i Jesus

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
PixelGurl

I love the gators, but am confused with the text...who is this Jesus you speek of?

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

the plastic gator is walking on water i guess....
haha, then there should be 11 more normal gators in the background....

rangoon

needs work but i get your concept

KrazieKorie

good concept, but it seems to be lacking in something

dozertx

lose the text.....

APEMAL

i AGREE... NO TEXT. THE PLASTIC GATOR IS REALLY CUTE

NANDO80

no..it needs the text...

Rajiara

It doesn't even make sense with the text though...it's at least cute without it.

karlaaa

I don't get it?

roadkill3d
roadkill3d profile pic Alumni

it needs the text. i just think the bubble could be a little more subtle. but illo is awesome...

Emriko

NO TEXT, NO SENSE.
Don't listen to the others.
xD

happydude

maybe put a halo or something over the plastic one, just need something to hint u that way instead of the blatantly obvious speech bubble

theangeli

how about "Jesus?"

The fact that the text is in form of a statement is part of the confusion, I think. As far as the distracting nature of the bubble...perhaps you could remove the black. I can see how it looks distracting in the tee-views at the bottom. The black is really heavy. Love this design, though.

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

^ agree, just "Jesus?"

Still really funny though. Nice work

Harlequin Girl

No text bubble/text and you got yourself a sold shirt!

annaleah

I agree "Jesus?" could be better
it's cute without text, but not clever :)

Jaimonster

I agree, get rid of the Text Bubble...

Add more Gators!

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

chubzy
chubzy profile pic Alumni

no text.

maxmaroe

I like 'Jesus?' better.

belcavallo

this is really cute. I'd buy it if you redid the text to "Jesus?"
and maybe some more alligators in the distance, but only one up close.

super cute idea

rptwinkie

It's hard to say, you can do either.. NOBODY is going to think that the crocodile (sorry to burst your bubble, people, it's a croc by the way the artist drew it) is asking or implying the floaty is Jesus. It just doesn't come across your mind looking at this. If you DIDNT get it by looking at it, you're not very quick on the thinking... walking on water... Jesus.... Anyway, it would still be cute (but would have no point) without the text. The text could be a little more subtle as everyone says, but, still. I like it.

mayhemem

I really like the design and the idea, but I would never wear something with jesus on it. I would really like this shirt without the text, but I understand that the whole point of the shirt for you is to make the comment about the real croc. thinking the plastic one is the son of god. Anyway, you need to decide whether to keep the text or lose the message. Gread design though.

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

did anybody think that the real croc simply mistook the floaty croc for his Puerto Rican friend Jesus ("Hey-seuss"), who happens to be small and plump?

me neither.

Great artwork, but try making use of the "Critique" system to test your ideas on the greater threadless audience. This could have been made much better.

gjm29

I would like this shirt if, as someone has said above, there were 11 more normal alligators and it wasn't just saying "hey" I mean if you were green and scalry and discovering religion, i expect there would be a bigger reaction.

danielbgon

I agree with THEANGELI.

"Jesus?" would be better.

Save some adjustments and this will be a very printable T!

good job.

ndstillie
ndstillie profile pic Alumni

i dont know... i think i like "Hi jesus" best. Its funnier.

maxmaroe

I like it without text. Just kinda funny with a dumbass looking plastic alligator floating past a real one. But he should be looking at it...

ladyjessica

I don't know if there are other people like this, but I'm a person where text attracts my attention much more strongly than images. So the first thing I saw was the text, then I took in the image mostly with my peripheral vision. Having the text there made me not even notice that the plastic croc was a plastic croc, that it was floating on top of the water, etc. I thought it was just a cute baby croc. Named Jesus. For some reason. I only figured out the joke after reading all the comments. So the text really ruined the effect for me.

I'd seriously consider just putting a halo on the plastic croc, and maybe a more surprised expression on the real croc's face.

NomadicDreamer

good suggestion by ladyjessica. either keep the text or lose it and put a halo over the croc. either way $5

eaglejon

yeah, I like the idea, but I didn't get the joke until my father in law pointed it out. If you can refine it a little more I think I'd give it higher

no_username

ehh...i'm kinda split on this one. defiantly keep the text.

DonRevan

Yeah, a surprising 'Jesus?' makes for a better delivery.

hpikkachu

OHHH. I GET IT. LOL!!!! xD

NICE!

bunnyslippers

Definately put "Jesus?"

And to "ashleyfashiondesign"... wtf? I'm Catholic too and I'm giving it a 5$

jpeacockdesign

hahahahaha i love this and i want it just how it is, if you change the text to "Jesus?" that's fine but i wouldn't buy it without the text on there somewhere. this is the funniest concept ever $5

sectionbb

How about just the word "Amen"
That would give it several meanings.

Cheli-Land

Lol hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaahahhLol hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaahahhLol hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaahahhLol hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaahahhLol hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaahahhLol hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaahahh this is sooooooooooo FUNNY!!!!!!!! i'll buy it! I don't get it though, but it is the funniest ever!!! oh jesussss i am laughing so much! what is the point of even discussing the conecpt? dind't the cocodrile ate the little kid named Jesus riding on the plastic aligator?? Lol hahahhaha.......

emyo135

to 'the josher': um...i hope so.

wow. I'm not going to lie, i totally didn't get it at first but DAMN now that i do (ha) it's really funny.

zoeffer

I think it's perfect the way it is! Personally, I wouldn't get it if it just said 'Jesus'.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Change to "Jesus?" and make the croc a bit more surprised to see his plastic lord and savior, anf im all over this like a drunkard following Jesus around asking him to turn water into wine.

danuberman

i must agree with loosing text but i like

HepburnititisA

I didn't get the walking-on-water thing I guess cause he's floating...something that regular alligators and crocs can do, too.
Also, "Hi, Jesus" kind of implies like a "hey what's up, man" kind of familiarity, like this guy lives down the block...which is probably why I found myself thinking...is the inflatable croc's name Jesus?
Too much thinking.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us