Close
One second...

Lost Youth and Humiliation!

• by aled
  • posted Sep 18, 2007
  • 33 Comments

This design went through a number of different stages before I settled on this final layout. For a long time, it was just going to be a Little Tykes car with a very sensible looking businessman in it. The premise for this one was about not wanting to grow up – a sentiment that is universally shared. When I thought to add the firemen and the ‘jaws of life’ it added some depth to the concept and made it not only about escapism, and nostalgia, but also about humiliation. And everyone loves a bit of humiliation. Also – it got printed on a hoody! That made me so happy.

Watch this
Thy Punisher

I applaud Jim Halpert's effort for trying to ride in that small car...so small

jthrn

please make more of these!!

a for incredible

i crack up every time i see this design. i guess it's cathartic for me. i remember being able to fit in those cars, and then one day i tried and i nearly got stuck.

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

ok, this time I can get it before it sells out!

probemunky

if this is sold out by friday im gonna be mega pissed off.
this is my favorite t shirt i have ever seen.
i've waited SO long for this to be reprinted.

graysonking

gotta say, i think i'd have liked it better without the firemen. very fun concept though. might just have to buy one. :)

Ace Fool

When I first got stuck in mine, it flipped onto its back. I then just pretended it was a space ship and that I was flying upwards.

LuckyBlackCatXIII

gah! Sorry! I wrote it looked amazing but it only left that weird smiley thing...sorry! DX

killerstrations

I agree about not having the firemen, but that's just a personal preference, it's still so relative to life!

rufous

Weird coincidence, I was at a talk about entrepreneurship given by the guy who brought Little Tykes toys to Europe yesterday. He was still so proud of that little car. :)

Jmfva

haha so amazing

aReYouDaft

ha hahahahahahah this design make me laugh so much. awesome man.

Envysion

This one really makes me laugh! I love it.

mesockisgone21

that person looks like me.... i have the same tie i wear at work...

kdub573

I love it. I cracked up b/c I'm a fireman and we actually had something like this once. We had to extricate some old guy from one of those plastic playsets. I wore this shirt to the fire station and everyone got a kick out of it.

kellys65

I just bought this shirt... though I didn't get the 'jaws of life' concept at first, I still love it. I loved that car when I was little. :)

RobotsRule15

I really want this to reprint!!1!

danicakes

I REALLY WANT THIS SHIRT.
...BUT THEY ARE ALL GONE :/

shars

i'm a fire fighter i know at least 15 people that want this teeshirt please make more

mrpeeps

Please reprint! I would totally buy one.

BlackDarkness

This shirt made me LMAO! Plz get it reprinted people VOTE!!!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Yeah - what's up with that?

LyndaMH

I totally will buy this when it gets reprinted. It is the best thing I have ever seen! Love it to pieces! VOTE!!!!!!!!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Thanks! This is one of my favourite designs what I done.

simwells

We need another reprint of this!

Firestorm0901

About to Take a Rescue Tech Class, would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this shirt, me and at least a dozen other guys at our station.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I think this would make an awesome reprint! I get all sorts of people asking about this but it's buried in the Threadless archives :P

Firestorm0901

Then had better get a shovel and start digging!

No account?
Join Us