Close
One second...

Read any good books lately?

Seriously!

I need a good book to read.. recommend me something, plz. :)

Watch this
Lucretia Mott

Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth.

Noodlegirl

what are books?

margolove

I just re-read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

That was pretty damn good, and it only took about an hour and a half! Hooray!

Fermata

I read The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde last weekend. Loved it.

margolove

ahhhh I LOVE The Picture of Dorian Gray

Maltzmania

The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien

broooke

Oh me too, that's a great one!

KickO

Choke By Chuck Palahniuk

:]

broooke

I just read Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich.. I usually like her, but that one sucked. :*(

Noodlegirl

Do the backs of cereal boxes count?

Aristarchus

The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana, by Umberto Eco

Maltzmania

Timequake by the late Kurt Vonnegut R.I.P. :(

Fermata

I also just finished Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. It's about split second decision making. Really interesting.

tracerbullet

I'm in the middle of Through the Looking-Glass.

I don't recommend it. Or Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for that matter. Alice is such a fucking bitch. Every time she talks I want to rip her throat out and punch her in the face. She interrupts everyone when they're speaking and then proceeds to tell them that THEY'RE rude.

FUCK YOU, ALICE. LEARN SOME MANNERS.

Chipmnk

Wow, I reread The Picture of Dorian Grey a couple weeks ago too.

The Sword in the Stone is a good read too.

Maltzmania

end blog.

Blink winsz

gotMOXY

If you've never read it, The Virgin Suicides is one of my all-time favorite books.
Also, even though it was one of those books recommended for school, 1984 is also great.

broooke

No don't end it! LOL
I'm making a list... I can finish one in a day. I need to keep busy at work so I need as many as I can get! Yay for going to Barnes & Noble after work. Am I the only one who gets excited over that?

Maltzmania

i get really excited to go to the book/comic store...like irrationally excited. i love it.

Noodlegirl

Brian I hope you're kidding.

I can't be friends with you now.

The Alice series are my favorite books of all time.

tracerbullet

Sorry, Steph, I'm not kidding in the least. The only reason I'm continuing through the second story is because I don't like leaving books unfinished. I'm hoping I'll like it better than the first. I really really disliked the first one. Alice is one of the most annoying characters I've ever read.

Aristarchus

One of my Writing 12 students last year, for no apparent reason, just blurted out one day in class, "Oh my god! Alice is such a bitch!"

So she'd know where you're coming from, Tracer.

Noodlegirl

:( You make me sad.

oh well. She is kind of annoying, but I love love her.

Fermata

:3

Rambunkcious

water for elephants was the best book i read all year

juliejeremiah

I highly recommend Peter Pan...everyone knows the story but if you haven't read it, I think you'll be very surprised by just how fucking good it actually is.

I also just re-read The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4, which is a delightful and easy read.

Pipi91482

Two I've read recently and totally loved are The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly and The Thirtenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. I too get so excited to be in a book store or library! I could spend hours browsing. :)

tobasco

^Adrian Mole ftw. Man it's been AGES since I've thought about him! Good on you!

Right now I'm not reading anything but I finished Kurt Voengut's Slaughter House Five the other day (again) and I think everyone needs to read that book.

siezexthisday

i just read fight club by palahnuik, basically read anything by him! i also read haunted like a week ago. and i read lolita this summer toom, wwhich was good

Fermata

Fight Club is fantastic. I know how to make napalm now. XD

vintagesoul21

If you get the chance, read Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. It's a nostalgic book with insightful messages about life. It's such an easy read, I do it every summer because it helpsm me notice the good things in life.

Mike4507

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

lajlaj

right now i'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but before HP1,2,3 and 4, I read Angels and Demons. Very similar to Da Vinci code, so read it if you liked that.

d3d

Picture of Dorian Gray is awesome.
i've been reading Thomas Harris' hannibal lecter stories lately and they're pretty good. i'm on Hannibal Rising at the moment.

J-Ray

The Satanic Christmas Carols

wullagaru

some of my faves

american gods - neil gaiman
watership down - richard adams
to reign in hell - steven brust
little big - john crowley
fierce invalids home from warm climates - tom robbins
the fuck up - arthur nersisian
sex drugs and coco puffs - chuck klosterman

blonde8007

History of Love by Nicole Kraus or something.

No account?