Close
One second...

Fairyworks

Did you ever wonder where those sparkly fireworks get that extra helping of pixie dust from? Kooky Love and Frickinawesome have obtained this secret photo of the process in action and submitted it for your perusal. Don't shed a tear for those lil' winged lovelies though, since it seems that half the fun of being a fairy is going out with a bang! The fairy sparkles would be in gold-foil ink.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Did you ever wonder where those sparkly fireworks get that extra helping of pixie dust from? Kooky Love and Frickinawesome have obtained this secret photo of the process in action and submitted it for your perusal. Don't shed a tear for those lil' winged lovelies though, since it seems that half the fun of being a fairy is going out with a bang! The fairy sparkles would be in gold-foil ink.

embuscade

Wow, this design looks amazingly good.
I would actually buy it. You get a 5!

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

nice work. good team.

fluzzy

$5 more tink tees please!!!!!!!

nikolina100

awww, poor fairies! although, she does have a thumbs up...hahaha!
Great job fellas! 5

yoshi andrian
yoshi andrian profile pic Alumni

great concept and execution!

TheLittleLady

great idea and cool art... feel sorry for the fairies though!

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

Cruelly funny and spectacular $5

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I admit this is GREAT idea.

I'm glad to see this collab finally ups!

Green Eyed Lilith

I wish the fairy on the bottom wasn't there; she kind of looks excited to be blown up while the other two look frightened...so either you should make her frightened also or get her out

FRICKINAWESOME

Yeay it's up up and away! thanks so much for the comments so far, always insightful as par the course here.

Green Eyed Lilith- I hear your complaints, but it seems that some fairies are scared of being blown to bits, and some are crazy x-treme like that and actually think it might be a heck of a good time! Just like some people like skydiving and some are horrified by it. Kooky and I agreed it would be bes to soften the idea up the most we can to make it more of a surprise for people to think about after their initial reaction of cuteness. Thanks for your comment tho!

Pizazz

I like the subtle inclusion of Tinkerbelle.

kiLLyou

Awesome!!!

$$ FIVE $$

Keter

Hm. It must be fairy abuse week. :o( Great design, tho.

prinnyoverlord

How cruel... but gorgeous illustration and coloring! I would definately wear it, but I'm afraid of facing the wrath of the many Tinkerbell and fairy-loving girls in my classes.

pickledbib

another sweet collab!... looks good on the shirt

vinnylo

very cool concept, but i must say two things that somewhat bother, but not enough to kill myself. i personally think the style boy with the fire work is much different than the detail and design of the fairies. maybe its cuz they are way smaller that the detail looks more crisp. and i dunno about that city in the back. kind of PS rendered looking. and maybe you can go w/o using it.

fukkinridiculous

Is it weird i'm strangely attracted to the fairies ?? I mean, who said that? anyway, well done

fnkybstrd29

So that's how they do that! Nice job guys, I especially love how the fairies seem so willing to give their lives for just that one moment of our pleasure!

SoulfumeInc

would i be the sickest guy ever if i said that tinkerbelle's right boob is totally hot?

if so, then i didnt just say that.

great illo guys. has a good narrative

chelly

terrible

harpo25
harpo25 profile pic Alumni

awesome!

chelly

chelly on Nov 29 '07
terrible

for FNA - terrible sentiment, is what i typed. but since you asked for a real reaction: even w/ the explanation and one small fairy giving an even smaller thumbs up, upon looking at the design momentarily (as you would if it were on a shirt) it appears disturbingly violent. "going out w/ a bang is fun for fairies" isn't a well-known fact; i could actually see this make a kid cry, especially when you use a popular icon like tinkerbell. beyond the idea and on to the art of the submission, it looks rushed. all the different styles (the fireworks, the city in the background, the kid, and the fairies) don't work together FOR the design and come off as odd. i gave this a 3. obviously this is just my opinion.

Pookiepookstar

I like the colour combination, and I like the placement.

I have to say though, that I find the image disturbing. The first thing that came to mind was "bound female characters getting blown to bits." I realise they're fairies but strangely, they're sexualised. This makes them less fairy-like, and more human-like. The connotations of that are what disturbs me.

I hope that makes sense.

5napple

FA this is stunning. Threadless should just print this now. 5$ all the fucking way

FRICKINAWESOME

Chelly- Thank you for explaining yourself a bit further. I'm sorry you don't find the humor in this idea. I think it's a funny little joke about fairies making fireworks "pop" in the sky, and it's made in a light-hearted way as to go with the joke. As for making smaller kids cry, well, honestly I make shirts for adults, not kids, and there have been MANY other shirts on Threadless i feel that have far worse disturbing images (for instance, a a girl blowing her brains out for Flowers in the Attic). I think the fact that everything is hinted at and not really shown makes this image more real in some people's minds, which is actually the point of the tee. Sorry if this offends anyone, it's just meant as a light joke.

Pookiepookstar- If you look at Disney's Tinkerbelle, she does have very humanized parts to her and wears a very short skirt...I don't think Kooky Love set out to ultra-sexualized the fairy outfits. But the whole point of this shirt was to make it a tiny bit disturbing, but not to the point where it would offend or horrify someone. Sorry if that's the reaction you got. There is no sexual connotation I or Kooky Love meant to put into this design, just fairies that don't really exist whom always seem to be female in every fairy tale going kamikaze for fireworks.

jimmytan
jimmytan profile pic Alumni

haha i luv it! 4
nice presentation! + looks great on tee

iRoger

Yeah, like it.

FullOfOz

very cool and colorful...5$

Hi my name is

I think that this shirt is pretty funny. I know everyone in entitled to their own opinion but comparing this as "bound female characters getting blown to bits." and "sexualized". WOW! That comment makes me wonder what is going on in "Pookiepookstar”. But seeing that threadless is an American company. It goes to show, land of the free and home of the say what ever twisted thing that's on your mind.

mickimoose

great idea...i don't care much for the stylized city in the background when the characters in the foreground look so good. I also think the shadows on the child are different from the shadows on the fairies..it looks kind of weird..like they don't belong together.
i do really like the idea though.. $4

popsicle culture

This is a great idea, but it is not executed well. The boy is done in a semi-realistic way, the faeries in a cartoonish way, and the city background stylish.

The gradient in the boy's party hat is the only gradient on the design, making it unbalanced, drawing too much attention.

The boy's posture is very, very stiff, almost like Egyptian hieroglyphics. The faeries, however, look very curved and fluid. Once again, contrast.

Also, the light part of the boy's sleeve bothers me. If anything his other side should illuminated by the fireworks.

weaselmouse2

Wonderful size, awesome colours. Keep it on the dark coloured tee. 5$

stillme

Poor Tinkerbell! Nice work on the shirt though! Definately a 5$

joybells

less puke-like colors and i might buy it. but i love the concept

N2O

Ha! Too funny!

BubuSam
BubuSam profile pic Alumni

Nice colors!

DreamAboutCake

Good concept, but not a shirt of my taste

vivalacassy

I LOVE THIS! print print print!

Toop6

The colours are awesome, but the first works should be red/orange and orange/yellow or something, to give them more variety.

Neon Samurai

Yeah, I love fairies and it's a cute joke. That said there's something about the composition that seems a little incongruous and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. nice conceptually though.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?