Close
One second...

Mermaids in Brine

• by sooty
  • posted Jul 13, 2007
  • 65 Comments

I did a couple of colour options but it was too cramped to include them all on the page click here other colours to see the pale blue and ash version.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
sooty
sooty profile pic Alumni

I did a couple of colour options but it was too cramped to include them all on the page click here other colours to see the pale blue and ash version.

sillybanana

aww the link didn't work, I really like this. 5

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

Nice chicks!
or fish... o_O

Vinifera7

Ooo! They certainly look delicious :D~ I want to bite their bodies apart (sorry.. i fantasize about mauling cute animals)

goldie.

hey i really like this. Very cool idea, i love meramaids

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

This is amazing. I wouldn't mind being in there with those mermaid ;) WINK WINK!

J-Ray

curse those pussyless temptresses of the sea!

freshview

ya, this is wicked. I can't even critique. Love it.

odesi09

I smell a print! :)

BrandonB11

its been done before on threadless by a real good artist but hasnt been printed... still a really nice design

BrandonB11

its been done before on threadless by a real good artist but hasnt been printed... still a really nice design

sooty
sooty profile pic Alumni

damn it! someone has always done something similar, I searched under all mermaid submissions to check no one had done it too. curses! hopefully the style is different enough. sorry about the link, don't know what's wrong with it, try pasting this:

http://www.flourishdm.co.uk/tim/tshirts.html

they aren't that different, just an ash and pale blue option. thanks for your nice comments so far.

beesneak
beesneak profile pic Alumni

I think the styles are so different that it doesn't really matter. Great Minds think alike:)

Mrs S

Love it!!

Chris Carney

I don't think it really matters whats gone before. All designs be they good or bad are very individual

siboyd

It's like an oily, fishy dream I once had about Daryl Hannah circa Splash.

illeagle

I like it a lot... the only thing I would like better is the image on the shirt being slightly tilted like you have the detail on the left tilted.

SEVEN-HUNDRED

Nice design

Links never seen to work in the description/1st comment, i normally just post them in the comments when the design is through pending.

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

great! awesome illustration! i like it! 5$! :)

sooty
sooty profile pic Alumni

thanks for the tip, I didn't think it would work but I'm not very techi, I had to get a friend to help.

it is better slightly tilted like the main image, that's what I intended it to be like on the t, it just doesn't show up so well on such a small visual of it.

xanathema

Great design, I think I prefer it in the pale blue. $5ed.

HippieChica15

I actually like this one better than the similar design. gets the sardines reference across better when they're lined up than one mermaid peeking out, in my opinion. and I like the monochrome

Rosemoo

This one is better than that other sub anyway. I like the pale blue version best!

lmdmu01

Great work. I also think it works best on the pale blue.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Great illustration work- especially on the 3D look of the top of the tin. To have the drawing be more visually interesting, you should move the roll of the tin away from the direct center. I'd suggest it going more towards the left, thus having more of the MERMAIDS word showing. It bothers me that all you see is the MAIDS part. 4

xanthophiliac

Very cute design and concept, and I love the mix of the cartoon-ish style with the subtle 3D effect/shadow. In terms of colours, I really like the sagestone colour up there -- a nice subtle colour that has a sea feel to it without being the usual blue for water stuff. $5.

sooty
sooty profile pic Alumni

I did try the rolled lid on more of an angle but to reveal more of the word it makes it cover up the end mermaid so I changed it back. I think it's fairly obvious what the rest of the word 'maids' would say, given the visual.

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

great illustration and colors, I love the water droplets in the bottom of the can.

Mike_115

I like this better than the other. 5

cityauctor

lol they're awesome. gorgeous, non-slutty mermaids in a tin. i'm not sure how you pulled it off but well done.

snarks

AWESOME

i want this shirt so badly. 5$

sooty
sooty profile pic Alumni

thanks

holynazi

cute. i like cleavage

ivywillow

I love both of them, but the detail I love on yours is that the can says "mermaids" That is awesome.

Z3R-0

LOL this is awesome!! $5

gesteira

Uauuuuu!!!!!!!!!
Very Nice!

shked_e
shked_e profile pic Alumni

great idea!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?