Close
One second...

Watchmen

• by Rockslide
  • posted Aug 21, 2007
  • 189 Comments

I just finished reading the Watchmen in anticipation of the upcoming blockbuster film adaptation. Before legions of you shout, "I don't get it?" Watchmen is one the most critically acclaimed comics of all time. I know most of you won't care about that, but me and the other nerds will.

This is a pun based joke on the name "Watchmen." Each of these watches represents one of the book's main characters. They are also symbolically placed, again with allusion to the storyline.

If none of that matters- then hey, its a design with some cool watches!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
Rockslide
Rockslide profile pic Alumni

I just finished reading the Watchmen in anticipation of the upcoming blockbuster film adaptation. Before legions of you shout, "I don't get it?" Watchmen is one the most critically acclaimed comics of all time. I know most of you won't care about that, but me and the other nerds will.

This is a pun based joke on the name "Watchmen." Each of these watches represents one of the book's main characters. They are also symbolically placed, again with allusion to the storyline.

If none of that matters- then hey, its a design with some cool watches!

Gavzilla

Agh! Rorschach! He's a scary fella....

I know lots of people will complain that it's obscure and needs explaining, but I think that's kinda cool. Makes for a conversation. Besides, it's generally only friends who comment on your shirt, not random strangers.

BrandonB11

sorry hadnt read that comic but like you said those are some really cool watches... 4

hobbeswriter

Wow, that's awesome! $5

hobbeswriter

Crap, I forgot to say that I like it horizontal better, but am undecided as to color.

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

I friggin' loved reading the Watchmen, would buy this instantly $5

taz-pie

heyyyy wasn't the thumbnail jackanapes profile pic for a while?
anyhoo, lovely illustration!

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

in 2009 the movie!!!

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

solid. solid art. solid idea. works as one or the other or both.

Cinnamingirl

that's awesome! vertical placement, maybe more towards the side/bottom of the shirt

Audiovore

OMG. This could be one of the best designs I've ever seen.

And on a side note I hope you know that blockbuster, means Crapsucker. Moore's work has never been translated even closely to the silverscreen, and I think The Watchmen is the least capable. I'd much rather have a 6-12hr smallscreen mini.

$5 tho. anything but baby blue, preferably darker, that would be the key to a million comic nerds buying it, a shirt to rival communist party in runs.

And if someone could think of a parody of the quote, Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, to be included, perhaps on the back in the graffiti style? My ideas are Who times the Timekeepers or Who watches the clocks?

Audiovore

Oh I ment to also say the parody should also be in latin, I just couldn't translate them so...

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Utter genius. $5

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

utter pure genius indeed. $5

Neon Samurai

Brilliant. I want one.

13strong

Yeah - cool design, and a great thing for "in the know" Watchment fans, before the film, which will almost undoubtedly be a big, embarrassing, unfaithful piece of crap, comes out.

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

cool and classy reference. i like how you've used a semi-brian bolland design aesthetic! $5

steven218
steven218 profile pic Alumni

can i get a YEAH!!

5$

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

well done job! cool design! :D

HalfCut

The vertical is beautiful, and I'd love one as a comic book shirt, 5+$

Woss
Woss profile pic Alumni

Absolutely great!

helo

very well done, Rockslide

Ian Leino
Ian Leino profile pic Alumni

So amazingly great

dsmears

This is absolutely brilliant! Love the horizontal on yellow. If it doesn't win, I am going to cry endlessly and forever.

Inkslinger

Make this. Make it now. I will buy two.

blushresponse

this is awesome. I will buy three.

the_book

this should be printed. $5

oh, and vertical placement is better IMO

theSeventhSon

Holy cow! This is amazing and brilliant! If only there were something better than $5 I could click!

gamejunkie

I love watches, and this is a fantastic design. 5$

kciibe

vertical!

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

fantastic - 5$

dsmears

Seriously, the symbolic allusions to the characters work better horizontally. So, horizontal!

F.o.d.d.

Horizontal = 5$

jstruan

I blogged it on Neatorama and SuperPunch, hopefully it'll send some high votes your way.

randalwhite

Saw it from Neatorama and absolutely adore it! Horizontal on blue, Brilliant!! Also the best comic ever written, hands down...

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

sick!

squintygirl

Holy crap, that's absolutely incredible.

Whats

So awesome.

Horizontal and blue, the most.

jrmasm
jrmasm profile pic Alumni

That's very clever. Well drawn. $5.
Horizontal and blue

cubenudger

I badly need this shirt. $5

Rockslide
Rockslide profile pic Alumni

Hey thanks everyone for all the love and support!

Thanks a ton to jstruan for spreading the blogging powers of the interverse.

nikitabot

very cool--agree that a darker blue would be nice

Straitjacket

Nothing but pure love for this design (and the series!). I think it looks better horizontal, and perhaps on a darker blue. =)

PuterBoy

YEASH!!!!!

5$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us