I do like this one better.

sometimessane

i prefer the colours in this version. 4

pincushion

i like this alot

but why is she laughing?
and her mouth is a bit odd looking.

ilikeice

This sort of stereotypes women being afraid of mice. I have killed more mice for my family than my father. Stereotypes SUCK.

ehrady

at first, i thought his butt was saying "im here!", which would certainly put a twist on this design... anyways, i think some of text choices are weird, such as "HAAA!" and "Eat!", but otherwise i really like the idea and art of this design, well done.

Talking To The Ground

well now that i look at it a little more, there are a few things... like the "eat" word bubble... what's it there for? and her mouth is a little weird... other then that $5

Talking To The Ground

well now that i look at it a little more, there are a few things... like the "eat" word bubble... what's it there for? and her mouth is a little weird... other then that $5

epika pubika

i thought his butt was talking too

pawn18

its not supposed to be stereotypical against women, i think
i see it as an appreciation for the men in our lives
i like the idea but not the kind of style i would wear, 3

roadkill3d
roadkill3d profile pic Alumni

awesomeness. good job

novel escapist

that creature looks strikingly similar to a creature in a flash video on newgrounds. -__-; meh.

Batty1980

I prefer the colour of this version but I'm not a fan of the speech bubbles

probemunky

i prefer the original. this is too busy. really...why didn't the original win? what the hell is wrong with you people.

ehrady

even without the text bubbles, i think the colour change and extra details in this one really set it apart in terms of quality from the last design

Fermata

Aww. Cute.

littlelovesong

Cute Idea. However, I'm not too keen on the sexist stereotype you've got going on with the woman being ridiculously afraid of this mouse and needing this guy to deal with it. I'm not saying I like rodents, but I and most of the females I know wouldn't make such a fuss.

kidderliverpool

Yeah, think it would be funnier if the man was on the chair...
who's bothered about mice anwayz?

Syrasha

I think it's good, but all the text bubbles are unnecessary. She's saying "HAA" which I'm assuming must be a translation problem, and I think if the 'imaginary' bits (Cape, mask, dress, monster) were a little lighter in color, it might be more clear that they're supposed to be imaginary.

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

I like how he's imagining the chick in a red dress, that's funny. Just because someone depicts stereotypes doesn't mean they buy into them. It's called a joke. I see this as the guy's silly imagination at work here.

CaptainPOP

haha i love this!

emyo135

A little busy, but funny.

Autumn Attic

comics are REALLY stereotypical in terms of gender roles. I'm a girl, I read superhero comics. I enjoy them. And I have pet rats. WHO CARES. It's a cute design. 5

Sari.

I agree, I like the original better... I think it was more obvious that the parts in rust colour (on this design) were sort of the "alter egos" of the characters here. On the original, they looked sort of dreamy and just within reach of the imagination -- here they look like it's a physical thing. So I didn't really get the monster above the mouse.

In the original I saw that thought... how the regular guy is a superhero to the damsel in distress (and really, it could be a damsel or a gentleman ;) ...who's frightened by the monster in her estimation

pity the original didn't win

bballstar23

Yeah I think it should be "AHHH" instead of "HAAA"

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I like this a lot. I don't understand most people's complaints....so, if the dude was on the chair and the girl was coming to rescue, then it would be ok? I don't see it as being sexist at all...just a parody of the old-school style of superheroism which was big muscle-bound dude saving damsel in distress. The guy is remembering those old comics and feeling like one of them by re-discovering his youth. Am i at all right in the feeling you were going for, Patrick?

I like this one better than the original, ecxept ditch the extra "eat" bubble and the women's "HAAAA!" bubble as well. And then print, sell and clothe me with it. Fun stuff! 4$

Krakaboom
Krakaboom profile pic Alumni

I like the illustration a lot and can definitely see myself wearing it, but the speech bubbles really aren't doing it for me.

Ewidge

It should be more clear what's real and what's his fantasy. It was good how you used red for the cape, the monster, the mask, but that means blue is real. If blue is real, the mouse is roaring, "EAT!", there's fire in the area where the monster's horns would be, and the dude actually has a superhero emblem on his shirt. Those should all be in his fantasy and, thus, in red.

This is a great idea, but you need to be more mindful of the line between reality and fantasy. it is the point of the image, after all.

Ewidge

It should be more clear what's real and what's his fantasy. It was good how you used red for the cape, the monster, the mask, but that means blue is real. If blue is real, the mouse is roaring, "EAT!", there's fire in the area where the monster's horns would be, and the dude actually has a superhero emblem on his shirt. Those should all be in his fantasy and, thus, in red.

This is a great idea, but you need to be more mindful of the line between reality and fantasy. it is the point of the image, after all.

catalina_s

i thought the other one was much more clear about what was imaginary...

SincereTease

lose the voice bubbles.

harvardjanitor7

after i understood it, this picture rocks

dravolo

are you the hero?

foureyedcrab

Why is his cape transparent?

megamiasuka

I also think it's a bit ridiculous, in terms of gender roles. Just because her reaction is SO extreme that I feel it's a less believabe. I mean, I like the concept of "everyday heroes" and whatnot, but at the same time it is kind of a ridiculous reaction. Overly so.

No account?