Close
One second...

I'm pretty upset about not being accepted in the contest

Hello there,

I worked many hours to transform a hand drawing into a picture acceptable for the contest. The task was to turn a big, detailed drawing, with many colors into a small, 5 solid colors picture, but with a resolution higher than 150 dpi. I guess you all know this already. I have succeeded to finish my work in a lower resolution. Please tell me...
1. How can I draw using a computer program so I can get pictures higher than 15o dpi?
2. How can I turn a scanned colored image into a 5 solid color, good resolution picture?
Maybe next time I won't screw it.

Thank you,
Andrei.

Watch this
Noobits

try some online tutorials for illustrator.
maybe use a wacom tablet (not fully nessessary). dont be upset :)

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

If you're working in Illustrator, resolution's not important as the vectors are infinitely scalable.

In Photoshop, you'd have to scan your drawing in at the specified resolution, and then I guess trace it and colour it digitally.

For the initial submission to Threadless though you only need 72dpi.

Ronald Vexa

My drawing had 72dpi and this is way was rejected.
Thank you for advice!

Bramish

Show us what you submitted?

Ronald Vexa

How can I show you what I have submitted?

Bramish

host it online somewhere.

Ronald Vexa

I have checked now with GIMP. They have a newsprint filter that I could have used. But anyway, when I save the image as gif it goes to 72 dpi :(

Ronald Vexa

right :]. I'll do it

Bramish

That's ok, but if it gets printed you'll need to save as a PSD or AI file.

Ronald Vexa

I was planning to re-draw it after it got accepted. Make it at an acceptable level of dpi.

Ronald Vexa

I put the picture in flickr, but I don't know if it's ok with Threadless to put it on public. So I placed it to be viewed by friends. So, if you want to see it, be my "friend" :P

Ronald Vexa

For this I need your e-mail adress

Ronald Vexa

Also thank you for your emotional support. I feel much better now

Ronald Vexa

It is you who is seeing a penis there. Get lost, pervert!

Ronald Vexa

This is the result. I have transformed a hand drawing into a computer drawing. I think now I should have used Adobe Illustrator. The lines aren't as smooth as in a 150dpi pic. The colored points in the drawing I have added manually on the black outline.

No account?
Join Us