Close
One second...

Life is hard for a snail.

This will be for the new hearts contest. The theme, in case you forgot, is "Love has never been so awkward" or something like that. Get it? Snails, heheh. Yeah.

Watch this
Sonofadiddly

This will be for the new hearts contest. The theme, in case you forgot, is "Love has never been so awkward" or something like that. Get it? Snails, heheh. Yeah.

Prexis

i don't get it, sorry. i mean i like the snails, but i don't get the random heart and why it's placed there?

Sonofadiddly

Welllll the snail is carrying it around because it wants to find love but it's confused because snails are hermaphrodites so who should it love? Poor snail is confused. Haha.

Prexis

OH ok, i just didn't know that about snails. and it doesn't look like the snail is holding the heart. but yeah those snails are still cool.

Sonofadiddly

Thanks, I like them too.

Sonofadiddly

SO. I'm not sure how else to portray that the middle snail is looking for love. Any suggestions? Or comments on other things? Don't be shy, now.

yayforstickers

is that snail pooping out a heart?!

the fact that the other snails are in couples defeats the hermaphroditic awkwardness since, well, those ones found love somehow! and there's another single snail so it seems like he could go for that one. maybe if the couple in the lower corner had their necks entwined or something silly like that to show how in love they are, get rid of the other single one, and make your lonely lil' guy look sadder?

oh oh or have him doing something ridiculous to get attention, like i don't know, wearing a really outrageous shell or something. lol. and some other snail is looking at him either lovestruck or disgusted. clearly i have no useful ideas, but i really like your concept so i hope you figure out something to make it work :)

Sonofadiddly

The other snails aren't supposed to be couples. They're just hangin out. Only the middle guy is looking for love.

What if his shell was heart-shaped??? Brilliant!

trindli

I also thought they were couples.. maybe but three or for of them together, to make it more clear that they are not..

and i like the idea with the heart shaped shell :)

Sonofadiddly

Heart-shaped shell looked dumb, so I thought of an even better idea! Wheee!

NYC

Too subtle. Who's going to notice a slight bump in a circle when you breeze past them?

Sonofadiddly

Good point Dr. House. Maybe if the shell was a slightly different color than the rest?

Sonofadiddly

Okay, shell is slightly lighter brown to go with the dark red line. Then I embossed it with the pink color of the shirt. Is that legal or is it like a gradient?

fouchnickens

What if your main character was a slug instead of a snail? Slugs are basically snails without a shell -- and not having any armor, it would be awkward trying to get a date with a snail who can "retreat" behind its shell.

Sonofadiddly

Tasha, I explained it to Prexis already, up thar ^. I don't know if I want to change the concept like that. Especially since I personally love the heart swirly thing.

Sonofadiddly

Here's how it looks on the shirt. I moved some of the other snails around. Maybe I could have a snail among a lot of slugs? Loving with a shell on would probably be pretty awkward. If you know what I mean. Which you do.

aberrate

Yeah - let's see what snail in amongst slugs looks like. I think it could work.

fouchnickens

^^^ Well, the sensible gastropod knows to carry protection at all times, LOL.

The other thing you could do is have the heart snail lock eyes with a slug -- sort of like "a face in the crowd" moment.

Sonofadiddly

Here be some slugs. What do you think?

Sonofadiddly

Whoever went and clicked "don't submit" on every version can go and die.

whatarebirds

It needs something else. I'm still not sure of the point. Snail looking for love?

Sonofadiddly

Look what I did with the top slug =D!!!!

Smitty McGillicutty

hmmmm, I like it all being snails better, but maybe you could have all of the slime trails from the other snails and the one looking for love made a heart shaped slime trail toward the single one, also give him a smile since he is trying to attract the other snail

http://www.threadless.com/critique/4218/Op_Art

Sonofadiddly

Hmm, perhaps. But how would that fit with the theme of love being awkward? Maybe I'll have the slug on the top advancing on the snail, and the other slugs are back to snails.

No account?
Join Us