Reggae Ambassador

Hi everybody, this is my first design, i hope you like it.

Dedicated to all the Rasta/Reggae community of Threadless.

Coments and critiques are welcome.

Peace

Watch this
dracula849

Hi everybody, this is my first design, i hope you like it.
Dedicated to all the Rasta/Reggae community of Threadless.
Coments and critiques are welcome.
Peace

dracula849

t's a fetus because it symbolises that reggae starts even before birth - it's in your blood!
Peace.

dracula849

thank you, i wanted it to be simple though...but with small details like the hat strings..

SourBitch

what happened after ska and blues had a quickie in the copyroom: reggae fetus

dracula849

first what you just said has nothing to do with reggae, then if they didn't put this red sentence on this web page that says : remember be nice!then i'd reply to your critique...Peace.

Musiclaxlife

thats cool but maybe change it up a little so maybe not a fetus but something else, like a business man in a suit but he has dread and that reggea hat

dracula849

thank you, but the idea of the fetus is issential in it. so i'll keep the fetus but i dunno what details to add or remove...i feel it misses something, i was thinking of a text ..but i dunno.
Help!!
peace.

SourBitch

here's something, the cord going outside the circles is distracting. Maybe if you made it look more like an umbilical cord, or at least stopped it at the inner edge of the circles, the illustration might have more cohesion.

SlicedBread

I like the cord going out, since that's 'true to life', but the edges need to be cleaner on them stripes it cuts into. Also (assuming this is in Illustrator), smooth tool out the circles a little bit, there are a few distracting rough edges. Otherwise, nice.

dracula849

thank you, i'll keep the cord going out. but it's photoshop not illustrator.and i dunno why the circles look like that coz in the real design version it's smooth. any other coment or suggestion is welcome.

le-moine

i really like it. and that reggae hat is great!

kathleen12

How awesome is this design?!? I heart it soooo much. now, i want one really bad!...

dracula849

thank you kathleen, when it'll get printed (if i'm that lucky..lol)
you'll wear it...Seeing my design on people in the street will be my real prize!!!
Peace.

No account?
Join Us