Close
One second...

Foiled Again!

• by Charro
  • posted Jun 28, 2007
  • 38 Comments

Curses! In the world of classic silent movies the villain never gets the girl, and this is why.. Awkward...

Watch this
Charro

Curses! In the world of classic silent movies the villain never gets the girl, and this is why.. Awkward...

Verdana

Great illustration! Good take on the theme. You really captured the "old movie villain" feel.

ilikeice

I love the illustration. Very nice! $5!

jet1125

Are you trying to say that the villain never gets the girl because she's always rescued?!

jet1125

Or rather because she passes out?

jet1125

Great illustration BTW, you really captured everything.

tobasco

Man your skills hurt!

Blue_Eyed_Girl

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

hayati

love it.does it have to be on dakota slate though? one thing that would deter me from buying the shirt is the color of the shirt. purple please? other than that absolute love

Utahbeach

Is she fainting because of relief about a rescuer, or because of fear of a villain? I love the illustration, but am confused what you're trying to convey.

Verdana

I think she's just doing an old-time dramatic swoon.

The villain changed his mind about the train track thing and decided to court her instead. He's probably not very good at it, after so many years of kidnapping and villainy.

bunnybraineater

i love silent films, so i may be a little biased, but i'd totally love to have this shirt!

AlinaT

$5

beesneak
beesneak profile pic Alumni

Love it.....5$

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I think this style of design is totally amazing for your first go-round on threadless, but I am also a bit perplexed by the messege here. Are you trying to say if the villian gets the girl, after they are married or have their big scene of their love finally coming together, the next thing the villian will do is tie up his girlie to the nearest railroad route? 3 based on aesthetics alone until the designer comes back and figures out which one of all of us are right.

MelissaMae

at first i thought he was rescuing her because his arm is under her.

Degazio

Nice drawings skills, now for the message...

wonderwillow

really love the colors. would $5 it even if it wasn't such a great design just for the colors!

wonderwillow

ok. i got a little carried away, but a $5 nonetheless

SenselessFrantic

5$ it be even better if the illustration was a bit bigger 5$!

victimofopportunity

she's got some tiny thighs... lucky..

great illustration!

spock123

It looks to me like he can't untie the second rope because he's holding flowers. And doesn't have a third hand.

Twiggyhall

Very well drawn - pretty!

nullandvoid

YES! i like it, PERFECT on dakota slate too. I absolutely love it. nice work

Mandyhello

I think the baddie is conflicted.. part of him wants to tie her to the track, part of him is thinking love :D

gorgeous, I love this design $5!

DoeEyes

I like the idea, but I'm not feeling the imagine. Not for lack of skill, or anything like that. I'm just not connecting with it, if that makes sense.

Costumedzyner

Love this design!!! Only thing though: her hand is backwards.... Fix that and I will definitely buy this!

OrangeRadioKitty

Her hand isn't backwards, her palm is toward the sky. I suppose it looks awkward at first, but I love this design! Good luck!

viddee

dekota slate is a good colour. It needs to be a fairly passive colour otherwise it detracts from the image. + it's easier to wear.
Great design! $5

Charro

Thanks, Mandyhello, you got it. Instead of tying her up, this 'villain' has mended his ways and is rescuing the girl. Already he's begun to untie her but his image (of that classic, old-timey villain) is working against him-- she sees him and faints in fear and surprise.

Sorry about the confusion! I would have posted sooner but I've had no internet access lately. I love the comments, please tell me what you think so I can improve!

kisses

I love this design and I would definetely buy.
$5

pudge_monster

i love it. dark purple for the shirt would be nice.

Zmirg

Passionate.......misscalculated " fall for me" trickery..
Her you tied me to a train track!!

Him: yes but i also rescued you!!?

Her: hmm..? ok lets date

lol

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

omg print

omg...

omg

No account?