Close
One second...

The Onomatopoeia Outbreak

I enjoy seeing a viewers eyes dart around as they try to consume an image...and I think onomatopoeia are the coolest literary device in town...so I present to you "The Onomatopoeia Outbreak"...this is my first submission so I hope you all enjoy!

Watch this
Jesse Nobody

I enjoy seeing a viewers eyes dart around as they try to consume an image...and I think onomatopoeia are the coolest literary device in town...so I present to you "The Onomatopoeia Outbreak"...this is my first submission so I hope you all enjoy!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

This is cool - but I feel like you sold out on the 'Splat', 'Whoosh' and the 'Boing' and used crappy fonts. You should have stuck to hand rendering! Good start though!

Errick

Fatheed has a point. Great idea, nice layout, needs the DIY touch. Render it by hand to plus it up!

Jesse Nobody

thanks for the kind words and advice...i will keep that in mind about hand drawing those last three words...is it possible to resubmit it with those hand drawn?...

Jesse Nobody

ah well if this design does do well enough and is chosen I will submit the final design with the "boing"," splat" and "whoosh" hand drawn like the rest of the composition :) ...

hooptiedoo

maybe this will remind me of what onomatopoeia means ;) I always forget

Jesse Nobody

thanks for checking it out...I hope it wins so I can wear it when I play shows haha...then i can teach the crowd about onomatopoeia yay!

detoxpanda

Good idea, needs work

damnhot

I'm not a fan of the colours, but it reminds me about the old batman movies which were great !

Jesse Nobody

yeah it definately reminds me of old school batman episodes...those were awesome...as for the colors I chose fluorescents as they pop well against a black background...plus I need them to pop when i'm under the stage lights haha...thanks for your comments!

taiana85

He he, I thought of those Batman fights as well! That aside, I think this is cool - I love the colours and with all the words hand-drawn it'll be perfect. Definitely a buy!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Love onomatopoeias! I like what you are going for here, but maybe more spread out and less effects focused on?

Twiggyhall

oh, man - Evan we were going to do this idea at one point - lol

Jesse Nobody

Well Twiggyhall I hope you still go for the idea because all your other designs are really cool and I'd love to see your interpretation!

Jesse Nobody

I did have an earlier design that was a bit spread out with less going on...but I eventually decided on a more chaotic approach just for the fact that it would make the viewer take longer to digest all the onomatopoeia and digestion is usually a good thing heehee...thanks for everyone's critique!

art4atom

Like the concept, even like the design, just not sure how it's going to fair in the transition from an RGB to CMYK or PMS or whatever color standard threadless uses to print. Good luck.

Jesse Nobody

Thats a very fine point you make sir...browsing the shop it seems whatever inks and printing standards they use at Threadless seem to translate the bright colors reasonably well...hopefully that would keep my design colorful and fun...thanks for wishing me luck!

feeb

ZOW!!!!this is fantabulos!!!!$5

kjloveday

The idea is really cool, but the execution definitely needs work. It's way too messy to put on a shirt right now.

LittleEdwin

i love the colors! and i really like how you interpreted the drip, i do agree it could use some cleaning up though.

Jesse Nobody

I'm not very art savvy so how would I go about "cleaning" up the design? Rearrange the action words?...making things less chaotic?...thanks!

yue kitty

I didn't know clisck was a sound effect. I'm going to use it from now on.

Clisck....

Ped101

NOOO Leave it chaotic!!! I think the shirt is awesome, but i do agree that it needs a bit of rearranging and lettering but the design is FINE, besides i love the colors!!!

Jesse Nobody

Thanks for all the comments and scoring guys...oh and yeah when I drew "click" like "clisck" i said hey that is a sound so I kept it in...just in case this ever does get printed haha...my final design does have all hand drawn parts including that whoosh on the right side...if I can fix anything else please do let me know!

No account?
Join Us