Close
One second...

Chicago Store Sneak Peek #5: New Tee Fridays!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Aug 27, 2007
  • 232 Comments

One of the main goals we had in creating Threadless stores was to be able to have real, live, tangible events around the launching of new tees every week. We release 8 or 9 new and reprinted designs every single week which is quite unique in the apparel industry. Right now the launching of the tees takes place online every Monday.

We've printed nearly 1,000 designs since the beginning of Threadless in November of 2000. About 300 or so of those are in stock right now. It would be very difficult for us to have all of those designs in the store. We decided to focus the store on just the newest 2 weeks worth of designs plus a few exclusives, starting with the Glennz/Arzie13 tee. There will only be 20 designs for sale in the store at any given moment. Each of the 20 designs gets its own special area complete with an LCD display cycling through various photos and close-ups of the design, comments from the original submission and other rad stuff. The designs for sale will change weekly, as will the store window.

The kicker is that - at the store - we will be launching the new tees the Friday before they get released on the website. While you won't have access to our entire catalog from the store, you will have a head-start on what comes out on the website.

Keep in mind that the store will only be receiving a small portion of what we actually create, so there is no way that a design would sell out in the store and not make it to the website. The website will always have inventory on Mondays whether things sell out over the weekend in the store or not. Also, WE DO PLAN ON OPENING STORES IN OTHER CITIES. I know with all of this awesomeness happening in Chicago a lot of you are probably feeling left out. Well, if Chicago does well, we'll work our little hineys off to get more stores opened around the world as quickly as we can ;) But sorry 'A Markets,' we think Threadless stores make more sense in smaller, artsy communities like San Francisco, Austin, Seattle, Boulder, Columbus, Boston, Minneapolis, or Savannah...

BTW, we're totally fine with our Chicago customers leaking the designs with photos taken in the store and such. We hope it'll be a fun set of conversations in the blogs over the weekend before the designs come out online.

Check out the previous posts about the store:
- Announcing the Chicago Threadless Store Grand Opening and Grand Opening Party!!
- Chicago Store Sneak Peek #4: Arzie13 and Glennz Store Launch Tee!
- Chicago Store Sneak Peek #3: Learn Something Upstairs in the Gallery
- Chicago Store Sneak Peek #2: Reusable Bag-Coupons!
- Chicago Store Sneak Peek #1: Weekly Mashup Store Window Paintings!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

And yes, the display graphic on the right is foreshadowing

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

wow!!

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

sounds cool

stevetrpi

That's pretty awesome.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

the special area displays sounds pretty awesome

zempt

It just keeps getting better

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

sale ? ? ?

DarthG

nothing says "artsy" like Gary, Indiana......

chelly

yay for ppl who have money and can afford the sale!

booooo to none of the cities being in kansas.

There will only be 20 designs for sale in the store at any given moment. Each of the 20 designs gets its own special area complete with an LCD display cycling through various photos and close-ups of the design, comments from the original submission and other rad stuff.

what does that mean? the LCD display bit.

kihou

Nothing is more artsy than Madison WI, but it is pretty close comparatively. Keep up the great work!

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

haha yessss 'artsy' boston! sweet.

there's a nice spot on newbury street just calling your name, or Quincy Market....!

renfrue
renfrue profile pic Alumni

ventura?
Santa Barbara?

helladelightful

yes, well, fuck yeah boston, hooray. ps. i will work for tee's if you open one in boston

stickymike
stickymike profile pic Alumni

AHEM..MADISON!?

State St. Open one!

FireOfHeaven

foreshadowing ten dollar sale... this week? or the week the store opens? hmmmm...

i like the idea of comments from the site being featured, that is nifty.

wolnutz

No New York? Maybe Manhattan is too wildy and crazy, but certainly Brooklyn has the motif you're looking for.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

that list of cities are just examples........

SweetCera

out a store in connecticut!! somewhere! i don't care where because i'll drive to it where ever!! or rhode island!!

Maltzmania

there should be a store on the moon

chelly

i guess i'm confused why there would be an lcd display of the design in the store if you can already see it in person.

still, fabulous news all the way around!

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

yeah I was goign to say that if you were to put a store in brooklyn it would work with that vibe liek in williamsburg or greenpoint (neighborhoods)

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Sounds awesome! Nice work guys.

Torakamikaze

inserts obscure reference to city I live near

Maltzmania

free cheese dip

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Seeing as London is the creative Capital of the world, perhaps my dream will come true. I graduate next September, so if you want to wait until then, we'll talk. ;-)

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

Make me a threadless ambassador of an dutch store in Amsterdam/Rotterdam.
(10 years from now...)

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

and London is def not the creative capital of the world...

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

well done job, guys! :D

pbmaniac

Hoboken, NJ is def artsy enough

stickymike

[i] viralVISUAL on Aug 27 '07 at 10:33am
The moon store would be a smart business move.[/i]

I'm from Escalon, so this made me LOLZ

stickymike

my inability to use proper italics makes me LOLZ too

stickymike

I even copied the wrong post, gee golly

viralVISUAL on Aug 27 '07 at 10:21am
Manteca, CA is artsy... wink wink.

Thats what i meant to..

gosh just kill me

Mez

How is Frisco a smaller art community? I used to live there and in terms of "art community" it's anything but small.Why does it make more sense to open another shop in these called out "Not 'A' Markets?

Torakamikaze

You guys should open a store in Chicago!!!

ekovach

I'm glad I live in the neighborhood. I'll becoming to visit!

Chipmnk

Geez, anywhere in SoCal please.

Ballz

since when is Boston artsy? But I like the idea of expansion.Keep up the good work

littlem

laguna beach

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

yea boston's not really that artsy, they just have great seafood so any excuse i can get to get out there ;)

ekaj47

too much fun - san diego area would be a great place but it seems you forgot to mention it!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us