Close
One second...

Freshman Advice

Hey Threadless peeeples. I'm going into high school next monday, so if you have any random advice for starting high school, comment.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
mooseinmyshoe

there is a pool in the basement and a bowling alley on the top floor

this.passion.is.a.plagiarism

My tip: Do your homework, especially in classes you don't like. You want to work harder in those ones because then you'll be able to skip them occasionally without failing.

Also, don't go around shouting "CLASS OF '11!" It's just obnoxious.

ello_supasessy89

i don't because...
i'm going into 8th grade in a week or so....
you got any advice for me?

o wait here's some advice for you: remember to wear pants

KM3

Don't ask anyone you don't know for directions.

And don't be loud and annoying.

And don't look like a freshman.

And don't go to school.

Stevethegreat

don't jack off in your roommate's bed.

mooseinmyshoe

oooh yea, don't go screaming your class until you are at least a junior...upperclassmen will whoop your ass

Lucretia Mott

Don't go screaming your class ever. People who are proud of their highschool/class generally end up working at gas stations.

Lucretia Mott

Also, never do homework because it's rarely worth it, and make friends with the hall monitors because then you can leave campus whenever. Also, figure out which classes are easy and take them. Don't try too hard because it's really not worth it. They don't teach anything worthwhile in highschool that they don't teach mo' betta' in college.

Lucretia Mott

Also, make friends with people who have cars because cafeteria food sucks. Make friends with your guidance councilor so he/she will change your schedule to your liking. Actually, make friends with all adults because they can always help you out. Most highschoolers are assholes, so try not to talk to them.

This is fun.

hanzabean

don't talk for the first 2 weeks.

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

fresh meat.
fresh meat.
fresh meat.

just kidding. Don't anger the seniors.
that is all.

Lucretia Mott

Also, don't dress like a complete douchebag. And don't talk too loud. Actually, I'm with Hanza; try not to talk at all. In fact, just don't go.

Maltzmania

definitley join the Glee Club!

hanzabean

buttsecks

Lucretia Mott

Don't join any clubs. Clubs are for people who care.

Maltzmania

but its the GLEE CLUB!

hanzabean

glee is another way of saying "gay" nicely

Lucretia Mott

[Maltz are you from Boston or do you just like losing?]

Maltzmania

ohhhhh snap. wait.

Both?

Maltzmania

i'll take big papi anydayz

Lucretia Mott

Word. Me too. Actually, I'm in direct violation of that "I wish people would stop saying they're from Boston when they're really not" -facebook group, because I'm not, but what area are you from?

shirtflirt

they still allow freshman in school?

Maltzmania

hehe...i work in gov't center...born in boston....live bout 20 min north, in Andover

Lucretia Mott

Ah, I used to have a friend who worked for Mr. Mayor there. I was also born in Boston, but quickly vacated to the burbs. [belmont]

Maltzmania

word! go hijackin blogz for teh Boston Connection!

Bike Ninja

does anyone go to LGHS?

stinksmcgee

"they still allow freshmen in school?"
LMAO.

stinksmcgee

don't ask the kids for directions, they will definatley point you the wrong way.
make friends with the staff, they're nicer.

skafiend007

be sure to buy an elevator pass the first day.

go punch the biggest guy in the place right in the nose on the first day. That will show them you are not to be messed with.... oh, wait, that's for prison. Aw, what the hell, it might work for high school too.

shibby558899

Los Gatos High School?

AlixAri

dont stand/block the hallways talking to your little friends

skafiend007

seriuously, don't go around acting TOO cool (i.e. those glasses you're wearing in your photo, leaning all casual-like against your locker trying to "check out the lay-dees", dropping "cool-speak" inappropriately into your conversations. ("Man, I got gyzz-nim for third pizz-neriod.")

Upperclass men smell freshmen like sharks smell blood. You will not fool them and they will target you for trying to be too cool. Just keep you head down, talk to no one for a year and hope you make it out alive.

mooseinmyshoe

in your classes, if you meet a nice upperclassmen, ask their advice on teachers and classes, even if you don't care

skafiend007

Find another freshman even more puny than you. Beat him or her up in front of some upperclassmen. They will embrace you into the clique of school bullies.

when the shooting starts four years from now, duck.

mooseinmyshoe

DO NOT block the view at the front of a fight

nicolethelez

WALK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE HALL! there is nothing more annoying than a freshman with their backpack on walking in the opposite flow of the hallway traffic. We drive on the right of the road so walk on the right of the road!

broken.yoke

I love the hallway advice! and the pool in the basement thing went around my school for a LONG time.
LAWLS.
I like to shoulder check the freshmen that walk on the wrong side, and then just stop in the middle of the way.

nicolethelez

HELL YA! i liked to stick my foot out when i was at my locker and trip them when they are walking by

mooseinmyshoe

oh really?

i just go up and say "FUCK you are in my way and I will crush you"

skafiend007

I like to set them on fire and then...

I think I've said too much.

broken.yoke

Oh, and know that freshmen is plural, and freshman is singular. That always pissed me off when people actually said freshmans.

mooseinmyshoe

lol @ska

we share a common past time!

err...sounds HORRIBLE and stuff...

broken.yoke

AND teenage mustaches are gross. Shave. Or wax.

The Crackers

yes shibby

los gatos high school

does anyone go to harker?

The Crackers

i'm also gonna be a freshman

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?