Close
One second...

Tree

• by danrule
  • posted Aug 25, 2007
  • 49 Comments

I'd think natural tree growth could not be predicted, as every tree of the same species has it's own character, looks different.

What we see is supported by that which we cannot.

The top is drawn from what I believe to be a sycamore outside my apartment. A tree I will probably never see again when I soon move. Parts of the root are based off the Trinity Root sculpture by Steve Tobin in NYC, a cast of a sycamore that was hit with debris during 9-11.

Watch this
danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni

I'd think natural tree growth could not be predicted, as every tree of the same species has it's own character, looks different.

What we see is supported by that which we cannot.

The top is drawn from what I believe to be a sycamore outside my apartment. A tree I will probably never see again when I soon move. Parts of the root are based off the Trinity Root sculpture by Steve Tobin in NYC, a cast of a sycamore that was hit with debris during 9-11.

escapism

I think the roots would look better on the bottom of the back of the shirt, so they match up. But the illustration is lovely.

MooseDinner

Nice drawing, and I love the placement and size of the tree. I think the roots would be better on the bottom of the tree or taken off entirely.

julesmuse

the roots should just be below the tree. otherwise very nice drawing!

helo

creates a nice atmosphere of calm . . . a a a h h h h . . . .

Curlew

Oh my god, I love this shirt.

Recycledwax
Recycledwax profile pic Alumni

awesome! so calm!

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

5$

diulf_teloiv_a

i love the roots right where they are. gorgeous.

Gwenhwyfach

I'd actually like just the roots by themselves.

audioiv

Why can't the roots wrap around to the back?

bujica

YEAH! I wanna three tree tees! YAY

bujica

YEAH! I wanna three tree tees! YAY

Hedgepig

Yeah, the roots should go on the bottom of the back... It just makes more sense

danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni

Yep, I meant to show the roots on the bottom back too. My mistake

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I like the back placement lotz!!!!!

4$

jupitercrsh

i'd really like the roots at the bottom of the tree, but wrapping around the sides.

peterpandabear06

I love the placement of the tree on the shirt and that its a large design.

ilikeice

I love it. I don't think it needs the roots on back, but whatever, I just want this shirt. $5.

4.eyed.girl

I love trees. i want this shirt.

SWAMPFACTORY
SWAMPFACTORY profile pic Alumni

trees are so beautiful

camazing

brilliance

gore.baby

the imges are beatiful; i loveee it!

Rahmensprengmeisterin

very awesome. print! love the size of the illustration and the illustraton itself of course.

T tees

why see down see up? see front see back, would make more sense
sweet design tho

tigersnack

this is a great tree t

Looneygirl

Very nice!! I agree that the roots should be on the bottom of the tree.

rawrawrawr

God I love trees. I will buy, fer sherr.

brittencore

ugh!!! I LOOOVE THIS

J-Ray

Just when I thought I was sick of trees and roots.

karlaaa

AMAZING! $5

heyheyitsme

i really like the roots, but it seems odd to have them not connected to the tree, but they look really cool!!!!

BrandonB11

this is just one SWEET design... but y not just put the whole tree on the front???? still 5$

and i realize that i have no chance in teh mae comp now

dr. johnzo

i really like the placement of the roots where they are. what might be interesting is if you continued the trunk up a little to look as if the roots were connected to the head of the individual wearing this killer t. 5

anuvoz

YEAH!!!! YOu gets my $5.

rulenumberten

I've seen a lot of tree designs on threadless. This one, for some reason, seems to stand out.

My only input: I think your illustration would look superb if the tree and roots were not separated.

Regardless, $5 =]

EMilka

YAY! Love! I like the roots. can we see what its like on the back?? but i bet i'd buy either way $ 5!

mjap58

Although the root placement may have been accidental, it works to force the mind to think out of the box. It definitely should not be at the bottom of the back of the shirt, as that would allow the mind to follow the old stale pre-programmed patterns. On the shoulder, it infers the root of the brain stem. It's a really outstanding design. The best art forces us to think outside of what we already know. There's no fun in thinking about what we already know; it only reinforces preconceptions that are usually wrong.

kiLLyou

P

R

I

N

T

!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

minneshe

i;ve been hoping someone would design a shirt like this for soo long!!! thank you!!! i hope it gets printed!!!

ludicrous louisa

What a gorgeous tee shirt design. Unfortunately it's in natural which makes me sad cause now I can't wear it :(

4rch3nemy

So it's just a tree? I don't likes.

Ki Square

ooo!!! i want the roots at the back
it sounds like tree is rooting in me

No account?
Join Us