Close
One second...

Drunk pawn

• by GregStek
  • posted Dec 09, 2007
  • 29 Comments

A pawn on a chessboard, explaining that he isn't drunk. I came up with the idea a few years ago and put it on my website, www.themanwhofellasleep.com - I hope you enjoy it.

Watch this
GregStek

A pawn on a chessboard, explaining that he isn't drunk. I came up with the idea a few years ago and put it on my website, www.themanwhofellasleep.com - I hope you enjoy it.

weiy

don't really get it...would it make more sense if it was the king that had fallen? (as in someone forfeits the chess game by knocking over the king)

GregStek

Yes, but pawns are funnier than Kings.

jpeacockdesign

i like this but the words are way too literal. it doesn't really seem like anything a drunk person would say, and i know a lot about things drunk people say haha

GregStek

It's a very polite, English drunk.

meilinPR

I thought it was really funny, but I wouldn't wear it (then again, I always avoid shirts with text). 5.

guns0ntheroof

i love the idea...i'm not sure about the t-shirt color though...maybe a white? Definitely something lighter though.....and maybe make the pawn look a little more drunk. Can't wait to see an update!

CHOICE COD

Nitpick: the queens and and kings should be directly in line with each other, not diagonal like you have it. The queens are always placed on opposite colored squares (and, thusly, kings, too).

GregStek

Damn it, you're right. Thanks for pointing it out.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

that speech bubble looks really ugly

karlaaa

MINUS THE SPEECH BUBBLE

asphyxia

I really like it, and please don't change the wording! It's perfect! However please do change the black queen so she is sitting on the correct colour: I definitely wouldn't wear it otherwise. Also what about different colours on black? (Instead of orange and violet). Really simple colours would work best with this, in my opinion :)

duchess_of_stl

do not change anything! i fukken love it!

dinacos

Really original design. I would buy it!

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

jpeacockdesign on Dec 14 '07
i like this but the words are way too literal. it doesn't really seem like anything a drunk person would say

Jesus. Why does everything have to be so literal?

The wording is perfect. Don't change it.

citrouille

Great design. Very witty. $5.

alightly

I like the idea but "I am not drunk." would have sufficed for the speech bubble, IMHO.

LoveLifeShirts

HAHA oh my god this is funny.

podium_06

wow like it! colors and all

dweebulous

I love this because when I read the text, I heard a distinctive, high-pitched, slightly slurred voice blaring in my head. $5 just for that.

5napple

the king and queen are in the wrong spot. but other than that 5

bohemianbailie

It reminds me of in Superbad when the girl goes I fell and no one will help me up! I must admit I ama girl that tends to see the ground alot when I drink so I think if I were to wear this my friends would get a good laugh!!

4evrblowinBUBBLES

Would be better without the speech bubble

bettynotsweaty

i think i might need the shirt with text only.....

ehrady

nice idea.

ldcm176

Make it a white shirt with black squares, and change the shape and color of the speech bubble (I'd also prefer a more mature font.)

5napple

you have the black king and queen in the wrong places

CHOICE COD

"you have the black king and queen in the wrong places"

Take a moment to read the previous comments.

Avaggdu

Unfortunately not necessarily for the American market (or pedants, who have no sense of humour anyway). I assure you I am English, and this is hilarious.
Buy it; you'll look intelligent, fun loving, but not anally retentive. If you need more for the second date, it's up to you, but it's probably not a good idea to mention your collection of stuffed roadkill, alcoholism or you live with your parents.

thekidhere

I want to buy one. where can i order it (new to website)

No account?