ginetteginette

overcoming hurdles through teamwork

stump power!

Mandles08

Hah, I actualy like this one alot. I like how you put it on a green shirt. 5$

Shnatz

Cute!!

.MINUS.

DAMN THAT'S GOOD! A surefire hit for the kiddies. Nice work.

squishyfox

ah ahaha this is great! loves it $5

murraymullet

WOWEE. That is the most original design I have seen on this site. I love this shirt. livincompany.com

Chelseaoyesums

haha i love the smiles on the stumps faces hahah

a.ndrealeigh

this is the most amazing shirt there has every been.
i wish i was this shirt, so i could love myself.

ginetteginette

Thanks guys! Especially to Murraymullet, I'd never heard of livincompany before but I really enjoyed their stuff when looking through it just now. Thanks for the link! ;)

cindylou

very cute- but i don't know if i would have know they were stumps if i hadn't just read it.

pickledbib

in a good way that is... that above comment sounded a little odd... I like it!

stefakn

They are quite clearly stumps. $$$$$

wotto

lol

feebsicle

stumps make it work!!!
I love this one I hope it wins so I can buy one :D

myteemo

Cute. I'd buy it for my niece and nephew.

pinpinpin

hey. $5

you know me a bit

ginetteginette

^ah yeah! hello and thanks luke!

Aidosaur

Adorable!

glamjets

Dark on dark is kind of bleak and makes it difficult to capture the concept quickly. Maybe add the same texture on the stacked stumps to the trunks of the trees to solidify the "stump" connection because I seriously didn't get it until reading your description. Make the cutting plane that is the top of each stump a much lighter color...just like real trees. Swirl is perfect. Let a thin ledge of that lighter wood color show on a few of the other stumps in the stack to enrich that jostled, funstack visual. Put a crow in one of the trees; he can be the embittered rival or small-percentage-talent entity.

glamjets

And you have two colors of stumps. Put the darker color trunk on at least one of the trees.

ginetteginette

Thanks a lot for the thought out critique but some of what you mentioned I had already considered and tried and it did not look as well as this finished design. I'm honestly surprised that a couple people couldn't recognize that the characters were stumps of wood, but I suppose that just surprises me because I have been using this simple shape for a few years now to get that image across and no one has voiced that opinion till now.

As for the tiny crow, I actually think that's a really neat idea but I would be concerned about what adding an extra element, especially an extra "live" character would mean to the design. I think it would become too much of a focus and I like to keep things simpler.

Does anyone else think that there is not enough contrast between the purple and green? I know they are both somewhat darker shades but I believed that their contrasting colours were enough.

MissKris87

THIS IS GREAT!!!

chelly

i didn't get that they were stumps at first, but it is still cute

ginetteginette

^oh man :(, were the shapes reminiscent of anything else at first or do the people who didn't see stumps just not have any inkling as to what they could be?

iztastic

hahaha, cuuuute! I love it

darknessdesired

Yesss, this is super cute.

X.Oh.x.,
Acadia

carlycake

I love the trees faces.

adavey

this is so adorable! good job, ginette!

ilive4summer

heheh i like your design $5

TheDood

put a smile on my face $5

FRICKINAWESOME
2 designs submitted - Score now!

the grins on the stump's faces sell this beyond the call of duty. 4$

a.ndrealeigh

they are clearly stumps, i think some people spend too much time in the city....thats what trees look like once you chop them. true story.

adavey

people are obviously just over analyzing . $5

deforgeo

yay

i see them as stumps just fine

saimajafri

i feel like this shirt deserves a hug! $5 ftw!

saimajafri

and a couple of the stumps are waving with their stump-like arms also... hehehe

Boriska

h aha !! 5

murraymullet

What stumps are you all talking about?

JoeMonster

just cute... that's all. i wish there's something more!

eyedewtwo

I would be very, very surprised if this doesn't get printed. It's so freakin cute. Very well done. Congrats on the money and the honor. 5$

ginetteginette

actually JoeMonster there is something more to it. this was one of the concepts i cooked up for a project on overcoming adversity, so just because i did it in a cutesy way doesn't mean it's a shallow illustration.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?