Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
WhitneyBeth
WhitneyBeth profile pic Alumni

ummm.... filled with stereotypes....

jstruan

Smaller, on a different background maybe?

pwoink

Definitely needs to be smaller.

PATRICKwMORGAN

Way to much narrow generalizations for me.

dancerchica0404

needs to be smaller...and placed down to the left...other than that it is cute.

whatarebirds

This is so offensive that a score of 0 isn't low enough for me.

freshview

yup, 0 for me too. Gender roles disgust me.

Apeymonster

i love it i would buy it.

iamdom

yea i totally agree to most of the people who's responded so far: i'm not a fan of generalizations and stereotypes and gender roles AT ALL rly.. no offence to shirt designer or work :)
8)

iDanSimpson

if there's a message here (which i hope there is, because enforcing social stereotypes for the sake of making a buck is lame), it's not very clear.

sillybanana

gossip? I never gossip sheesh!

Moonshain

My impression was that the idea was to question stereotypes, not reinforce them...?
Perhaps I was reading too much into it.

footen

offensive and tacky

LeRoi

Smaller, I think. Much smaller.
And it reminds me of Perpetuate the Stereotype.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I can't wait for the black guy made out of the words "fried chicken" and "basketball."

kasmir

this isnt even clever or funny, even if it was the sizing is way to big.

AND I CANNOT BELIEVE U PUT THE WORD "INTELLIGENCE" ONLY ON THE MENS SIDE
as if only men are intelligent and women arent

Leslee

Diet, shopping, love, emotions, baby, envy, diamonds, PINK? CANDIES?!?! BUTTERFLIES?!?! vomit

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Hey...good point. They left "vomit" off the girl one.

She's going to get fat now.

PrettyFly4aDPhi

it'd be kinda funny... if you switched the stereotypes; then it'd be a statement. the type is done well, you obvi. have talent, but i think you can direct it differently.

rossisdead

I hope all of you that are "offended" by this are just offended by the use of horribly played out sitcom stereotypes

kristinnamin

ewww, dichotomy of gender...boo...

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

LOL!
I love that "logic" is in the male side

jklarson66
  1. This is disgusting. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only you.
PikaBun

Swap the words to the other gender and tweak them some more. Please make the general public think at least ~_~

SunShine12

i like the shirt. It caught my eye

odesi09

kind of offensive

vinnylo

to many gender benders in this page. sorry bro

beckapants

horrible stereotypes... but cute idea.

Rebe-chan

Maybe this could be more interesting if men-stereotypes were in the woman's silouhette, and woman stereotypes in the man's silohuette... ?
Otherwise... uh. Nah, sorry. Stereotypes makes me feel disgusted, I just hate them.

hey_mippy

The general idea is a nice one, but it's SO stereotypical that it just isn't funny.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

According to your stereotypes, I am really a dude.

Montro
Montro profile pic Alumni

Hey at least he didn't write "can't drive for shit" on the female side and "fear of commitment" on the male side.

pointyfacedsideshowfreak

All this time I thought I was a girl, but now thanks to your design I realize I'm really a boy in a girl's body. Thank you for clarifying my sexuality.

srnjp99

Woah O.O I go to the gym, I love sex and football too D: AND I hate handbags. Does that make me a guy? :(

courtney pie

lol @ pointy... and ditto.

WhitneyBeth
WhitneyBeth profile pic Alumni

yeah... according to you i'm a dude too.

neon electric

You put intelligence on the man but not the woman. psh stereotypes.

goodbyekids

Jeeze people get over it. Its just a design. Who cares what it says.

ottr

It seems that the man stuff fits me better, and every day when I get up I check that I'm still female. You logic, it is flawed.

birdyturd

i find these stereotypes offensive, yes, i'm assuming it was the point, to show that there are still gender roles today.
$5

MrDomino
MrDomino profile pic Alumni

Intentional commentary on gender conditioning or not, this idea has been done on this site and better. I feel the execution is rather lazy and relies more on the shock value to sell the idea. It would have been more appropriate to build the silhouettes entirely out of labels rather than just doing a few and using a clipping mask.

J-Ray

Mr Domino you put too much thought into scoring :)

Meagen

it seems that everyone was too busy protesting and bickering to notice that "chihuahua" is on the female. which is funny and should be noticed.

mattieett

i ditto all the negative comments

clearcut

it should be better, to me, one Tee for girls and one Tee for boys. Both on the same t-shirt...dont know about the placement, it's just too big. anyway, i gave u a 5 ^_^

TheBlackBastard

these stereotypes speak the truth but I don't like the design. 2

escapism

I think I just hit my head on the glass ceiling this shirt just lowered.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us