Close
One second...

$25 GC - Design Steve's Tattoo

Hello clever people!

Steve (the boy) has been studying biomedical science for the last three years and is dedicated to becoming a doctor. He's just got an interview for the uni with his first preference for post-graduate medicine, which is very exciting.

Anyway, some time ago he decided that he'd get a tattoo on the day he got into med - it means a lot to him; he's wanted to be a doctor all his life, and is really dedicated to it.

He wants something incorporating the Staff of Aesculapius, which looks like this:

It's the symbol for medicine - a snake entwining a staff.

He wants it done in black, around the length of his palm, on his back.

Anyone want to give a go designing a super-awesome tattoo design? He's thinking of having something in the background to balance the image.

If anyone designs the image that he uses, you get a $25 GC. Otherwise, you get my eternal admiration, and also virtual pie.

For reference, Steve in his soon-to-be-ironic t-shirt.

Watch this
d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i would but you know, i hate him

ecky_ducky

Get Emma to design him one. Hehe.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

she's best at saving babies lives and buying shoes. doesn't really design.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I like the image as it is - although it could do with a more stylish edge. I'd avoid over complicating it - although I'm sure someone could come up with a sweet design incorporating the staff and snake.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

it should be a gummi snake and a candy cane, since he's such good friends with sugar.

ecky_ducky

Zomg Leon, that would be the most awesome design ever. However it seems Steve wants something more timeless. Aka SUPER RAD!

Stevethegreat

I'm not any of the above.

stop spreading lies.

amaliaslash

that's the symbol of my city! since we are the city of medicine, housing duke medical center. woo.

amaliaslash

sometimes steven is a sore loser. sometimes, he is a sore winner. right now....for no reason. i was talking about the medical center, you jerk!

Stevethegreat

FUCK DUKE ANYWAY, BITCHES

amaliaslash

=( my mom was treated in duke hospital. fuck you? but........not really.........i don't wanna.

amaliaslash

naw man. really, i'm only annoyed at you for getting pop from middle school stuck in my head. hair flip!

Stevethegreat

I suppose this blog is far enough off topic

ok, tattoos!

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i couldn't be buggered adding detail to the staff

because i don't like him.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

it's just one of my failed subs recoloured, because that's all he's worth.

deboraborialis

I just pulled it out of the trash can and smoothed it it. I'm that good.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

that's how they met

ecky_ducky

Whoa, Leon. I feel strangely compelled to don a set of those ring-things for hitting people (technical name there) and kicking some biker ass.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

brass knuckles.
go on.

ecky_ducky

Yes, I was thinking knuckledusters and imaging old women with feather dusters welded to their knuckles tickling people to death.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

that name is also used, so enjoy your fantasy.

cofosho

Ah yeah. I really want a rod of Asclepius myself once I finish PA school. It's sad that not many people use this (imho) more professional symbol, so there aren't many stylized versions out there. Let me know what designs you find and what you decide on. I'm trying to decide whether to mine the hive mind or to ask my tattoo-designing friend to come up with something.

No account?
Join Us