Close
One second...

global warming is a hoax

• by jsitzer9
  • posted Sep 02, 2007
  • 30 Comments

The idea that in the 21st century there are still some people who could still believe anything with so much scientific evidence to the contrary baffles me.

I've been intrigued by antartica for quite sometime now and I thought I'd make something incorporating it. I hope you like it.

Watch this
jsitzer9

The idea that in the 21st century there are still some people who could still believe anything with so much scientific evidence to the contrary baffles me.
I've been intrigued by antartica for quite sometime now and I thought I'd make something incorporating it. I hope you like it.

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

Wait so are you saying you do or do NOT believe in global warming?

Simon Cowell

This is maybe the ugliest design I've ever seen. Full of cliche imagery and ideas. Only problem is, the idea you're trying to convey doesn't even come across because you look at it and it just looks like someone vomited on their shirt.

Goggalor

Wow, I definitely didn't recognize that as Antarctica... maybe that's just me.

peteritch

I don't think this is cliche because i've never seen some one use the outline of antarctica. But SIMON probably did't realize that's what it was. I like it, though, because of that. you didn't choose an outline of the US with Green smog over it. you chose something that people wouldn't automatically recognize. Subtlety can be more effective than an "on the nose" statement. and it does look a little like vomit but once you realize its antarctica it supports your point. nice job.

diulf_teloiv_a

never would have thought it was a continent without the comments. it could really be improved. the title contradicting what you were saying really bothered me as well. i'm glad it doesn't say that on the shirt.

scs3000

Global warming is the new religion. Coupled with inexplicable acceptance of exteme Political Correctness, we're in for a miserable future.

ilikeice

It would be more recognizable if the shape weren't skewed and drippy. Also, please try to keep your political views to yourself. We don't care.

T tees

okay so theres a red and orange crumpled up piece of paper, that definately makes me think of global warming

T tees

and by the way it is real

scs3000

"Global warming" is a vehicle liberals use to control what we eat, what we buy, how we live.

scs3000

"Global warming" is heavily preached to school children, meanwhile their skill levels in reading, writing, arithmetic, grammar, geography are laughable.

escapism

It looks like a flaming loogie.

fathomit

Crapity crap crap

broncsbomber

Ever seen the movie "An Inconvenient Truth"?
Or better yet, read it?

GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL AND A PROBLEM!

scs3000

The "movie" and "book" are both a bunch of b.s.

T tees

shut up you skeptic dousche, accept it and we can solve the problem, its cause of people with your attitude that nothing ever get fixed in this country, you think nothing the government says is true

T tees

sc53000, i like some of your designs their preety cool

scs3000

Man, you're only 17....give it a few years, or a decade, and you'll understand.

T tees

YEA DUDE STICK IT TO THE MAN!!!

jsitzer9

HINT: THE TITLE IS SARCASTIC!
Please see my comment about how ridiculously ignorant you'd have to be to believe that Global Warming isn't true. Antartica is melting people. Wake up.
Okay, so thanks for all of the feedback on how the image itself doesn't convey the main idea. I'll have to rework it some to make it more evident that Antartica is on fire and melting. I fear that perhaps the fact that 1 in 5 Americans can't find the US on a map might be a factor. I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq everywhere like (such as). And I believe that they should our education over HERE in the US should help the US or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for.
So maybe I need to change it to a map of south africa or the iraq.

jsitzer9

Oh, and fathomit and escapism: Thanks for your insightful and poignant commentary. I will certainly take your ideas into consideration.

anderson3510

bloody snot rocket.

i shot one out the other day running.

ivywillow

I like the parts about it being Antarctica & the melting, but the flaming effect isn't quite working for me. Looking forward to the rework.

nelloforesto

i agree. the problem is the flaming mess. REPRESENT IT AS AN ICECREAM AND PROBABLY GIRLS GO MAD.

Fluos

This isn't aimmed at jsitzer9 as he said him self the tshirt was sarcastic. But the people commenting on global warming as a new religion (lol, I'm sorry facts don't make a religion) along with alot of the people who the past decade saying "global warming isn't real", most are now saying "it's not man made" (most are quite right wing or douche bags). It's like me going "I didn't sleep with her, anyway she went onto me"
If you want to see if global warming is real, move to Europe.

bonedaddy

So, if the Vikings were able to raise crops and live in a now ice covered part of the world - did global warming happen 1000 years ago too to allow them to do that?
If the warmest summer on record was back in the 1930s, does that mean we've been globally warming since then? Does that mean the 'next ice age' scare of the 40s and 50s was a hoax?
How about the creation of hurricanes? More means there have been more cold air masses that disturbed the warm water currents (which constantly change location). It is usually taught as being caused by warm air or hot temperatures.
The stunner would be the fact that humans as a whole couldn't change the CO2 levels in our atmosphere if everyone drove jet-engine powered SUVs. Man made would be hard pressed to go past 4% of the total CO2 produced. Again, livestock and termites create a fews times more CO2 than humans.
We get preached to by people who hire out private jets, didn't make it past 10th grade, and live in 10,000 sq. ft. mansions all the while saying 'I'm just like you.'
Neither side is right.
We should work on alternatives to energy and conservation.
We should also view it as climate changes vs. 'global warming'. This seems more feasible. For every high temp you show in a city/area you can find a low temp in another.
Just an observation.

No account?
Join Us