Close
One second...

Shakesbear

• by lizzykai
  • posted Oct 16, 2007
  • 18 Comments

A shirt for literary geeks? It's supposed to be a teddy bear that resembles Shakespeare... at least a bit?

Please tell me how to improve :D

In detail, the books list: Macbeth, Julius Caesar, King Lear, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, and A Midsummer Night's Dream

Watch this
lizzykai

A shirt for literary geeks? It's supposed to be a teddy bear that resembles Shakespeare... at least a bit?

Please tell me how to improve :D

In detail, the books list: Macbeth, Julius Caesar, King Lear, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, and A Midsummer Night's Dream

Nevvie

For starters, leave off R&J, nobody likes it. ;-)

Try the Tempest instead, or Titus Andronicus for something a bit more obscure.

Your design is cute, but needs a lot of clean up work. Do you want to keep the 'scrawled' look, or make it more solid and cartoony?

Nevvie

I really like the colour choices btw.

lizzykai

Well, I was kinda trying to go for somewhere in between, scrawled + solid, maybe? I didn't want it to look like a sketch, or a flawless cartoon.... hmmmm.... any suggestions?

lizzykai

Anyone??

lizzykai

Critiques???

spanky18

the only way i could really tell it was supposed to be Shakespear was by reading the comment you left on it, so maybe fix the clothing a little to make it more clear?

earthless

maybe you could add a skull, like from hamlet, to make it clearer that this is shakespeare
I also thought you could maybe have some loose pages, like a work in progress, in which case the skull could be like a paperweight?

lizzykai

This is the newest version, I dulled the colors a bit more and made the entire design a bit more sketchy.... comments?

lizzykai

bump sigh

Nys

like the sketchy look but I think you need a skull...and no so big, maybe reduce the size and have the little bear in the corner of the shirt?

Other wise good job :D

lizzykai

Thanks so much!

lizzykai

bumpidillybump

nakitsura

Make it a teeny little bear skull

BraneFude

Yeah, do the bear skull, and make it slightly smaller like other people said

I do like the fact it is sketchy though :)

No account?
Join Us