5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. ... 156
shirtflirt

to quote the producers "no paradoxes will be written into the show" or something like that

Audiovore

shirtflirt on Feb 27 '08 at 2:44pm
6 months of island time? or 'real world' time?

Well I guess island time. Although wasn't the possibility that there is time distortion only introduced with the missile? Or was it suggested before? Hard to keep track of everything over the years.

I wonder if they are ever going to mention the three toed statue again or not....

shirtflirt

but that's what i'm asking, izit 6months of our calendar time or some other kinda time? i don't know anything.
but yeah, it was a newer revelation.

Audiovore

Well the people on the island have experienced 6 months of time go by, weather or not time passed on the main land is inconsequential.

shirtflirt

is it though? think about the complications if they get off the island and time is not hte same!

Audiovore

Well its inconsequential to my original statement of the time passage which was in response to SoulfumeInc's statement of "they've already been there so long" which they really haven't.

shirtflirt

mmm, maybe it's not though. maybe 6 months feels like a year on the island? i wish they'd talk about that in the show

SoulfumeInc

yea, whatever. however long its been, they've obviously adapted to succesfully living there

shirtflirt

until the dharma food runs out....

SoulfumeInc

I thought Dharma was still making regular drops...?

SoulfumeInc

and they survived off of island food until they even discovered the dharma food

shirtflirt

they survived off stuff from the plane first
then they found a bunch of dharma stuff in one of the hatches
but just before they helicopter, they were just about to run out of food
and remember the last episode
locke tells ben
"these are the last of the eggs"

SoulfumeInc

no doubt. i thought they were catching and eating boars for a while...

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

I'm so glad you got involved with Lost shirt. Maybe a person are missing out.

Audiovore

shirtflirt on Feb 28 '08 at 2:43pm
mmm, maybe it's not though. maybe 6 months feels like a year on the island? i wish they'd talk about that in the show

They mentioned 3 months sometime last season, a search of the hardcore forums would yield all time passage references and current estimates. I believe that the missile's timer also suggested that time passed faster off the island.

Edword
Edword profile pic Alumni

yep yep

Edword

that was pretty dam good! thank god for lost!

Audiovore

I may not be able to see it until Saturday evening. Small possibility I may be able to watch it before work, I may, if I am really lucky, be able to tonight if it downloads fast enough. Otherwise I have a leap day pub crawl after work then work whenever I wake up on sat.

shirtflirt

45 more minutes....

maybe a person are missing out?--staffell?

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

hell yes to that episode

shirtflirt

question to anyone

in regards to time.

if time moves faster off the island
than it does on the island

who's time is correct?

the one in which they came from
or the one in which they are in

straw8erry333

ack! stupid hockey game means I can't watch until 2:10 am... and I have to work at 6:30

Edword

the rest of the world is on the real time. I think when they typed in the numbers it would keep the island hidden some how and when the hatch blew up it made it possible to find the island by the time is still out of wack with the rest of the world.

just a theory

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

so do you think Daniel is gonna go bonkers timewarp style?

shirtflirt

but is that 'real time'? or is the island real time and 'real time' is the warped version?

kayceislost

im in the middle of the episode right now, but damn this is a thousand times better than last weeks.

Mote

That episode reminded me so much of Slaughterhouse Five. Just excellent stuff.

SoulfumeInc

fucking great episode last night. really delved into some new theories.

brain still exploding

staffell

oh. fuck. that messed with my head.

staffell

Daniel's fuckin loopy too

SoulfumeInc

I think he's worried about gettin fucked up when they leave the island, but its awesome that he remembers Desmond from the past now, so he can use him as his constant

I love how Desmond used Penny as his constant and it set everything straight for him. Im a burly 200 pound dude, and I was pretty much about to cry when he was on the phone with Penny...

wussy sniffle

danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni

Yeah Mote, me too, that's a great movie actually.

If they want to keep it 'realistic' as the writers have said all along, they might use the relative angle, where people are each in the right time, but perception of others time is skewed by time/space.

staffell

I hope they take that stance dan. Similar to the cosmic warping of the space/time continuum.

shirtflirt

rachel you've been eating too much corn, that was a great episode.
that one fact, that passing through the wormhole can distort your consciousness opens up all new possibilities pertaining to the flashbacks when they first land on the island. it's based on radiating levels, if i understood loopy daniels explanation correctly and desmond obviously got a chocker full when he pressed that button so that's why he has such serious episodes.
man that was sweet, and i also agree with dan and hope they tread that fine line.

staffell

the dialogue between penny and desmond was corny, but that only lasted for a few seconds, and it was necessary for the story line

shirtflirt

oh is that what she was referring to?
i thought that was really fitting for the story
i mean
shit, she kept trying to call him even though he'd left and when she started, it was 5 years after he left her....it was perfect

but it seems that whats happening is daniels really fucked up, especially after seeing the teaser for next week. he's been loopin around but something changed...and so he couldn't remember that third card! ah ha!

staffell

I love lost

shirtflirt

best show ever, easy

staffell

Re " staffell on Feb 28 '08 at 5:46pm
I'm so glad you got involved with Lost shirt. Maybe a person are missing out."

I think what I was trying to say is, I feel sorry for people who are missing out. I have no idea how it came out as that^

shirtflirt

ahh, many people are missing out in deed.
i'm glad i got involved with lost too

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

best show of all ever

shirtflirt

but what is a memory issue but a lack of a constant, according to his theories

kayceislost

that was such a fantastic episode.

staffell

snaggle tooth, do you watch lost by any chance?

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 5
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. ... 156