Close
One second...

Gangster of Love

• by camdog
  • posted Jun 30, 2007
  • 37 Comments

First Ever Submission (Long Time Listener, First Time Caller)

This is the final result of some other tragic ideas.

The black T has some sparkly Gold paint (oooh, shiny)

Thanks.

Cam.

Watch this
camdog

First Ever Submission (Long Time Listener, First Time Caller)
This is the final result of some other tragic ideas.
The black T has some sparkly Gold paint (oooh, shiny)
Thanks.
Cam.

kurt bayne

I like how the arms come up the sides
A little more tweaking and people will think there's some breast-grabbing going on!

JCD2712

i like it but i think that the pinky and rings fingers come too far down...maybe you could put them in line more with the other fingers but still show that they are there...does that make sense?

atomic child

i design like this was printed awhile ago

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

yep there was but this si still nice so keep it up

jet1125

It looks too much like the design "So Lovely" that was printed before.

Vorernil

I like the pink one. Don't get why you called it 'gangster', tho'.

Get F a m o u s.

looks great on pink. i dont understand why the fingers are so oddly bent and raised though.

pooner

i don't see how this represents "awkward love."

japanxacid

I love this. very cute concept.

AlaskaCannoli

I like the illustration, and the idea. :)

bloatbugjen

this is very awkward. i have come to this conclusion because i do this towards my boyfriend all the time, and he sweetly (but quite awkwardly) tries to shape it back and fails sadly.

is it just a guy thing? don't your fingers bend like that? lol $4

camdog

Oh Bummer. I hadn't seen that design when I did this.
My fingers bend like that. hehe.
The Gangster of Love title came about when my friend decided it was like a gang sign. And I was listening to Talking Heads.
Thanks for all the comments. Crits definitely appreciated.

artandstory

i looked up the "so lovely" design, because i hadn't seen it before.
fyi it's here: http://www.threadless.com/product/247/So_Lovely

I like your execution of the (similar) concept much better. I like that the image has no text and the drawing and design of the hands is SO much better than the "so lovely" design.

that being said, i think it's a tiny bit (just a TINY bit) too subtle. I think maybe the thumbs should be touching.

Didn't get the gangster thing at first, but I was able to get it without reading your explanation.

artandstory

i looked up the "so lovely" design, because i hadn't seen it before.
fyi it's here: http://www.threadless.com/product/247/So_Lovely

I like your execution of the (similar) concept much better. I like that the image has no text and the drawing and design of the hands is SO much better than the "so lovely" design.

that being said, i think it's a tiny bit (just a TINY bit) too subtle. I think maybe the thumbs should be touching.

Didn't get the gangster thing at first, but I was able to get it without reading your explanation.

artandstory

sorry for the duplicate comment. threadless was being buggy.

OneEyeAskew

I am in love with this. The only thing I'd ask for is grey on black instead of sparkly gold. Still, love it. $5

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

As stated above, it's looks like the "so lovely" shirt design, minus the extreme awesomeness.

JinMakkto

good for a first attempt but nothing special

AugustoP

Cute, but I do agree with JCD2712´s comment, the heart shape could be better defined.

pudge_monster

i've seen a similar illustration before.

will-cawdordrive

i like it. the only thing i'd say is to not make the black shirt with gold ink. probably just a personal opinion thing.

I like cookies

I couldn't tell what the hands were doing without the title. I thought you were making shadow puppets of a spider or something.

ntlsteven

whats with the lack of line variation

thatmaybeAWESOME

The joker by the steeve miller band. i really like nthis design

sultry

Hahaha, it's my boyfriend who does this to me all the time.
I really like this.

camdog

Seems there may be a market for the design. hehe.

cheezluva

Loving the hand-heart thing, but it is a bit too similar to "So Lovely". I do think I might prefer this one, though, once you get all the fingers cleaned up.

rollaboL

I really like this design (i scored it a $5) but it just occured to me that the perspective you show can only be seen by the person flashing the sign. anyone else looking at someone doing this with their hands would see it with pinkies in front and thumbs in back. Maybe that's how the shirt should be oriented? Either way, i love the concept (and the song!)

eille08

the arm length is awesome... black and gold- mmmmyum

NZjack

i love cameron

No account?
Join Us