Close
One second...

All Music is Colorful

So what you have here is basically an evolution of musical notation. On the main eighth note, starting from the end of the tail, you have contemporary five line staff. Going upwards, that morphs into the medieval neuma four-lined staff. Going down, that morphs into the numeric notation staff, popular in China and called jianpu in Chinese. Following the curve of the note, that morphs into ancient Greek musical notation, which morphs into the thin red line + yellow line musical notation, which morphs into contemporary, avant-garde "graphical" musical notation. That's music through the ages for ya...

Watch this
phoenixoverused

So what you have here is basically an evolution of musical notation. On the main eighth note, starting from the end of the tail, you have contemporary five line staff. Going upwards, that morphs into the medieval neuma four-lined staff. Going down, that morphs into the numeric notation staff, popular in China and called jianpu in Chinese. Following the curve of the note, that morphs into ancient Greek musical notation, which morphs into the thin red line + yellow line musical notation, which morphs into contemporary, avant-garde "graphical" musical notation. That's music through the ages for ya...

annnna

so clever :) wow ! I`d like it better on white though

Cloudgazer

blue! ah, this is so great!

jfleet

Very lovely!! Maybe without the tiny music notes though?? They're so small, if they weren't so colourful I might have mistaken them for flies. $5

The Haunt Of

Really cool idea. I think without the little notes scatered around it might look better, or perhaps if they were moved closer to the main note, so that they seemed to be emanating from it. Also, the numeric and Greek sections are like a few straight lines of characters, rather than one continuous flowing curve. If that were fixed it would be ace.

phoenixoverused

I think overall the little music notes was a mistake, and upon further revision, those probably will be removed.

And, "TheHauntOf," I can make the numerals/Greek more curvey.

phoenixoverused

Big kudos as well to whoever can name the song that the three measures on the tail are from.

Miss_Beasley

I love it!! I agree to prolly remove the little notes, but I'd definitely buy either way!

lovemyshirts

is it "this old man"
???
I wasn't sure which direction to start from....and my music reading skills are old, slow, and rusty....

phoenixoverused

Mm, not quite :] Start from the top and work your way to the tip of the tail.

dorkman

I like this. I'd keep the smaller notes, but vary them. Put in some quater notes, sixteenths, maybe even some short musical phrases.

mandodeb

I like your design just the way it is. I am still trying to understand diatonic scales, so I'll probably have to buy two of these: 1 to wear, 1 to stare at. $5

negative_j

clever. (but lose the little notes) $5

tubacolonel234

I would put it on a yellow, and tilt the note to one side or another so it is slightly off center on the shirt and not straight up and down.

DannoGriff

^agree with^ tilting the note would get rid of some of the flatness.

Norih

Very clever! Hopefully this is a step in the direction of an educated musical revolution. Not sure of the song but I can play it on my cor. Any other compositions?

rubygt

I love it. Many of my friends play Chinese instruments and read jian pu and five line staff notes, I'd definitely buy it for them :D

smileyface631

i like the little notes but i agree w/ dorkman when he said to add variety.

dluckey7

def do this in black...that would be amazing!

trumpetplaya

I like it but maybe make it thicker so you can read it a little better. Good Job

No account?