Jesus Loves You

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
deepchild

...there's always a catch, right?

WEContact

Ouch! That one hurt. I'd give it a good score anyways, but beside the biter jab at the core of christianity it doesn't really have anything to offer.

Hcatmiller

o jeez i want this shirt badly. $5

Mindylane

I'm a Jew. And would totally buy this :)

kmmcclure

im inlove with this shirt.

Montro

I'm sure you can do better than this.

Chris Carney

WEcontact: It offers redemption, what more do you want from a shirt

deepchild

as someone who's not only worked for several years for the church, but also benefited greatly from its people, I feel i have some license for a touch of well-pointed irony. ;) After all, if we can;t critique ourselves, what hope is there? Hehe...

deepchild

...and I ain't convinced it's a 'bitter' jibe either...tho' it may get you stopped in the street ;P

voorheis

deepchild, what church did you work for? Something tells me that your church did not teach you the truth about Jesus. There are no conditions to His love. None at all.

phyntosia

What about accepting him and believing in him? I'd say those are two pretty critical conditions. Maybe I'm wrong, though, in which case we're all going to Heaven! Yippee!

phyntosia

Oh wait, that's my bad. Going to Heaven has conditions attached. Theologically, his love doesn't. I stand self-corrected.

I still think this shirt is funny though.

helo

definitely a conversation starter

The design is vague enough ( since the conditions aren't
spelled out ) to be supported by a Biblical position of God's
love/hatred of people -- I'm thinking of Romans 9:10-21.

interesting design, deepchild

JAYGATZ

Man, i hope nobody was being condemning or anything at your church. If so, i apologize on their behalf. Getting into heaven has conditions. Like... letting God be bigger than you (like the prisoner on the other cross who just asked Jesus to remember him) and that's about it. The love is free.

But the concept behind this shirt is actually pretty funny.

betterthanhuman

Nice. Very nice.
This pretty well sums up some of my feelings about the church today. I've been a youth pastor for over 6 years and it's my biggest frustration that those "conditions" apply. Jesus is all about love yet some "Christians" march around like ignorant freaks bombing abortion clinics and wielding signs that say "God hates fags". Where's the love in that? Sometimes it makes me afraid to call myself a Christian for fear that I'll be associated with that kind of hate rather than the love of Christ.

kelck

hahaha

myspacetom

best shirt ever.

print now please.

Elizar

Not on blue please, and shouldnt the asterix "small print" be on the back?
Then id buy it.

deepchild

OMG - what a conversation starter! I REALLY appreciate what Betterthanhuman says - and I relate very strongly to it, being in a similar position as himself. For all intents and purposes, I was empolyed in a similar role at a church that was my lifeline for so many years. Mostly very positive experiences for me, which paradoxically have given me the balls to design a shirt I hope may be both cheeky and provocative ;p

deepchild

Wow wow wow...thanks SO much for everyones (slightly polarised?) views.

I'm in awe.

I think that this t-shirt works for evangelicals/cynics/those seeking redemption with conditions alike. Which, even if it doesnt get selected makes me very happy - who knew a simple slogan could be so, err, potent!

kennybanzai

I see your point and I agree about Christians misrepresenting, but not sure this design will help. I work at a church running a weekly skate church kinda thing and put up with a fair share of crap, but I still believe the truth has and will overcome the false.... I like the idea but it could be done in other ways. Keep creating!

deepchild

I suppose that's part of the point - intentionally problematising the notion of 'truth', of 'love' and the way these phrases are so carelessly thrown around...

yarmouth

Betterthanhuman is TOTALLY on point. The people of the church have turned me away from it because of their extremism. The good parts of religion, such as social justice and peace, are overshadowed by them. What about the subtext noting that point? Such as, "Jesus loves you...but his 'followers' don't."

spires
2 designs submitted - Score now!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok I'm done.

maybe not

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mlrasche

guess what
this is cool
but i don't think that i'd want the possibility of someone reading it and just thinking that it says jesus loves them. that would defeat the purpose

4rch3nemy

5 $ .. though it may be because I am bitter at the core of christianity and an agnostic cynic. :D

brichelle

HAHA so true
$5

brichelle

I would wear this on free dress day to my christian school

Zool_1985

If Jesus loves me, why doesn't he call?

deepchild

I think he tried to call earlier, but I was tying up the line talking to my girlfriend again....damn, sorry...I'll be off is a second.

spanksu

this shirt is absolutely brilliant, it's funny yet smart all at the same time

krikkers

I like varmouth's idea.

Zak_aeon

bound to cause controversy and arguments. Saying that I love it. Leave the extra comment on the front. It needs to be on the same side as the main logo.
$5

star_sea

LOL!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5$

Wasabii

awesome idea

star_sea

I'M TOTALLY BORN FOR THIS SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!

next time talk about the ribs of "adam"

that could be sooooooo feminist.

love you

Momentarily

Bahaha! My friends would get a kick outta this if they saw me wearing it, knowing that I'm atheist ;)

BrandonB11

made me laugh... and although it is not the best drawn design... i would totally rock this

5$

hana-chan

OMG, that's great!! XDD

EldanDalis

I love how some people are taking this way to seriously..

i like it.. it makes you stop and think

felinedev

WOW!
dats real cool! man!
hilarious!
5!

felinedev

jus like it for de idea! y take art negatively...gr8 work!

deepchild

:) Woop woop! T-shirts = the new religeous politik! ;p

turtletop

nice i totally get it. i wish everyone took religion with a little bit of humor.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?