Close
One second...

Sheer Freedom

This is my first T design, but please give advanced critique!

I haven't seen a lot of T's like this on the site, mostly art T's and whatnot, but since I don't have any good shirts, I figured I'd have a go at making one, and I'm hoping it gets lots of votes so that I can buy it :P

Watch this
Angels1928

This is my first T design, but please give advanced critique!

I haven't seen a lot of T's like this on the site, mostly art T's and whatnot, but since I don't have any good shirts, I figured I'd have a go at making one, and I'm hoping it gets lots of votes so that I can buy it :P

Angels1928

Any comments are appreciated!

curly oxide

i totally respect the art. actually i wish i could figure out how to get that effect (the kind of vintagey / splattery look). if you dont mind sharing some tips i would love it.
that said, my understanding is that the threadless crowd isn't so into the skull thing

justabean

Props to you on the effect, though this really looks more like a band shirt than something Threadless is into. Even if this looks cool you have to know your audience.

I'd advise you to actually draw out some of this (eg skulls though I agree they're perceived as overused) since some of it looks like brushes (people here are really into art and can tell if it is), and maybe add some color and shading in the wings, which you should make bigger. Spend some more time on it, come up with a more solid idea (WHAT is exactly sheer freedom? Death?) and flesh out that idea. Also, maybe make the dark brown a little more visible.

Finally, please don't say the only reason you subbed was because you don't have any good tees. There is very little chance even a very good design will get printed, and that statement comes off as overconfident.

Anyhow those are my thoughts. You asked for an advanced critique.

BlueEmu

I like the effect, but it's almost too vintagesplatterindie to be legible. Is the effect just there to be an effect, or were you actually thinkin' about what the text and graphics meant together?

If you're gonna go with a straight type tee, in my opinion, the type better be either very elaborate and purposefully engrossing to the eye, or very easily legible. This is hovering in the middle of that at the moment.

theSeventhSon

I like it. I say submit it. I'd give it a 4.
It's very well done.

No account?
Join Us