Close
One second...

Life Grows On

• by OOH_OOH
  • posted Jul 20, 2007
  • 46 Comments

I designed this to show the connection we have with nature in life, loss, and regrowth. I hope you dig it!

Watch this
OOH_OOH
OOH_OOH profile pic Alumni

I designed this to show the connection we have with nature in life, loss, and regrowth. I hope you dig it!

timadd

I don't like the exclamation marks and blue lines around the n and s pole. perhaps without it the design would be a different concept, but I like the idea it portrays w/o those marks.

Hollidob

Am I being blind - couldn't see the exclamation marks mentioned by above commentor... but anyway - I love this, although it makes me feel a bit sad - I think it's a great idea. Really love the roots...

LookingForward

No, Threadless is having a comment problem... people's comments are being posted on the wrong designs... It's sad. I know which submission that comment was meant for.

LookingForward

No, Threadless is having a comment problem... people's comments are being posted on the wrong designs... It's sad. I know which submission that comment was meant for.

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

Why am I such a sucker for tree submissions? This shirt would rock an asymmetrical placement.

OOH_OOH

Thanks for the comments! I'm trying to look for the design with exclamation marks now :)

hmmwhoknew

I really like the idea and the design!

idiophonebox

This would have been good for the gmail competition "Connect." It isn't as obviously tailored to gmail like a lot of the other designs.

color me blank

i really really like this.
great job.

psychedelphia

I must agree, I am a sucker for tree submissions as well. I dig, for sure.

FuzzyLlama

Transperation through tears! The water cycle is complete

Great job, I like it a lot *4

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

this is the best of your new batch excellent idea and your art is generally top notch

l7productions

Good idea, but I'd never wear something like this. Way too depressing.

sputnikkkk

( based on what looking forward said)
if te wrong comments are going to the wrong work- Does that mean the wrong score is going to the wrong submission

sputnikkkk

anyway this is very well done - I really like it.

coodle

This is a cool idea and the realization also rocks!

styld

i like the idea

OOH_OOH

Thanks for the comments everyone! My intention for this design was not to be depressing but I guess it does have someone crying on it.

Washcloth

First design that actually prompted me to leave a comment. Fantastic!

heyheyitsme

this is nice!! i remember it from critiques, well done!

missmeat

Oh, this is fantastic. What a great idea - melancholy and sweet.

Whipstitch

The concept is cool; the "dash" tears I'm not so fond of

allyourbase

this reminds me of the book "The Giving Tree" by shel silverstein. I really like this. $5

BrandonB11

i did somethign kinda similar to this a while ago... but urs is much better done... so

great work

shked_e
shked_e profile pic Alumni

nice

OOH_OOH

"The Giving Tree" was an inspiration for this piece.

alicakes

i really love this. i'd totally buy it. i hope it gets printed!!

pinkie05

I LOVE it!! Wow. 5$

lovemychickens

I actually would like it better without the dotted line. Still nice.

Furoyu

That's great how it looks like the tree is comforting him with a leaf on his shoulder.

Emily72

I like it, very cute 5

narzi

like it;^)

brownstar

I think it's a really cool idea. $5.

salsa bandit

this reminds me a little of shel silverstein's "The Giving Tree" , one of my fav childhood books. 5$

iforgot

Very cool.

jessibowtf

this is cool, but i think the tears from his face should evolve from tear shaped...tears into the dots around the roots and it'd be really good

damselfly

great. i thought of "the giving tree" the second i saw it. something needs to be done about the tears and their connection to the new growth. i'd buy it

broken crayons

I like the concept. I agree that it reminds me of the giving tree. Maybe I'm just a little tired of trees on threadless.

No account?
Join Us