Best Select Tee yet!!! Still crap!!!

So these Threadless Select designers are people who, I assume, are very talented at what they do. Otherwise Threadless wouldn't have enlisted them to design things and charge double the ordinary price. However, you'd think that with Threadless always picking different artists we would be recieving totally different designs. Not so! Every single Select Tee has something in common! Have you noticed? They all suck!! Remember the purple shirt with the giant intestinal chewing gum monster? He was fun. And now look what we have- a shirt of nouns! It's like Target teamed up with Louis Vuitton with a splash of catastrophe. Even Ross, (the model on the right) who could wrap himself in raw meat and still look hot in my opinion, seems uncomfortable wearing this shirt. It almost physically attacks you. So I'm forced to wonder, do these designers actually wear clothes? Does threadless find some new nudist or hermit from the depths of the woods each week and say "Ever hear about shirts? Feel like designing some?" In which case I say, bravo for giving these denisens of nudity a fresh opportunity into the wild and wonderful world of clothing. Unless these are regular people making this crap, whereas I really need to check out what kind of shirts they own already. Because if this is normal to them, they have a pretty serious problem.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Answerthatandstayfashionable

I didn't read this, because it's 1 big blob. You should have made it little paragraphs... but I sure hope you aren't serious about selects sucking. Most of the new ones are great!

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

i think the selects have gotten better and i want to wear most of them.

kaloyster
kaloyster profile pic Alumni

Every single Select Tee has something in common! Have you noticed? They all suck!!

LOLZ

BrandonB11

I'm an art student

design something you would wear and then we'll compare

sound good?

Krakaboom
Krakaboom profile pic Alumni

Well... I really like The Bad Seed.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I don't agree with you, but that was quite funny.

kaloyster

Yeah, Bad Seed is Select-worthy.

ecky_ducky

In my personal opinion, all of these are awesome:

And they're not meant to be normal; they're meant to be different.

Noobits

I own the select Anacoana and I love it. I own 'The deep' I also love Hogboys: The Bad Seed. 'The Motive' rocks.

hanzabean

I love barf trip
but I can't bring myself to buy it. Someday!!
Before it sells out.

13strong

Wow - you mean you dislike something that other people like?

How bizarre. You're a freak.

Noobits

hahahhaa 13 sooooo true

13strong

AgentSuprock - are you planning on submitting any designs? If I was an art student, I would totally be harnessing my skills, free time and school resources to make T designs.

Vladdypwnz

I like the way you put it

Ady bear

all i can say is i know what i like and i like what i like(sounds like a genesis lyric that)-and i'm with agent on this-this is pretty awful-when i first saw this i thought threadless had started a range of pyjama's

AgentSuprock

That's what you would do were you in art school? Really? I like to paint instead.

13strong

AgentSuprock - I'm not saying that's ALL I would do, but yeah - I would rattle off a few designs, if I had the time, resources and skills of an art student. Might as well try and win some $$$.

madmike

Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. But I think in retalliation I just won't buy it.

Now, who was that up there who suggested threadless pajama pants . . .

Ady bear

me madmike!

yeah threadless pyjama's C'MON!!!!!!!

Trishk

Your blog is funny.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

smoking hot is my favorite shirt

holyromanemperor

that one a very funny rant ... "denises of nudity" you have more originallity than many of these designers ...

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

This shirt looks like something a grandpa/grandma would wear. But it's still cool.

Alexandra Marie

The selects are the best shirts on Threadless IMO. They depart from the "cutesy" motif of a lot of the Threadless gear to explore some more artistic avenues. All of my favorite shirts are selects.

noneyobusiness

I think this shirt just looks awkward...and therefore makes anyone wearing it look equally awkward...even, yes, Ross. (sorry Ross)

Kerrn

that's your opinion and im not a huge fan of this select either
but not all the selects suck
the ones i have bought have become my favorite shirts

(Never Gunna Give You Up... was worth it JUST for the copy of faesthetic that came with it, but i wear this shirt constantly...it's usually my "first impression" shirt...plus it's usually a hit at parties, when it gets dark and drunk people see that the eyes glow in the dark)

aaaaaaaand i have this one on its way
i picked it up during the sale

in conclusion...selects can be cool
besides...if they were all amazing then there would be a lot more broke ass threadless addicts out there

-k.

Themilkman666

As much as I disagree with this blog

it was really effin funny.

kiLLyou

wow, I must be absoloutely MAD!
I own 17 threadless select t-shirts

kaloyster

The SkyFlakes one is .. I dunno.

fuaijie

yeah, i dont like this one either..... most are ok though

ilovetomasb

Agent, i agree with u 100%

i own like 15 threadless shirsts, and if any of the selects were on sale fr $10, i still wouldnt buy ne of them

well, MAYBE the union one.. but really though i dont think they're anything special either

Stevethegreat

your opinion is invalid as it is not supported with any evidence or apparent rationalization.

please try again next week.

Noobits

Holyromanemporer what the hell is a "denises of nudity" rant? being a denise this worries me............................ 0_O

exoticrobotic

what exactly should a select look like to this guy? seriously, please tell

AgentSuprock

it seems i've caused quite the stir....

exoticrobotic

good work. you got some attention hooray
isnt the internet convenient?

Wiggleh

Hehehe....
Once you get printed 4 (5?) times, you get to make a select tee.
Maybe some artists didn't want to make a select tee - and since they were going to get this tee printed without having to TRY and make something a majority of people would love they can just slap anything they want together and laugh at the people who buy shirts for $25 that said designer just crapped out in 5 minutes without any effort behind it! yay!

(i like a few of the select shirts)

heee heee eheeee

exoticrobotic

i'm sure thats exactly what they do.

Wiggleh

i was just throwing one possible scenario out there, and having fun with it.
it doesn't mean i believe it.

as stated, i appreciate some select tee's very much.

Mindylane

I personally agree with you.

MrDomino
MrDomino profile pic Alumni

Of course you hate a tee of icons, you're an iconoclast.

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

yeah well you are crap, hahaha, love that comeback.

anyways, just because you have no taste doesn't mean you need to insult other artists. i mean you have the right to your own opinion, sadly your opinion is wrong though. not every artist wants to make a shirt of a panda smashing something.

Me for the win! sucka

Denpatou

wait, i thought you HAD to have a cartoony rendition of a food item or animal line art to be considered good.

Kerrn

ps - i dont remember where but apparently the staff can still reject your select design or ask you to change it if they dont like it/think it will sell...so the staff does actually approve the select designs it's not totally whatever the artist wants to slap on a shirt

-k.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us