Close
One second...

dont call him elephant man...

im an old fashioned guy with an old fashioned submission. i think this ones a real bust up!

Watch this
sudanesepooch

im an old fashioned guy with an old fashioned submission. i think this ones a real bust up!

The.Big.Bang

uhhh...what? cool graphics but no idea what your talking about

MightyTees

nice detail but whut is that thing! its freakn me out..lol

bloatbugjen

AHHHH NOT HIM! he creeps me out.

lcm07

he's the elephant man,
a guy who got rich off of this horrible dis figuration.

i like the idea but i dont think id wear it.

chelly

i love the elephant man and the idea behind this, but it just looks like a troll instead of beautifully grotesque as it should.

mollyric

Hahaha!! I Love the idea! I would put it on a button or something else, but I wouldn't wear it on a shirt. I just saw a documentary about the elephant man, such a sad story. But that is a great idea.

squelettenoir

Mhmmm, the Elephant Man is a very sad figure.
I commend you. It's a great design. I've just got reservations about wearing him on the front of me.

jrmasm
jrmasm profile pic Alumni

I do like your style...

fouchnickens

This one let me down a bit. The statement "He Never Forgets" and the shadowing of the face sets the design in a menacing light, something that Joseph Merrick ("the elephant man") fought against his entire life.

KM3

When I look at this, it seems like it's making fun of the Elephant Man for some reason.

I don't like that...

Oopis

This is great, sudanesepooch! It's a buy for me. Good work, as always.

Darkie
Darkie profile pic Alumni

fouchnickens is right on the money

tRaSH_PaRADiSE

he looks like he has a penus noze

matchstick

Neurofibromatosis!

sputnikkkk

The design is clever - and I would probably laugh if I hadn't seen the David Lynch movie Elephant Man-- that was one of the saddest films I have ever seen.

fouchnickens

Neurofibromatosis!

And Proteus Syndrome too, poor guy.

sudanesepooch

wow. im not afraid to say that you guys are being way too politically correct. a joke is a joke.

sudanesepooch

and if anything, this is about the revenge of elephant man!!!

ilovetomasb

oh GOD is that what he really looked like???

ilovetomasb

his nose looks like a penis.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

his nose looks like a penis.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

wow, i didn't even see ilovetomasb's comment either...

Cold Collards

I see what you're going for here. It just doesn't work for me.sorry.

phones

his nose does look like a knob

buuuut i like this

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Love the colors and the delicate shading of the EM's head. The text is FAR too big & needs layout/font work. I also think the torso line extends too far down. I would blow up the head to fill the shirt, and perhaps soften his features (also, change the nose). The play on 'he never forgets' is good, but I'd prefer it to be less harsh. I'd rather uplift a sweet Elephant Man instead of having him in attack mode.

shaunibug

elephant man!
i think i might actually wear this

welshalex

No one has been 'PC', any negative comments have come from a purely emotional perspective, and I have to agree on this one.
I dont think anyone who had read about his life, or seen the film could wear this.
Illustration is lovely as ever though.

AlaskaCannoli

Wow people... uh... he has a name. John Merek...

And insulting a REAL person is just cruel. :(

Sound Ship

I could never wear this. This is much more of something I would buy a poster of.

slicedbread8

it's an amazingly skilled rendering-- but-- I too saw the David Lynch film Elephant Man and was depressed for weeks. John Merek's story for me -- is like a symbol of how cruel people can be. I think if you saw the film-- you'd have a bit more empathy.

shiroshok
shiroshok profile pic Alumni

ur a master that threadless might never get dude.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Haha. This is genius. I'd use a different font, perhaps something hand drawn, and make the overall design bigger.

Too bad there aren't many 'ugly' fans here. But I like most of your designs a lot.

stamatiki

Lol... this is great. I, for one, think there should be an entire series of elephant man designs. Perhaps a shrieking elephant man on a stepstool with a mouse at his feet? Or recreations of famous paintings like American Gothic or Michelangelo's Creation of Adam, but with elephant people, of course. I wish I had seen this earlier so I could have scored it $5.

No account?