Close
One second...

Kamaitachi!

Click on the labeled buttons/swatches to see comps of the shirt colors and placement, as well as a little background info on Kamaitachi. This is my first submission, any comments/criticisms are always appreciated!

-JAWCooper

For a larger view go here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61921574/

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
rupertclouds

Click on the labeled buttons/swatches to see comps of the shirt colors and placement, as well as a little background info on Kamaitachi. This is my first submission, any comments/criticisms are always appreciated!

-JAWCooper

For a larger view go here:

XOTL

hey, sweet looking design there! nice!

visual_80

the color and illustration is great...$5

herky

awesome illustration and characters, love it on the chocolate T.

celsiusboy

5 for u too ~

SWAMPFACTORY

sweet critters ! i like the rabbit-drago...

wotto

super illustration.

Jemae
1 design submitted - Score now!

superbbb illustration! 5! :D

joshamman

count me as a fan!

dalpengy

i love it! i especially like the subtle blue outline....

Foudemoiselle

Supa sweet. I'd buy it for sure. $5!

StickChick

They're Cute $5

OceanCrayon

really well done, just wish the colors stood out a bit more

Cactus Pirate Jr.

Hey Coop! Getting a little fancy with the flash, are we?

I love these characters! I think all the colors work best on white...

Luke...

very fun characters...would love to see more of a narrative going on.

rupertclouds

Oh, I forgot to mention that the characters in the word bubble say "Kamaitachi" in Japanese. Thanks for the support, it gives me warm fuzzies.

Ocean Crayon- I completely agree, I think something about transfering it to flash kinda washed it out a little. To see the original colors go here:

Cactus Pirate- You know how I loath Flash. Do not bring up the painful memories of floundering around on the computer for an hour in the OTIS library, trying to make the khaki box disappear when you see the chocolate shirt comp. Evidently I gave up...

rupertclouds

Oh, I forgot to mention that the characters in the word bubble say "Kamaitachi" in Japanese. Thanks for the support, it gives me warm fuzzies.

Ocean Crayon- I agree. I was kinda going for a faded, vintage palett, but it is a tad washed out.

Cactus Pirate- You know how I loath Flash. Do not bring up the painful memories of floundering around on the computer for an hour in the OTIS library, trying to make the khaki box disappear when you see the chocolate shirt comp. Evidently I gave up...

wisecoop

Stunningly awesome! $5

MBATuesday

Those are the ugliest poodles I have ever seen.

5 :)

Aprilmayjune

on the brown please!! $5

flcl3825

i'd so buy it if the design was bigger, but i'm still gon' give it a 5 cuz it's just plain awesome-o

scandoslav

wow, this is way better than i expected. turns out your hair is just slightly* more artistic than the rest of you...

scandoslav

*this [ ] much. 580¥.

twigbeast

$5 on chocolate

lumberjacktumble

Coop... my love for you and your art is ummm... much to complicated to explain. i vote brown. i hope the swiss flag was for me on that mountain animal... who is supposed to have a keg around his neck not a pillow... who wants a pillow when they are feezing in the snow. my comment is much too long.
my username is for you

rupertclouds

lumberjacktumble- I want to make sweet lumberlack love to you. In Switzerland. While Chuck Norris watches.

scandoslav- I would drive down to Borders and thank you for the compliments but I locked my keys in my car today.... oh.... oh, wait, no..... that was you.

MBATuesday- Yo mama.

rupertclouds

flcl3825 - I see what you mean and I agree. It needs to be a wee bit bigger.

impossiblejosh

very good first submission.
i check out your blogs and really dug your comics and handdrawn style

i think taht you lost a lot in the digital version of this image, and the hand colored one on your blogspot site was a lot stronger.

looking forward to new things

impossiblejosh

also, you should try inking and then scanning into photoshop and doing digital color there. keep the hand draw feeling to your lines.

i think it would lend itsef more to your style when applied on a tee shirt

Bisparulz

cool characters! 5$

Shadowpanda

I like it on chocolate, but if you could make the background a red color similar to the color of it's tongue it would be even cooler I think...

yeohgh

YES, love your illustrated creatures, wonderful! 5

T tees

pokemon!

FRICKINAWESOME

Who the hell are you? And why haven't you made things for this site before? Fantastic first sub...

Embem

Very cool! Would love the brown!

Embem

Very cool! I like the brown.

horizontal vertigo

AWESOME, woot-ness for japanese mythology and woot-ness for your designing skills!!!

rupertclouds

impossiblejosh- I keep thinking about what you said about how something was lost by pen-tooling the design and I've been trying to think of a way around that. I'm working on a new design but I don't really like how wiggly the lines get when I ink things.... and I don't like photoshop much.... perhaps a different pen or inking with a brush would change things... thanks for the suggestion, I am really gonna try to hand-ink at least the main characters of the next sub!

To everyone who has left lovely comments, thank you very much.

impossiblejosh

the outer blue stroke isnt helping, and if the colors were stronger this would've worked. but still not half as good as teh original drawing.

it'd bee cool to see some of your human figures used in tees too, they had a very specific interesting style

rupertclouds

Thanks impossiblejosh, though I worry that the humans I draw would only appeal to girls. Actually the next sub I'm working on has a girl in it, but I think she is stylized enough that guys would wear it too. I'll put it up in the critique area in a couple of days.

As for the differences between the original marker-sketch of Kamaitachi and the submition, most of the changes I made can be attributed to the 5 color limit which I struggled with for some time.

Neon Samurai

Hmm. Love the design. Excellent execution. Its too early to ask you to marry me right?

Damn.

rajaka

damn good

SpookyDoom

Very nice!! $5 definitely!

Foudemoiselle

I have to admit that I like the more-colorful one more, but this is awesome as well. I want it in chocolate.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?