Close
One second...

Onomatopoeia ( Like Rice Krispies, but not)

Onomatopoeia is a word or a grouping of words that imitates the sound it is describing, suggesting its source object, such as "click," "buzz," or "bluuuh," or animal noises such as "oink", "quack", or "meow". You know it from old Batman comics where someone gets hit, but instead of seeing the impact, you see a bubble with the word "POW" or "BLAM" in it.

Watch this
winkypants

Onomatopoeia is a word or a grouping of words that imitates the sound it is describing, suggesting its source object, such as "click," "buzz," or "bluuuh," or animal noises such as "oink", "quack", or "meow". You know it from old Batman comics where someone gets hit, but instead of seeing the impact, you see a bubble with the word "POW" or "BLAM" in it.

ilikebrown

That's funny. I never would have thought of that.

RaveDave

nice irony, but a tad boring to look at - I think a nice idea would be to have a scene like from batman with lots of sound explosions all saying completely non-onomatopoeic words.
I give you a 3 - "thwack"

cunningsoapman

RaveDave there knows what he's talking about. You'd do well to take his advice on this one. lol.

terryb

i would like to see the words more like the pow, with some shading or blocks.

el tommy

Not on gray.

Peppermont

Illustration needs work, but awesome concept.

bballstar23

I agree with those above me.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I think it would make more sense with a smaller POW!, BANG!, SMOOSH! and then a much bigger but not as big ONO...ETC! taking up most of the space. I love this idea and have many ono...etc. slogans myself. I hate the color tee its on tho...you want everything about this idea to jump out at you. Great idea tho. 3.

ramonestattoo

HAHAHAHA I LOVE IT~ i don't know why people want u to put pow, bang etc in it. the whole POINT is to have Onomatopeia - illustrated like it's onomatopeia itself!
bonus points for spelling it right. and i would like to see it NOT on grey, and maybe YEAH try playing with the animation

eat_the_pudding

^^^ haha bonus points for spelling it right ^^^

then you spelt it wrong :] youre my hero!

hakke5

a superman-style blue would fit better than gray

emma..

you amaze me. $5.

MonoTony

you didn't have to explain it, that's condescending. 5$

kcs443

i agree with putting it on a navy-dark blue shirt, go for the nice comic-booky primary colors. but add nothing else, this shirt is solid.

melob1

I'd buy it if it wasn't on grey

RaeKuusou

It should definitely be on blue. Also, I think the red and white dots in the yellow are distracting, and that it would look better with just plain yellow.

Awesome idea.

4rafel

meh. cute.

winkypants

Thanks for all the feedback. It is one of my first designs, so I appreciate any help I can get. I will definitely change it to a blue shirt.

animammal

Yes to a comic-bright shirt color, and I say keep the "halftone" dots in the burst -- it accentuates the retro comic book look of it.

$5 for you, and if it gets printed, I'm getting one for myself and one for my kids to share!

murgles

Yeah on blue that would be pretty great.

I would totally wear this!! $5

Delicatessen

I could do alot with this shirt!

heyheyitsme

i feel a little dumb, i'm still not getting it:) sorry...

awsomelikethat

it's a bit plain, but i do like the idea.

daenikoffre

I agreee with Dave and the others about adding to the design.. and changing the fabric color. Great concept.

k_hanson

Awesome, but image needs to be smaller on tee!

LeRoi

WAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM.
This is way lame. I hate it.

mag391

im working on an idea liek this! This is funny.

F.o.d.d.

Sweet.

F.o.d.d.

Sweet

ladyviolett

Perfect...but on a blue shirt for sure.

coley1234

ooh i agree. a scene with this written on it and i'd buy it

christie lou

Onomatopoeia is by far one of the BEST words in the english dictionary.

No account?
Join Us