Close
One second...

Locked in Darkness

• by koager
  • posted Sep 28, 2007
  • 5 Comments

Hi all!

This is my very first submission so YAY ME!

Erm well...this shirt was actually originally made for a club at school but a friend persuaded me to try it out on Threadless.

It was for KEY Club so I had a whole explanation for me design but I can twist it to fit a more general term.

The black shirt is darkness of the world/human soul/life. The key is to unlock that darkness and save us all from it, thus the heart can be seen as love/spirit/soul. The wings would mean that the key came from God/higher being. The hands means that we are human(mortals) and we must accept the key and open up a pathway for ourselves.

As said before this was a shirt for a club so as you can see its not really detailed and with only 2 colors to keep the cost down. Might detail it a bit in a resubmission after I figure out what exactly to do and from all your lovely comments.

Enjoy!

Watch this
koager

Hi all!
This is my very first submission so YAY ME!

Erm well...this shirt was actually originally made for a club at school but a friend persuaded me to try it out on Threadless.
It was for KEY Club so I had a whole explanation for me design but I can twist it to fit a more general term.

The black shirt is darkness of the world/human soul/life. The key is to unlock that darkness and save us all from it, thus the heart can be seen as love/spirit/soul. The wings would mean that the key came from God/higher being. The hands means that we are human(mortals) and we must accept the key and open up a pathway for ourselves.

As said before this was a shirt for a club so as you can see its not really detailed and with only 2 colors to keep the cost down. Might detail it a bit in a resubmission after I figure out what exactly to do and from all your lovely comments.
Enjoy!

michikaiosei

The key is really beautiful, and I love the idea of the line hands.. but the fingers look.... weird. Like they're telling the key to live long and prosper instead of trying to grab it.

WEContact

I like it a lot. I think it should be a little smaller, and that the key and the wings should meet more fluidly. Also mich is right about the fingers, maybe get a little more space in there.

namE.

Reminds me of Harry Potter.

koager

I should've put this up as critique but didn't really know about it until a couple days ago when Threadless updated a tiny bit.
Oh well.
Thanks for all comments/suggestions!

KILLZ

it's not HARRY POTTER. it's Card Captor Sakura's wand!

No account?