Close
One second...

Profit

• by alphadam
  • posted Dec 17, 2007
  • 5 Comments

I want it to say \"Scoff it, Im after profit.\" but i can\'t make the right font.

Watch this
alphadam

I want it to say \"Scoff it, Im after profit.\" but i can\'t make the right font.

PFK

I like the concept but I think you need to clean it up a bit (more contrast), because right now it looks more like a scanned-sketch than a t-shirt design. I think your artistic ability is great though.

I can't tell what that is supposed to be in the guy's eye, so if it is supposed to be something specific, then I think you should add more detail. If it isn't supposed to be something specific, then I would make it all one color because it distracts from your image.

I would really appreciate it if you would return the favor, and leave me some feedback on my design...

http://www.threadless.com/critique/11618/Funky_Monkey

quister
quister profile pic Alumni

That's the world in his eye but you're right, it should be more recognizable. You can get a B&W vector world on line, color it, and just pop it in. I think the contrast of a sketch combined with a finished illustration would add interest and better define the concept (capitalist greed) for the viewer. I would definitely lose the crumpled paper background and extend the shoulders to the width of the shirt so it's not floating. I don't like the black ball in his ear and I'd lose the abstract shape under his left lower eye lid. All this can easily be done in Photoshop if you know the program. Otherwise, it's an eye-grabbing drawing, very original and worth pursuing.

alphadam

thanks a lot guys, as you can probably tell im new to the whole digital image thing. i appreciate all your feedback.

alphadam

i got rid of the paper background, i couldnt even see it before cuz my screen had such a high contrast. and i broadened the image to reach across the whole shirt.

quister
quister profile pic Alumni

Looks better. I'd move it to the right on the shirt. No one's going to see the world if it's too close to the arm pit. I know you'll have to add a bit of tie but it's crucial to the concept that the world be visible. Speaking of the world, I think you need to go to a lighter green and blue so it stands out more.

No account?
Join Us