Close
One second...

headphones

• by T tees
  • posted Jul 29, 2007
  • 45 Comments

i want to connect it to something completely random ilke maybe an animal that i will also make out of one squiggly line. just an idea i had earlier today

Watch this
T tees

i want to connect it to something completely random ilke maybe an animal that i will also make out of one squiggly line. just an idea i had earlier today

crscheffe

good so far...

anieflor

Do so with another element, so we can see

T tees

im thinking like attach it to someones finger and make it so the whole thing is on continuous line

T tees

maybe even submit for Gmail competition...

T tees

what do you mean another element?

T tees

you mean something attached?

nadoon

i like the simplicity of it

anieflor

You told about an animal ...

nikolina100

oooo, this looks good!

T tees

yea ill do one with an animal or some thing i might have it be attached to the tail than have someone grabbing the headphones or i might have the chord be attached to someones finger idk. i gotta mess around. one idea i like it the single line kind of un raveling near the bottom and having a little kid pulling on the end

DownTownBrown

this could be awesome with highlights and shadow thrown in, it can surely be done even with a squiggle, just go denser and lighter to imply form. I see a lot of music tee-shirts and usually they just look really uninspired, so it would be cool to see one that really impressed me. Your idea has a good movement to it so with refining it could be really good.

T tees

thanks downtownbrown. im working on it today. i wasnt sure if i should put a shadow in. but ill give it a shot. do you think it should be immediatly behind it or down on a surface?

HomerZnel

I like how you have managed to take a plain front on orthographic view of fairly ordinary headphones and turned them into, with a simple elegance I might add, a dynamic symbol that not only really carries out the idea of the headphones but also the rhythm and movement of the music itself. Like DownTownBrown, I think there stands to be significant improvement by just something as simple as darkening in some sections. Also, if you want to add color/shading to the line drawing as is, you might try taking it into photoshop, selecting only the black lines and just running some lighter highlights over the surfaces, thus changing the color of the line in a little area, but leaving the overall continuous line idea intact. Yes, in my humble opinion it could use a little work, but I really like what you have come up with so far. Would love your input on my idea, http://www.threadless.com/critique/6128/You_Want_The_Moon
;p

T tees

wow, thanks alot homerZnel, i was drawing on some copies of the original trying to color certain areas, but im about to put up this weird thing i drew in with the headphones, check it out

T tees

um this is just somehting i was drwaing when i was watching shark week! haha, its probably not for a shirt unless you guys like it, i just thought it was neat and wouldnt hurt to throw it up here!

T tees

come on, nothing?

T tees

really would it be shirt worthy?

T tees

i mean the idea not this specifically

SourBitch

Well, it's getting crazier and thus more personable.

T tees

i could just make some big trippy/hippie/music thing that would cover like the whole front of the shirt.
would anybody be down to see something like that ona shirt?

T tees

hmmm, artists block

Hero Status

i dont like the squiggles, sry.
m y not make headphones out of phone shapes and head shapes?
m

T tees

haha pulling apart the word, i like

Hero Status

just tryin to mix it up.
m

T tees

check out the first version, hero, youll see what i was getting at, idk some people liked it, im just stuck

Hero Status

yea, squiggles just rn't for me. if ur not gonna do the heads and phones one, i might! just i'll wait to sub it till urs is done, its only classy that way.
m

T tees

yea yea, w/e, its like the motion of music or some crazy shit that Homerznel saw, ha i think ill try to stick to this and hopefully ill find a way to further the design so more people like it

T tees

NOWHERE TO GO, help please!

T tees

any thoughts, ANY!!!

T tees

any thoughts, ANY!!!

T tees

headphones, i dont like it im gona go back to version 1

tiredchildren

Maybe go with Ver. 1 and add a tiny input on one end of the line and a tiny set of headphones that are the same shape as this big tangled mess on the other.

RainbowJoy

That hurts my eyes... make it one color.

puzon

maybe try adding a clean outline to the headphones...

thinkle

i like it.... it's different. :)

T tees

what im gonna do is either go with what i initially said i was going to do with version 1, or try to add on and perfect version 2

Tspoon

blah

T tees

exactly, but this is just one part of what i can hopefully improve, i think its just hopeless

Kiki756

Version one was the best...I think.

T tees

yea i want to elaborate on V1 but im not sure how

bballstar23

Hmm, instead of squiggly lines, maybe make the headphones out of headphones?

Sagaofmany

better but i would have lead to something maybe on the back a tape being pulled casette

garstar

Version one, please. Um, unless we are supposed to look at this with 3D glasses or something. O__o;

No account?