Close
One second...

Open Mic

• by michless
  • posted Dec 03, 2007
  • 25 Comments

This design is dedicated to anyone who shares his or her life at the mic. Comedians and rappers fall under this category and while I admire both groups, this design was inspired by my friend who is a spoken word performer. I went to one of his events over the summer and walked away amazed. Therefore, I am also entering it in the "Wow" competition.

Watch this
michless

This design is dedicated to anyone who shares his or her life at the mic. Comedians and rappers fall under this category and while I admire both groups, this design was inspired by my friend who is a spoken word performer. I went to one of his events over the summer and walked away amazed. Therefore, I am also entering it in the "Wow" competition.

bbarchi

I think the concept is pretty kool, the graphics, it just needs a lil more work...but 3/4 overall....

Choi-man

I think it's a very creative design. The way you used symbols to represent the idea of certain feelings and genres is amazing. I love it:)

michless

apologies for non-working links. They seem to work for five minutes and then shut down! I'm going to try this link out and see if it works.
Larger model pic

stephyd

i like the black outline more than the white

beesneak
beesneak profile pic Alumni

I like this a lot.

jordycakes

i would like it a lot better if the open part of the mic didn't look like a thimble. but great concept $4.

jjss

i think the design is pretty good.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I don't think it looks very much like a mic. nice idea, but draw the rest of the stand fading away to the bottom of the tee, and make the bottom of the top part of the mic more traditionally designed.

liekcrazy

i can see this getting printed. goodjob!

CheeseSandwich

5 for concept 3 for execution. My only problem is the shape of the mic. overall $3

Torr

I like it alot. I could see it right away.

xeunice

i'd buy it =) love it! super cute ;)

gouldnash

someone else submitted a similar "open mic" shirt like two weeks ago. was that you?

this is definitely better.

michless

I submitted two designs based on this open mic idea but at the same time, so there's another one running right now, in addition to this one. I'm not aware of submitting anything earlier.

and thanks!

thejosher

looks good, but like others have said the top of the mic is lacking. make it more of a mesh rather than holy, and maybe black. definitely shorter. it should look great then :)

thejosher

holey*? :P

michless

I can't spend anytime reworking the mic these days... my final exams and paper are all next week and I'm approaching stress mode. I guess I can only work on it during winter break. But thanks guys for all the input! I'm wondering what score this will get, since my other one was dropped before its 7-day run ended...

Apasionada

I'm in love with this.
And I'd totally get it...I'm studying to be in radio and I see it as a fitting design.
5, fo' sho'.

michless

I never came back and said thanks for all the comments. I will def. rework this one later... i love the concept - it's one of my more genuine ones

No account?
Join Us