the t-shirt what i designed

• by gemmabear
  • posted Nov 27, 2007
  • 15 Comments

so, 2 years after designing this t-shirt (while i was still at college), I got an email from the lovely people of threadless informing me that the design had been chosen...
i was on holiday on the other side of the atlantic at the time and my first thought was "ummm, i hope i still have that file on my computer...". I had long since given up on the design ever being considered for printing. so i was pretty surprised but... you know, pretty happy too.
i made this design while working on a project about inanimate objects (actually, most of my projects were about inanimate objects...). I've finished college now and I work as a freelance illustrator in the lovely town of Norwich, england. It has been a while since I've submitted a design to threadless, but this recent success has made me consider submitting something new soon.

Watch this
MaraXD

that's crazy.

2 years!
haha

well congrats! :D

renfrue
renfrue profile pic Alumni

dat is pretty sweet
congrats

Tunak

Your design is awesome. I wish the men's sizes came in grass, turquoise is rather hard to pull off.

ya_rly

aww. i'm so happy this was printed :] congrats, and you should definately keep desigining! ;]

drmtama2

747 days ago!!!

damn!!

ilovetheopera

@tunak: on the contrary, i wish the girl's came in turqoise instead of grass. grass is like, too boring for me, heh. but i have really weird taste in colour co-ordination.

great design though. it's so cute! if only it came in turqoise, i would totally grab it. plus, i love cheese. well, congrats on the print(:

grover75

I seen this design and just had to have it.It was the 9th threadless tee i have brought since august and ive still got my eyes on a few other designs!!

littlem

Happy birthday!!!!

pazvega

Fantastic!!!!

criteria622

So did you rip Kohl's off or the other way around?

gemmabear
gemmabear profile pic Alumni

Kohl's ripped me off.

gemmabear
gemmabear profile pic Alumni

Correction: Hybrid T-shirts ripped me off and sold the design to Kohl's and WallMart.

EMorrigan

the one with the dinosaurs is fantastic! I wish the men's sizes came in other colors like red or orange..bright colors!

No account?
Join Us