Close
One second...

Exorcising Your Demons v.3

A design I did about a year ago... Then I put it up again, and then I accidentally deleted it.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
MrHarm

A design I did about a year ago... Then I put it up again, and then I accidentally deleted it.

MrHarm

Here are a few more revisions on it, based around things people've asked for in regards to it.
I'm also playing with other color schemes which I'll put up later...

MrHarm

Any more?

OrangeRadioKitty

It's really cute, the colors are moving a bit fast but I like the denim, dusk purple, and dakota slate the best. Sagestone is okay. Get rid of the cloud, it doesn't seem to be adding much, doesn't show up on some of the lighter colors and is conflicting with the rest of the illustration.

MrHarm

Actually. It was a lighter color before, which looked better but I was messing around with it and made it darker, and didn't notice before I exported it...
I'll fix that now.

MrHarm

Yep

huntereedy

Hm...
I'd say don't submit.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good looking design, but it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

MrHarm

Well that's a debatable point really when you consider that over the stretch of all of human history it is, at this point pretty much impossible to have an original idea.
Alas.

i carnt spel

i dont think the guy is any where near as good as the creature, fix him it could be really good

MrHarm

Like how?

whatarebirds

It's not clear enough what's going on, and isn't visually interesting enough to work without some kind of meaning.

MrHarm

Thanks.

MrHarm

Any more?

fouchnickens

The title is "exercising your demons" but there's only one little demon. I think it would be funny if it looked like a dog walking service.

The skulls and the cloud seem superflous.

The posture of the guy seems stiff. He should be relaxed, perhaps impatiently waiting for the demon to do his doody.

And remember: responsible demon owners always carry pooper scoopers!

huntereedy

"Well that's a debatable point really when you consider that over the stretch of all of human history it is, at this point pretty much impossible to have an original idea.
Alas."

No, it's just when there are at least three of these in my mind that were printed, and countless others that were only designs, it isn't original to me.
So...yeah.

OrangeRadioKitty

Well I don't know if I'd wear it. But I really love the skulls and the demon going out on a walk. I see what you mean with the cloud now (it actually looks good tan) but it's still not getting me. Good luck!

MrHarm

Playing with a few minor additions.. and a subtraction.

j.ayde

Slow it down. i can look at the image for long enough without getting a head ache. =P i like the dead birdy. ^_^

MrHarm

slowed down funs

MrHarm

Bump.

whatarebirds

Maybe it'd be clearer that he was being exercised if he was on a hamster wheel? Just an idea... don't know how much clearer it would make the joke ,though. I only just got it.

MrHarm

Um... Nice suggestion but probably not.

MrHarm

Bump again.

MrHarm

Also, I don't much fancy the idea of trying to make it more explicit in any way, because I much prefer having it so that the picture stands on its own, but supported by the pun, and not the other way around, having the picture's purpose be to serve the pun.

jinosan

The guy looks kinda stupid. Maybe you could work on the art of that. Good idea though.

whatarebirds

It's obviously not working at the moment so you'll need to rethink something.

MrHarm

Actually. Including previous reactions, and the opinions of communities outside of this one, I think it generally IS working.
Thanks though. I do think I am getting a bit out of retooling it though.
Either way, I don't think I'll ever be able to please everyone, so. Well. Fuck it.

MrHarm

Any more comments of any nature at this point would be greatly appreciated.

vegacula

HAHAHA. This is so great, I'm really excited about this. The only thing that I have to say is that I like it best on sagestone and heather, oh and maybe make the demon a little creepier looking.

insolity

that's pretty cute. center middle. dakot slate with the brown. althought i thought it was a monster, not specifically a demon..

MrHarm

Thanks!

MrHarm

Also, the difference between what constitutes as a monster and what constitutes as a demon is mostly semantic.

MrHarm

So kids. Bats or skulls?

MrHarm

So I forgot to save the flash file after I slowed it down, and then my computer crashed. I'll put up slower ones shortly.

MrHarm

slowed down.

MrHarm

slowed down.

MrHarm

Bump. Bats or skulls?

MrHarm

Bump bump bump bump.

MrHarm

More comments please.

NThisStyle_10_6

As out of character as this is for me, definitely skulls. I usually drop scores for shirts with skulls on them simply because they have skulls on them because I don't generally like morbidity (if that's a word) on my clothing. However, this needs the skulls. The bat's just don't quite get it. I didn't actually know what they were until I read your saying that, and they're small enough that, from a distance, they wouldn't read at all.

The skulls on the other hand, from a distance, would look like bubbles, as if the monster/demon/thing is drunk on a leash (as many people should be whe they reach a certain level of intoxication (did I say that?!).

I think that the guy's back is too straight. It's as though he grew up in Elizabethan England where everyone was forced to sit up straight their whole lives and that's unnatural today. If he could slump just a little bit (my mother would kill me for saying that!) then he would look more comfortable with his demon and its exercise.

I like the expression on his face and the subtleties in the cross on the leash and the dead bird out of the tree. I also like that he's wearing chuck taylors.

I do, however, agree with an earlier comment that you should add a couple of more demons to make it look like a dog-walking service. Or, at least, when you submit it for voting, make demon singular in the title.

This is funny, and I like the idea a lot.

___

Please Critique my design.

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Band Geek

Everyone hates skulls. Including myself.
I wouldn't submit this design just yet, but you have improved it from the first version.

MrHarm

Alrighty.

MrHarm

Yeah. I was looking at the original design earlier today, and it's evolved pretty dramatically since then.

MrHarm

Bumpbumpbump
Working on another revision.

BlameTheSuburbs

The dude's anatomy is off. the head should be lower and farther forward. His ear should be closer to the middle of his heard. His near arm looks a bit off as well.

The concept is fine, but I'd do some major rethinking- maybe even going back to paper and pencil.

insolity

ohh, i like the bats

amoania

skulls... this looks great on sagestone!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?