Close
One second...

Monster under the bed

• by kalien
  • posted Sep 27, 2007
  • 180 Comments

I think i have more than 6 colors. I can change that. Does anyone like the concept?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
kalien

I think i have more than 6 colors. I can change that. Does anyone like the concept?

kalien

less pixalated i hope

hollyc2010

submit, except centered on the shirt, not at the bottom. adorable

AlfinCompton

wow that was fast! i really think this one has a shot at fame. i think it would work really well if you kept the background of the bedroom like you have on your website.

Check out this shirt for an example of how to fade it into the shirt too...people on this site really like it when you do a nice border effect.

http://www.threadless.com/product/960/Stupid_Cupid

also maybe shadows for the monster and kid. could use that dark blue color for it if it's on the blue shirt. that's all for now, good luck!

Tee-licious

i agree with AlfinCompton. as for the placement? i like where it is. i hate the green though, the blue is great!

kalien

Ok I will work on it some more. Thanks for the comments!

kalien

Alfin- I don't see a border on this one its just plain white.

kalien

added a border and shadows

kalien

kids shirt

Simpletinrobot
Simpletinrobot profile pic Alumni

I love it, but not on white

kalien

thanks Simpletinrobot. The white is just to show placement.

kalien

added a moon and stars

kalien

o.k., comments please.

kalien

anyone, anyone? c'mon I commented on yours

Simpletinrobot

Love the shirt color, the moon and stars are niece but I don't know if they are necassary. But all in all I'd say submit it.

kalien

yeah i was thinking they may be too much. Thanks simpletinrobot

parasitemite

put some craters in the moon the color of the monsters claws

kalien

hmm yeah i think the monster claws need to be blue. i have 6 colors :(

kalien

oh and i will be taking the moon out i think

kalien

please i need feed back. i know its more fun to get comments but this really needs to be a group effort folks. Comment please.

kalien

so i am just going to assume i should not bother with this one. thanks for all the comments. : (

AlfinCompton

yeah the folks in this forum seem pretty self-serving for the most part.

i'm working today so i won't be able to to post a lot, but here's what I think...

1. bigger shadow behind the monsters butt.
2. no yellow on the kids pajamas
3. the background looks strange...i think you may need to design a cleaner looking one instead of pulling it directly from your original piece.
4. I'd like to see the floor and walls of the bedroom just like in your original. maybe a window...don't have time to go look at the original now som i'm just going off of what i remember. actually i think the reason the background looks strange is because it's not on a wall...
5. i don't know why but the lines outlining the monster look kinda choppy in this version compared to the last few.
6. i like the spots on the monster except for the placement of the ones on his face, they distract me when looking at his facial expression so maybe play around with the placement of those.

Maybe even post the original on here to see what others think...you'll get all kinds of "too many colors" comments but i think it might be useful anyways

gotta go, will be back at lunch. good luck!

kalien

thanks. i will be putting it on the back burner for now. I need to do some digital collage

Courtneysita

Ya I agree that the pattern on the kid's pj's and on the bottom of the shirt are distracting. I do like that there is something happening around the bottom, just not that design.

superninjendo

Don't get why you added the orange floral-like border on the bottom.... without is way better.

LILMAUI

NO NO FLOWERS!! AND PLACE IT ON THE CHEST !

Atticus05

Hmmm...

I like the idea, but to me the way the child is sleeping against the monster looks not natural. I think it'd improve tue design a lot if he was leaning back against the monsterwith his feet stcking out.

To give the kid a sense of weight, you could make the monster furry, and make it apear as though the kid was sinking into the fur.

I'm not sure if the pillow in the kids hand is working, it looks more like an eraser? Of course if you went the furry monster route you might not need a pillow at all.

Atticus05

Oh yeah..

After staring at it a little longer, the shadows are cool, but they need to follow the coutours of the moster and the kid. That will ad a sense of depth to the picture

kalien

last one i think. i am a lot happier with this. What do you guys think?

Hero Status

design is cool, i prefer the bottom placement. how about putting them center, higher, and the moon on the back or sleeve?
m

kalien

does anyone else think the monster needs fur?

AlfinCompton

i like him the way he is. the moon/stars in this one are great and i like the tail shadow too. definitely the dark shirt...it looks great on that color!

maybe play with the stars, right now the three lines of stars looks a little strange even though i do like them.

gotta run again, good luck.

kalien

mnaybe something should be sprinkling the stars

Simpletinrobot

I like this moon alot, but liked this on the darker blue shirt, I think the stars being sprinkled over the top are a little distracting for me personally, but I'd still probably buy this for my wife or if I had a kid the way it is too.

Simpletinrobot

oh and keep in mind that critique comments on here often take a few whole days to get a range of opinion because of scheduals etc. so if someone doesn't comment for a few hours, it's not all that bad

kalien

i lightened the blue so people could see the shadows better.

kalien

The most comments I have gotten was probably 10 in a 3 day period.

kalien

i just figured people here did not like the design.

kalien

also they seem to have enough time to post work and comment on the comments I have left them.

kalien

sorry for all these versions. Its just how I work.

lajlaj

cute. the stars look copy and pasted. and i don't think you need the shadowson the ground, they look blurry anyway.

kalien

o.k.i will work on the stars. Maybe get rid of the shadow

tronman

change location to bottem

kalien

yeah? I had it there. Bottom center?

AlfinCompton

agree about the stars and the bottom placement. and i like seeing all these versions it's great.

i think once you get the stars worked out it's going to be really good. i think you should just stick em all over the place, the more the better although i think the spacing in between the individual stars should be about the same as it is now. i'm not liking the moon on the sleeve, i thought it lo0oked great where it was on the last version.

i like the idea of having something/someone sprinkling the stars, but it's definitely not necessary. some people would probably consider it to be too much since the concept is already conveyed as it is...personally i love little extra's llike that though so it's your call.

until version 8...

kalien

better star placement and moon on front

lajlaj

yeah looks good, don't know about having stars on the ground and monster though. are they supposed to be in the sky or something?

AlfinCompton

i like this placement a lot.

still think the stars could use some work and after looking at the shadows some more i actually agree with lajlaj that the monster/kid don't need them...especially if you use the denim colored shirt which i hope you do because it makes the stars pop and it looks great. it's soooo close to greatness i can feel it.

going to vegas in an hour so i won't be able to check up on this for a couple days... i hope you keep this going and if you submit lemme know when it comes up for voting so i can high five you. good luck!

nikolina100

hey Kalien....this is a really cute idea :) My 7 year old likes it too!
I like this version, the top left shirt, except make the stars more scattered instead of "lines of stars" - great job!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us