Close
One second...

Phantom of the Opera

• by fade2red
  • posted Jun 14, 2007
  • 49 Comments

oh and thats a real song from it, lyrics and notes lol, i know how threadless ppl like to test ya. lol.

Watch this
fade2red

oh and thats a real song from it, lyrics and notes lol, i know how threadless ppl like to test ya. lol.

TheCrowe

:) which song is that in again?

andreaV

i loooooove this! has a great flow! 5 5 5 5 $

mm237

i like how you did the phantoms mask! $5!

jj5785

i love the phantom of the opera! 5 !

Ryan_Seacrest

give it up for this staff design. america has spoken: BORING.

IHUGROBOTS

wtfreak.
RYAN SEACREST?

Paula Abdul

^ Fake Ryan..just FYI

britney0ct0pus

haha i'm with ihugrobots, what is the deal with the american idol people?

anyways, i like it, it's creative, i like the play

da Face

I love the Phantom of the Opera as well, but I wonder what song this is, because (I'm pretty positive) it is not from Phantom. I could be wrong though, I just doubt it. $4.

Simon Cowell

Ryan Seacrest knows nothing, he is just a host that is trying to judge like the big boys. The concept isn't too boring, but once again you don't have the skills to properly execute the design. Work on your art skills or your ability to use the applications you are working in.

smoogle

r u effing serious? first Simon. Then Paula. Then Randy. Now Ryan? doesn't anyone have any originality?!?!?!

smoogle

love the tee by the way $5

fade2red

im 90% sure that is from the opera, i was on its website looking up lines and notes. thx for the comments everyone.

riakicksass

i agree, i like how you did the mask. change the style a little.. i think it looks a little funky, on the shirt.

mllesatine

Is that from the film version? Because as far as I can recall, it isn't in the stage version.

I am Amadeus

I like it. However, I think lower portion of the mask looks slightly like the united states.

greenballoon

i love the whole phantom of the opera thing, but it really bugs me how the staff isn't actually a staff. to the point that i would probably buy it if it looked like a staff. but that's probably just me...

fade2red

i have never drawn music so i tried to copy it best lol

Scoobydooto

Looks really great on the black. Maybe if you added some shading it would beef up your design a bit. It's got potential, that's for sure!

Quid Pro Quo

I love how the mask is done but I think the placing is kind of poor. Pretty good though I'll 5 it because i like the idea but if it doesn't win please develope it more and try it again.

reetzy_chick

I love the mask part but the rest needs a little work...make it look more smooth

NessaChan

I like your idea a lot but add me to the list of people who can't figure out what song this is... at first I thought it was from the lesser known musical that is just called "Phantom," but I couldn't find this lyric in that musical either.

BornOfFire

This shirt would get a 5 from me if the lyrics were actually from Phantom....I'm 99% certain that they are not!

USDF

Yea, Phantom of the Opera is really in F minor (or Ab Major, depending on how you see it). For future reference, it's in D minor, the key with one flat (that's the little 'b' after the treble clef). I'm sorry we had to have this discussion.

annascene

Yeah...that's not Andrew Lloyd Webber. Great design idea tho. 2 since it's the wrong lyrics.

Sarahnade

do it again with a real Phantom of the Opera song, and I'd buy it in a heart beat

fade2red

damn sorry people., i looked it up on googel it said notes and bars from the phantom of opera. :(

Renazzle

Wow, when did the American Idol judges join threadless??

Madlune

Fix it and it'd be a 5 and buy. Try doing "Masquerade," "Music of the Night," or even "Think of Me"

Snowspirit

This is a fantastic idea, I love POTO!

terryb

im really sorry, but your manuscript is so not real it makes me hate the shirt,,,
the lines are so big... and the clefs are wrongly placed
research ?

fade2red

lol if this doesnt win(which i think it wont) i shall re do the lines and clefs(which i was looking at music and never wrote music before), also add "real" lyrics. lol thx for all the good advice. im glad ppl enjoy the "idea" of it.

littlegreengirl

looks like it says "my heart is buming"

hiimbob

this is sooooooo beatuful...

ninjapiratesrock
  1. That's not from Phantom of the Opera.
  2. Needs to be redrawn.
    But I do like the concept, and I love Phantom of the Opera.
    Critiques then resubmit, please?
mdxxxvi

A pretty neat concept...clean it up and you're golden.

gyrfalcon

Please clean this up!

Dabem

Ok, rather than complaining I will actually be helpful.

First on the design aspect add some shading, it would help out the perspective a lot. Music wise each clef (the funky looking things at the beginning) should get 5 lines and the text should be in the middle. You might not want to do that for simplicity's sake, but if you were worried about accuracy I have the phantom of the opera sheet music which you could reference.

Finally, I think the best line would be:
'you will curse the day you did not do, all that the phantom asked of you' or simply 'all that the phantom asked of you' -from "all I ask of you (reprise)"
or
'sing once again with me, our strange duet' -from "the phantom of the opera"

Send it back to critiques, nice try but it's not ready yet.

fade2red

thx dabem, i really appreciate helpful info, like i said i have never written sheet music so i was looking at screen and drawing lol. i will for sure research a lil harder next time around.

Patrizio

The music part of it doesnt make sense... a lot of it anyways... the staff is screwed up and a lot of the notes are in wrong positions and stuff...
It jus doesnt work

dorei

I suggest using lyrics from Music of the Night. Or perhaps just find the musical score and put in the notes, without the words. I think perhaps that may work even better.

jackdante17

Love Phantom; definitely caught my attention.

I like the concept, but I think the design needs to be refined a little. It seems too... blunt? Using different line widths would make the lineart more interesting, perhaps and I do agree that the staff needs to be corrected. It looks sloppy.

Keep working at it, though. I think you've got something cool, here!

elinpearce

Really cool, I just wish there was a little more of the mask.

hostime

I like the idea, but it was terribly executed.

dasume

Sorry to add another criticism, but the handwriting looks a little... childish?

Is it possible to change it, and of course change the lyrics as well.

criz

I also like the idea a lot, but I wouldn't wear the phantom of the opera on my t-shirt, or any musical for that matter.

Saladid

dont like words or maybe if it where more just typed text maybe that would look better anyways i like alot just think some touch ups! and it would be a 5

fade2red

its got like a lil time left to vote on. im happy with the helpful ideas and not so helpful ones. i got work to be done on my art, start adding more shading, more detail, i can i just get lazy and that shows in art. thx everyone :)

Marika79

LOve the concept..

No account?