Close
One second...

Breakdanceres are Upside-down Ballerinas

Yeah, it's an artist's model. I like them and I origionally planned to use a wood grain simlar to an old submission of mine but I decided not to in the end. I like the blue one, but the purple one looked kinda nice too, a bit girly perhaps, but as half the world happens to be lady-folk I figure it works.

Watch this
DorianDantes

Yeah, it's an artist's model. I like them and I origionally planned to use a wood grain simlar to an old submission of mine but I decided not to in the end. I like the blue one, but the purple one looked kinda nice too, a bit girly perhaps, but as half the world happens to be lady-folk I figure it works.

burgz

so true....

Twiggyhall

I really like this!

loveaslaughter

hahahahaha. Def. love the concept. Dark purple would be lots better.

Pookiepookstar

Clever!

I'd like to see it on different coloured T's, and the illustration a little bolder. Then you'd get $5!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

whoa! this would be a bazillion times better if you hard actual ballerinas on the bottom and break-dancers on top, with just the poses mirrored. mannequins are cool and all, but they make it seem too "artificial"

lxyt

nice! good point. never thought about that, but definitely true.

thamuffingal

I like this the way it is. simple. but I do agree that it is too cool of a design to be on baby blue errr pink. $5 from me though

DorianDantes

I see that the color is an issue for some. If you guys want to give me some specific ideas for color preference, and a general consensus can be reached then maybe threadless will let me change the colors if it wins. So throw out some shirt/dancer colors and lets see.

nate_davis

Agreed, so much of the humor is in the title. Without the title it's merely a cool graphic treatment--might be too subtle without the title.

rawr_kaboom

I love the whole idea, the tee's pretty neat too

KM3

Submit it as a slogan, it might do better. I think it's clever.

alexabexis

It's a great concept but I think the execution needs to be clearer - like what Bio-bot said.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Bio-bot 9000 on Dec 13 '07
whoa! this would be a bazillion times better if you hard actual ballerinas on the bottom and break-dancers on top, with just the poses mirrored. mannequins are cool and all, but they make it seem too "artificial"

I was gonna type that, thanks for saving me the time bio bot!

opendestiny

I wish the ballerinas had tu-tus, and maybe some pling, or a hat or something for the breakdancers.

beedrill

Needs title.

DorianDantes

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess i should have submitted it as a critique because I can't change any of this stuff and resubmit now right?

DaveSmith

You can resubmit later when you have your design worked out.

you could use a Ballet font and a break dancer font to do your characters easily.

Ballet Font

Theres also a good Breakdancer font on Abstractfonts.com called "Superstar Dj".

DorianDantes

thanks for the help and the fonts.

cindylou

This would be better if the breakdancers looked like breakdancers, and the ballerinas looked like ballerinas. It's still cool, but it just looks like you're showing the body mechanics of a dancer or something.

aynee

haha! very good idea!

fribblemctits

What a great concept! I wish it wasn't with those wooden model things, I'm so sick of seeing them.

gtoast99

rework and resub. such a good idea!

BlueEmu

....My world has been rocked by this T-shirt.

Rework it PLEAAAAAASEE! maybe full silouette?

DorianDantes

so, the consensus is that people want realistic silhouettes and different colors. For the silhouettes, do you want them to be breakdancers up top and the same image mirrored on the bottom? Or do you want ballarina silhouettes on the bottom. I will also make the bottom more prominent and less like a shadow as well as try to work the text into the design perhaps.

No account?
Join Us