Close
One second...

no

• by isolation
  • posted Sep 10, 2007
  • 22 Comments

Don't make Joy Division emo. This makes me angry.

Watch this
lenabean

the only person who made it 'emo' is you

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

it's only emo if some clueless brat is wearing it, and they're too easy to ignore for them to soil it.

badmuffin

I doubt this has anything to do with the song "love will tear us apart".

Aristarchus
Aristarchus profile pic Alumni

One of the most amusing shop-made shirts I saw was a guy in Bang On with a shirt that read "COURTNEY LOVE WILL TEAR US APART."

neon electric

I think it is related to the Joy Division song badmuffin. It's in a similiar style to the album cover.

I love the song and band but i'm unsure about this shirt.

steviec

What are you talking about? Joy Division were RIPE for an emo conversion.

squatterjohn

Yeah. Didn't that band Thursday release a song called Ian Curtis? They're the emo-est band I've ever seen.

Lobstar72

Badmuffin, are you serious? It's a shirt mimicking Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures album cover that references the Joy division song "Love Will Tear Us Apart." How much clearer could it be that it has something to do with Joy Division' "Love Will Tear Us Apart"?

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

i think they were being sarcastic

nakedzombieforce

I log on after months of absence and this is one of the first designs I see. Yuck.

Urban Outfitters printed a shirt a long while back with the same cruddy Joy Division-cheapening idea, if any of you recall. This reminds me somewhat of junior high "punk" kid fashion, i.e. Ramones shirts and leather vests with duct-taped spikes, but also of prepubescent brats who have one Joy Division song on their iPods.

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

it made me pretty angry to see it referred to as emo as well. no loss though, still a cool design.

wish it said "us" though

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

anyway, they also have so many other better songs than "love will tear us apart" in fact, I have that track uncheck on my playlist, it's been done to death by commercial mass media.

joy division = one of the best bands of the 20 century, right next to the beatles

emo = the lamest prepubescent phase and musical trite known to humanity. an extention of the goth scene but for whiney bitches who text message way too much and recently grew out of Avril Lavigne's hardcore viceral interpretations on life

danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni

Yeah, 'love tears us apart' is so much stronger a verse, why change it? This is now sad self-centric (lame, contemporary emo-music) instead of being about the universal problems of any human relationship.

Damn I'm old.

suregena

This irritates me immensely.

But what irritates me more? This design, or the fact it was even printed?

I'm sure it will match everyone's studded "Love Will Tear Us Apart" belts I've seen around, as well.

Sheesh.

danielson

I'm confused...who made Joy Division emo?

What's everyone's problem with the shirt?

jonny wins

Why on earth would you get this shirt instead of one with the original, classic design?

Mr. Elephant

okay. it's definitely unoriginal. but why the hell was it printed as "...me apart"
it goes us....
stupid.
threadless shouldn't print shirts that are so obviously knock offs.
or any band shirts.
isn't that kind of against the rules?

scriptandseal

booo hisss at the last 4 people who posted (minus danielson)
how ridiculous.

cholera

I AM VERY ANGRY ABOUT A TSHIRT DESIGN

LISTEN TO MY OPINIONS PLEASE

No account?
Join Us