Close
One second...

Good Girls Love Bad Boys

• by joeb87
  • posted Jul 06, 2007
  • 35 Comments

One kiss, my bonny sweetheart, I'm after a prize to-night,

But I shall be back with the yellow gold before the morning light…

Watch this
joeb87

One kiss, my bonny sweetheart, I'm after a prize to-night,
But I shall be back with the yellow gold before the morning light…

sillybanana

It looks like he is about to shoot her

AD_industrees

If he was about to shoot her, that would make him a bad boy wouldn't it.

Vindemiatrix

I love that poem.

I really really wish you'd done this with thin lines rather than halftones, to mimic the illustration style of the period.

PolarVrtX

This is excellent! $5!

fornhugr

the highwayman, where everyone dies in the end

13strong

The illustration is kind of unclear and... foggy. I would lose some of the distressing and/or halftones to try and make it jump out a bit more, and to make some of the detail clearer.

Nice artwork though.

nfoley

Yeah the whole thing kind of screams "playing around with cool fonts and photoshop filters"...

I'm feelin the lines comment.

AlaskaCannoli

It's absolutely astounding!!!!! Ooh. I hope it wins. 5!!!

splatkunst.dk
splatkunst.dk profile pic Alumni

I like the idea. I think the colors could have been matched better. The red and peach doesn't fit very well together. I don't think that the large grey halftone works that well together with the "worn out" sign.

Nice, though...

joeb87

ok in my defense i did try it out with the 'lines' but just didnt seem to work- and theres not a single photoshop filter on there!

xarmii

i like the illustration

xarmii

i like the illustration

didgeridoo.dude

He never makes it to her... Great design of a poem from the turn of the century, talk about old school. I'd buy it for my girlfriend.

Thos88

yes it does - walking through the shops today I realised there is utter crap on the shelves - this is art!
i'd buy it - well done!

ilikeice

The Highman goes riding, riding, riding...
Have you heard the song version of that song? Very nice.

ilikeice

Song version of that poem.... Nice.

ecfriede

Um, I really like the concept, except that I'm almost positive the rider's hat is anachronistic -- it's like, all 19C except for ... a Paul-Revere tricorn? Er.

sanaawarhol

I LOVE THE CONCEPT but the illustration im not too fond of

sanaawarhol

but you get a 4 because the artwork is great

snarrk

Love that song. Nice concept.

InnocentEyes

I like it, it reminds me of a faerie tale.

joeb87

cheers for the comments- i didnt think that indepth into the tricorner hat, i just wanted to create the traditional 'highwayman' look, good knowledge though ecfriede

got2knit

Love that poem. LOVE IT! Not so keen on this text on the shirt tho'.

dinahl9044

i love it. and the colors are perfect. i like how the peach and red sort of clash but mostly look really awesome together

ChloroformPerfume13

It's a cool design, but it looks really big on the shirt.

Willish

I feel the hands where they seem to be connecting needs to be a bit clearer. Other than that I love it. great use of half tones and a lovely colour palette.
5 for now. $ if the hands are fixed.

Costumedzyner

Love the design, but not a fan of the text on it.

gyrfalcon

I don't think this really captures the spirit of the poem. The text is a real ruiner for me, and the illustration doesn't really say "The Highwayman" to me.

On the positive side, damn that's fine artwork.

cityauctor

i love it as-is, but line would've worked really well

joeb87

thanks again for the comments, i actually only discovered the poem after making this shirt but I thought that particular quote was worked quite well with the design

No account?
Join Us