Close
One second...

The Catcher in the Rye

"What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff— I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy."

To see a larger pic of the Catcher, please click on my name "Twiggyhall" in the upper right and then see the flickr photos under my home tab.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Twiggyhall

"What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff— I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy."

To see a larger pic of the Catcher, please click on my name "Twiggyhall" in the upper right and then see the flickr photos under my home tab.

orwell

interesting

Alexandra Marie

I hated that book with every fiber of my being.

Hinotama

sweet!

Skippy-Du

I love it - he is the cutest rye I've ever seen!

PBmeetsJ

I hate that book too. What's the point of a book with no plot? And I still don't get the signifigance of a catcher in the rye.

Petesy

i really like it, i say centered on the chest tho, perfect color

Twiggyhall

Centered could be easily done...

brownstar

Catcher in the rye is my favourite novel of all time, and I like the play on words. I don't think I'd get it without the title of the shirt though.

jet1125

Ugh... I did not like that book. It seemed so pointless.

Justin Manning

Dont center it, i like it how it is!

brownstar

How was it pointless? What is the point of fiction? Is it to evoke emotion? Is it to cause one to question their views on life?

Tankman

how could you not get the novel!?!?!

the only thing I didn't like about it was the slang used... it got annoying to read.

good idea but not sure if people seeing it would get it.

nanobot

loved the book, hate puns

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

jet1125 on Jul 05 '07
Ugh... I did not like that book. It seemed so pointless.

Seriously, fuck the younger generation. lol. Sorry a book's plot isn't spoon fed to you.

I'm not really a fan of the style and placement of the pun, but i like the pun a lot. I'd like it even more if it was a just a bigger picture of a rye break with a baseball catcher either poking out of the top or looking straight at the viewer of the tee in the middle of the bread loaf.

LulaBlue

Oh wow.....

Regina Falanjie

I love it.

Baseball and bread fans unite!
(I know, not really the point...)

boogerhead

Very clever! I've never read the book but I really enjoy fun puns.

violetray

I love everything about it -- from the tablecloth to the cartoony butter to the adorable rye! Literary types will get it; who cares about anyone else?

Twiggyhall

Thank you for all of the nice comments! I know puns are not always super popular around here, but I just couldn't resist!

And who doesn't have an Aunt or Grandma with that tablecloth? Ahhh... nostalgia... tee-hee

catalina_s

wow. i love this even without considering the pun. the weird mix of depth and flatness is awesome. also, i really like the placement...it works well with the trajectory of the ball i guess.

Aunt or grandma? Shit, I have that tablecloth. $5

Twiggyhall

Lol! EVERYONE should have that tablecloth! It's a classic!

teee

i didn't enjoy the book, but love the pun. cute design!

squelettenoir

I really liked the book. A lot. And I kind of don't feel this does it justice.

I don't know that it's supposed to necessarily... But somehow I just don't like this. D:

It's me, though, not the design.

linoleum91

this is great.
there are not enough literary puns on threadless.

KevlarDupont

The pun is c o r n
but
that tablecloth is s w e e t.

If I were you I would get rid of:

-the catcher
-the ball
-the bread
and then center the design

HaDodges

I like the placement a lot but I could do without the catcher and the ball.

I'd get this shirt if it was just the bread on the table.

crunchygirl

Agh! Ha ha ha!

I love a good visual pun. Adorably done.

I have that tablecloth too, btw.

pmcorn

clever and a pleasing design

Antcupa

nice design

aurey

gross

EugeneDebs

FRICKINAWESOME on Jul 06 '07

Seriously, fuck the younger generation. lol. Sorry a book's plot isn't spoon fed to you.

pfft! i loved this book.

warren602

HAHA. Thats awesome!

jasper7777

love it (not liking the book- is no reason to not like this - this is funny)

Twiggyhall

Thanks, Jasper! My thoughts exactly :)

anonymityisbest

dude it seems like everyone outside of upper level english classes hated this book.
but i'm in AP, so complex books are sooo much more fun to read than drivel and static books with predictible plotlines coughcoughharrypottercoughcough

just something that needed to be pointed out.

Malcolm Man

The book was great, the design....meh

TyTorrent

that's Hilarious.
=/

holykeebler216

i hate that book with the fire of a thousand suns

but i like this
not going to buy it, but i like it

XOXO

Twiggyhall

Wow, the fire of a thousand suns?? Damn, that's hot!! ;)

raxotoxin

this is only funny when paired with the title of the shirt.

Razorratz

Too bad it looks like WHEAT BREAD!

pfaff-off

i like the pun... i just think there are only 5 people on the planet who would get it w/o the title

Twiggyhall

Of course I'm biased, but I prefer the more subtle puns myself. I find the ones I tend to like on this website are those that aren't hitting you over the head.

For me, it's o.k. if it takes a second for someone to figure it out, that's part of the fun of wearing a fun T-shirt that you want people to notice...

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us