Close
One second...

pseudonymjones' swf's. help!

i like how pseudonymjones allows users to toggle colors in his subs. can anyone teach me how to do that in flash?

Watch this
ltdan1504

i know basic flash skillz i just wanna know how to do el toggle de colores

helladelightful

pseudonymjones uses the devil's magic to do that. stay away from him, boy, its a good idea to steer clear of that satanist.

ltdan1504

wha??? srslytho plz help

ltdan1504

please babies

ltdan1504

i'll kiss you!

ltdan1504

i wont stop bumpin till i get an answer :-l

helladelightful

oh calm down and for the love of god DONT kiss me

ltdan1504

im calm. i wont kiss. :) do you know though?

sillybanana

this might help

I actually have no idea how to do the flash displays but if you have basic knowledge this forum might help you to do more.

pinkelephants

i wont stop bumpin till i get an answer

I've found that statement gets me into a lot of trouble. I wouldn't recommend using it.

thekevinmcgraw

actionscripting. i would uhh make like say 3 different frames. name them "red" "blue" "white. have a red background on one, blue on the other and white on the third. make buttons that specify a "gotoAndStop(framename)".

thekevinmcgraw

that would be an easy way to go about it.

thekevinmcgraw

make sure you have all the buttons written right and in all the frames or theyll get stuck when they click around.

ltdan1504

thanks much

thekevinmcgraw

oh, i guess i shouldve looked at his. my way would be if you wanted a different button for each color. his just goes frame by frame most likely and you can't jump out of order. same idea though.

ltdan1504

how many frames d'ya think would fit within the size limit

MrDomino
MrDomino profile pic Alumni

The frames aren't nearly as important as what is in them. The more complex your design, the more space that takes up. For example, my last sub would never work as a multi-frame movie because I just barely made it under 120KB with the design and all the menu pieces. For the Power of Choice I had to cheat and externally link the detail shots because I couldn't get it to work within the filesize constraints as a vector.

MrDomino
MrDomino profile pic Alumni

Also, I don't know the hew version of Flash very well. They went and changed a lot around in Actionscript 3.

ltdan1504

i need some help still. i have 5 different frames and multiple layers
each frame is a color scheme
i converted an image into a symbol (button)
but i can't for the life of me get it to do anything!
im using MX 2004 and i want each click to move it 1 frame forward.
PLEASE HELP

ltdan1504

i'm finally ready to upload my final version and a single simple button gets in my way...

No account?
Join Us