Close
One second...

Musical Evolution

• by c-nizzle
  • posted Jan 02, 2008
  • 37 Comments

This design should evoke nostalgia and curiosity as to how we will be listening to music in the future.

Watch this
c-nizzle

This design should evoke nostalgia and curiosity as to how we will be listening to music in the future.

Honsou

Interesting concept. I think the figures need to be more detailed to match the style of the media. And also, the media and figures should be more evenly aligned, and more realistically proportioned. Also, the 8-track should be flat to match the others.

Sorry to be so nit-picky, but I'm just trying to provide some constructive criticism.

vixyish

It might have been better if each of the figures were, say, carrying the corresponding item, and/or listening to it. Right now it's just kind of two unrelated series slapped on there-- there isn't enough that's visually tying them together.

PiManWillSaveUS

I like the idea of them carrying the various music players. do that and i'm sold

JoeMonster

i agree that if the apes are carrying the gadgets instead, it would make a lot of difference. it would be totally brilliant!

GoodTaste14

c-nizzle, I would totally rock this shirt on the streets of D.C.

schmonsorad

totaloly agree with vixyish

but i give you props

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i wish the juxtapositioned images were more related, like bones, rocks, bongos etc.

ellabeeinc

needed to go further back then records.... my dad wasn't an ape!? :)

citrouille

I agree with the above comments. Figures should carry the gadgets or the figures should be lost altogether. Great idea. :]

Wennie

yeah have them carry them..

c-nizzle

My first submission. Thanks for all the great feedback!

lxcky_fxck

I love the idea and concept, but like the others said, it'd be neat if they carried the gadgets. I would like more colors, too. The gray kinda makes it a little uninteresting.

slipdonknots

Finally a tee that educates and entertains at the same time!
Maybe instead of the traditional ape evolution time line you have the first ape sitting in a chair listening to the phonograph. The 2nd ape driving an El Camino listening to the 8 track, the 3rd listening to an old school walkman while working a Rubiks Cube, not sure about the 4th yet, but the last one could be sipping a Starbucks while rocking out his ipod...

marblehunt

Excellent idea. Not quite perfect but worth work as it has a lot of potential. Firstly, agree with all the above comments regarding carrying the items or integrating them into the figures, and secondly, I don't think you should feel rigid with regards to the illustration of evolution. Some kind of cartoon (even fashion based human cartoon) like illustration adhering to the shapes of the body but not actually the classic chimp drawings may work just as well.

SolomonGrundi

Yeah if you want to as far back as apes then maybe logs and sticks, not records. The evolutions should correspond. I frickin love the idea though. This needs retooling but i give you mad props

Sruss20818

Think the idea behind the change in evolution of man and music is right on. Having each version of man actually using each device would blend the two together better. Slipdonknots thoughts were good, but takes away from the pictures of man's evolution that we all know and love. Too much going on.

Savage Companion

records are way cooler than cds or mp3s

mikro919

clever! i love this design!

Katie-Kizzle

What a fantastic idea! I love it. Don't listen to "SRuss20818", there isn't "Too much going on".......it's got it going on! :)

mushrush

I understand the "timeline," but I don't know if I like vinyl being somehow less evolved than the 8-track and stereo cassettes... That's not just the record collector in me either.

lizkoko

YES

bobobob1230

Ok first of- Ditch the Darwin. And also, i like lp's!

ferassobeh

i'd buy the idea but not the illustration!!

Sruss20818

DO AS YOU WISH!! I VOTED IT A HEART POUNDING 5!! KATIE-KIZZLE's GOT IT GOING ON!!!!

miraclebubble

love the idea of musical evolution, but i don't think that one format being released after another is necessarily evolution as synced up in your design. ;)

annamolly

i just think this darwinian concept is overdone.

Immersion

Oooooverdoooonnnneeeeeee
It's like these tees make themselves, sorry...

BasisForTWOday

yeah i know what Immersion is saying....i really like the idea but ive already seen it twice just now while looking through new submissions. this is not intended to hurt feelings im just saying

DaddyBag

Relax people, even though it may not exactly be the definition of evolution; it is clear what is meant and the relationship between the stages of evoution and the stages of audio media. I'd wear it, so would Darwin.... Douche bags.

kissmeimshitfaced

When will people quit it with the evolution tees...

cindylou

too obvious

Shiv Katall

Cool looking, but I'm afraid that it implies that records are the worst of the bunch, when in reality, Records sound WAY better than all the other listed medias. If you put the record at the top of the evolution chain I would buy it.

Generator

stop using the evolution design

ExRai

i dunno, i still listen to vinyl.
does that make me a troglodyte?

No account?
Join Us