The Instant Outlaw

This is a design that I have been working on for a while now. I feel as if it's almost ready to be submitted, but I want to hear others opinions. After working on this for sometime, I checked to see if it has been done before. I found that there have been two belt submissions before, but none with pistols. If this were to be printed I would like for it to stretch all the way around the shirt, and to have more sets of bullets on the back. Also what do you think about the stitching on the holster, does it need to be there, or is it too much? Please comment, Thanks!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
empiricist
empiricist profile pic Alumni

This is a design that I have been working on for a while now. I feel as if it's almost ready to be submitted, but I want to hear others opinions. After working on this for sometime, I checked to see if it has been done before. I found that there have been two belt submissions before, but none with pistols. If this were to be printed I would like for it to stretch all the way around the shirt, and to have more sets of bullets on the back. Also what do you think about the stitching on the holster, does it need to be there, or is it too much? Please comment, Thanks!

Fantasma ctm

It's good but it would be better if you could see the full gun

empiricist

Yeah, I would totally love to do the whole gun! But if I did, the top of the pistols handle would be up to your armpit

buttrfly472

i like it a lot, and the holster is perfect, i love that the belt would go all the way around!

Voice of God666

this is cool! i think that the colors are really complementing and outstanding and very western!

markay...

I would suggest changing the t-shirt colors. I too like the colors and details of the belt, gun, and belt buckle. It's too bad you couldn't fit the entire holster on the shirt design. But with that said...I see what you mean about having to push the entire belt too far up and making it an unatural placement.

Audiovore

New shirt color is a must, perhaps a khaki or red? And how many colors are used right now? Cause the guns should be gray/silver... I also think you should put the whole gun on, I am wearing a L I heart threadless right now and have nearly 9" from the bottom of the shirt to bottom of my belt. Without the whole gun I doubt it will do that well...

empiricist

When I get a chance I will reposition the guns a bit higher, to show the whole gun. Also I will post some more color options, any suggestion?

wicked-studios

I do really love the concept. And I can't wait to see how it looks when you make those changes. =)

empiricist

Just added the rest of the holster and tried a grey and khaki color variation. Do you like the changes?

GodsMom

The grey definitely makes the guns look more realistic, which I like. Hurry up and submit this, it would be badass to wear!

markay...

I like the color changes, and the adding of the whole holster. I think it's ready for submitting!!

Audiovore

Looks great. Gray FTW.

ascorbique

Isn't it going to be too high on the shirt?

empiricist

Yeah, I think it might be a little too high right now, but I'm going to shorten the holsters barrel a bit. How tall do you think the guns should be from base to top? I'm thinking at least 9 or 10 inches. If this is too high I can always revert to the first version, but I don’t think people seemed to like that one very much? Your comments are much appreciated!

pendulum_and_fire

Wow, this is a really simple yet awesome design! $5 from me when you submit.

empiricist

This is an attempt at a layout, any suggestions?

empiricist

If it needs work, please respond why!

Audiovore

I think it looks good. I definitely prefer the grey version though, cause then the metal looks like metal... Things this color put a purchase up in the air, no matter how cool it is.

Audiovore

Oh wait!, ow wait me... outlaw... Well I was thinkin a badge would be kinda cool, but then it would be an outlaw really...
How about Instant Ranger/Sheriff/Deputy?

empiricist

The grey does look much better! I should have gone with it in the first place. Thanks for the comments Audiovore.

classicoke
classicoke profile pic Alumni

the buckle needs to be bigger and have more detail, i think. addin a sheriffs/marshall badge would be incredibly lame. how about a handkerchief hangin around the neck instead? mayhap it would add stability to the design

Audiovore

Ooo, a handkerchief sounds interesting, perhaps some sort of letter vest with the brown? It would be awesome to have two versions, and outlaw and sheriff, cause then you could have some classy showdowns.

empiricist

I have contemplated about adding a badge and bandana, but I don't think either of them should be on the shirt. The badge is just too law abiding, and the bandana wouldn't seem right not crossing the seem of the collar. I think the best solution would be to accompany the shirt with a plastic badge, or a real bandana.

MikeBomb

I really like this design. It makes me want to go out and play cowboys and indians. Can't wait to see this submited!

Audiovore

How about a vest though?

empiricist

I don't know about a vest, I think it might be too much for the shirt. I also think it would make the shirt more complex to print. Thanks for your suggestions though!

empiricist

This shirt has seemed to be missing something for the upper half of the shirt. My Ma suggested a cowboy in a quick draw pose, and I thought it seemed like a good idea! So I came up with this, any comments?

stralaglansa

. ......maybe a sheriff star ....badge thingie?

i dont know just an idea

stralaglansa

but then it wouldnt be outlaw?

maybe a scarf thing ..like howdy dowdy-like scarf at the neckline

make everything glow n dark just..... to make different? so you can be outlaw at night too

shewhositsandstares

I want this shirt!! it will look great with my bandana around my neck :)

markay...

I like The new image of the cowboy/placement on the shirt. It's clever because it takes the place of the badge, but still allows it to be an outlaw!

MikeBomb

I Like this design, it takes me back to watching The Indian in the Cupboard. I would love to wear this shirt because I have nothing like it, and it makes me an instant outlaw in a matter of seconds!

Audiovore

Eek, no no. Badge placement only ever works for badges... Anything else just looks retarded.

classicoke
classicoke profile pic Alumni

ok.. ok.. im not likin the cowboy in his quick draw pose. it adds to the design. but also breaks the illusion. if you must, make the cowboy look more instyle with the ralph lauren and marlboro classic embroideries. im still convinced that an unbuttoned shirt with or without a scarf would kick even more ass as that would expand the theme without being a bad or good guy tee.

stralaglansa

i agree ^^^^ with above

the cowboy cheap-ins the whole design bigtime

this shirt needs some ...funk or edge to it

empiricist

Thanks I'm glad to get some feedback. I as well am not satisfied with the upper part of the shirt yet. I have another idea, I will post it as soon as it's done! Don't be shy to keep commenting though :)

Spam69

Agree with classicoke.

empiricist

This is the idea I came up with, I definitly think it makes it more western! What do you guys and gals think?

Audiovore

Now thats intriguing. Could we get a better view of it on the tee?

Spam69

Yep, much better

Keter

Maybe some detail (plaid? gingham? calico?) on the shirt collar detail to match the level of complexity of the gunbelt. Not sure how well the wrap around print will work, but it's a cool idea. Maybe do one with a sheriff's star, too?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us