Close
One second...

The Hunt (the modern way)

• by antosh
  • posted Jun 13, 2007
  • 55 Comments

Food has always been one of the primary needs for human survival, but the way we acquire food today is very different to the way it was done for millions and millions of years before us.

The hunter gatherer mentality of the city dweller hasn't really changed , but the weapons and the tactics did. From stones and spears to credit cards and shopping trolleys, from the hunt to a sale. Evolved for the better? who knows. If we don't run, chase and throw but drive sit and eat, we could just evolve to be the biggest and the slowest mammals on earth and history shows that those are the the ones with the least chances of survival as a species.

This sub is based on the newly discovered cave painting that carbon-dates back to 2007, the era shortly before the extinction of the species known as human.

Having said all that, I think I am going to go buy some cookies.

BTW, if you want to see a close-up of the texture go to

http://www.watermarkltd.com/default.asp?sectionID=23&illustratorID=201

and click on the 5th icon in the second row

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
antosh
antosh profile pic Alumni

Food has always been one of the primary needs for human survival, but the way we acquire food today is very different to the way it was done for millions and millions of years before us.
The hunter gatherer mentality of the city dweller hasn't really changed , but the weapons and the tactics did. From stones and spears to credit cards and shopping trolleys, from the hunt to a sale. Evolved for the better? who knows. If we don't run, chase and throw but drive sit and eat, we could just evolve to be the biggest and the slowest mammals on earth and history shows that those are the the ones with the least chances of survival as a species.

This sub is based on the newly discovered cave painting that carbon-dates back to 2007, the era shortly before the extinction of the species known as human.
Having said all that, I think I am going to go buy some cookies.
BTW, if you want to see a close-up of the texture go to
http://www.watermarkltd.com/default.asp?sectionID=23&illustratorID=201
and click on the 5th icon in the second row

orillese

I want this, RIGHT NOW. $5

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

concept and execution is perfect.

Gnomes4life

great t shirt
adn story to go a long with it
keep it on a natural color t shirt
and i'll buy it

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

Veru cool.

Samtricks

nice idea

pooner

i don't think humans have been around for millions and millions of years.

antosh

I didn't say that they did, they originatet about 200 000years ago from Africa. But the point is whether humans or our ape-like ancestors or the dinosaurs before them all hunted for food. That was done for millions and millions of years.

antosh

I sound drunk in this last comment, hahaha. No, just tired:) and yes, I know how to spell originated :)

Christoph Jenkins

. . .Did banksy and his cave art have anything to do with inspiration here?

jimbitojr

me like. you get print

erinpillar

I love it! It has all the right touches of everything!

MooCowMoo

Awesome! 5

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

FANTASTIC 4! Ooops sorry FANTASTIC 5$! for the fantastic artwork! i like it, mate! :D

jasonburnam

Josh, your style is friggin' crazy good. 5

nobby78

Awesome very original $5 deffo!!!!!!!!

phones

i've seen this concept before- but this is soooooooo good!

$5

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

this is the hotness 5$

madruga

LOL!!!!!!!!

Ted Sengler

Definitely a Banksy rip-off

Vindemiatrix

I think it's awesome, even if you were inspired by Banksy.

Anti-Emo

cool!

antosh

What the heck is this Banksy thing? can you show me where it is?

antosh

Ops, just saw the link to it, nevermind. thanks.

antosh

Wow, his is very similar to mine, even his shopping trolley is the same! Oh well, what can you do, that's what people were saying about my UNICORN sub too. I don't care, as far as I am concerned they are my ideas because I cam up with them.

antosh

I mean came not cam. and actually his shopping troley is a bit different not that I look at it again:)

antosh

sorry I mean 'now' that I look at it again.
:)

Nessie.

Clever.
Very.

amoania

first $5 in awhile!! good job!

melh696
melh696 profile pic Alumni

ver ycool

fouchnickens

And Bansky ripped off the pre-historic cave artists and every one else who has used this device in art long before he became a performance artist.

To accuse someone of "stealing" a design concept that has been repeated by various artists for years (the Flintstones being the shining example) is a bit silly. Re-imaging pre-historic cave art has been the fodder for the New Yorker cartoons for years -- it's not a new idea.

At least antosh's version mixes different types of known cave art (Lascaux and African), which shows an advanced command of that which he seeks to visually pun.

skullcat

great work, and beautifully presented. A+! er, I mean, $5!

Rathany

That is really sweet.

Madiz

interest art direction

knightress

I love the work and the presentation. 5'd.

b0red

$5

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

cool illustration and style

mocha_craze

omg i love this! nice presentation. $5

Looneygirl

How true, antosh.

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

very awesome. nuff said.