• 134 Comments
Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
roboroller

wow, that is awesome

its kind of busy though...and how would you pull it off with 5 colors? i dunno...it might not go great on a t-shirt, but...shit, its a cool drawing for sure.

sagral

wow, great ilustration.

NYC

Excellent drawing. Like roboroller said, you'd have trouble doing it justice with only 5 colours. Oh, and I can't see a ninja anywhere, though that's usually the point =)

vairguy

Maybe you can solve the 5 color/too busy problem by keeping it grey scale., maybe add some shadding...

Solenoid

Cool art, but it's so busy I worry that it might just end up looking a jumble on a shirt

jinosan
jinosan profile pic Alumni

You're all right... This is going to be tough, thats why its been a year and I haven't colored it. haha. But if I have all your support I'll push on and hopefully we can make something happen!
Thanks for all your comments!
PS - Ninja's and cliche.... hahahaha. jk

jinosan

This is going to be tough.. This is just start of a tonal version. (as much as I could get done on my lunch break, haha)
Thanks.

Kublai Khan

I think the concept is awesome, and if printed would definitely fall under my "OMG I have to have this" category. That said, however, the colouring is going to be very tricky. My suggestion is to use different thicknesses of lines in order to really make the characters stand out from the background. Other than that, keep tweaking and experimenting, and this could be very awesome indeed.

ccockerill

The only problem is that they cannot print below that bottom seem, so you will need to move the design up, but that is really just a technicality.

SEVEN-HUNDRED

I kinda miss the buildings from the original sketch - it looks a little odd with just the one now.

Fantastic job - but i'd prefer it higher on the shirt

jinosan

Actually I think it would probably look better centered up higher, I'll have to make some sort of closure around the edges to wrap it all up.
Maybe I could do a sort of color scheme like this too - http://www.threadless.com/submission/115700/Stalemate_In_Old_Chilpancingo
Thanks fatheed!

PS. re buildings, I'll see what I can do , but it might just be TOO much.

TreeFiddy

maybe some colors, dont go over board, jus like green for the zombies, monsters aliens, peach for some people, gray for some blood, and watever else u think

Prexis

epic

but needs more tone

Bowtie

I love where u are heading with this.

jinosan

I tried dropping some color into it.. but I'll have to keep manipulating it.. 5 Colors is really tough, but thanks for the help everyone.
Comments are really helpful!

pooner

this is a really fun design. i know it's gonna be hard to fit colors in, but if you could manage to do it well i'd buy it.

paaron46

I LOVE THIS DESIGN! great drawing style. This would actually be a fantastic piece of art to frame.

Anyway, I would like to see some color, but would most likely buy it if it got printed whether it had color or not.

paaron46

PS...i love the caveman being turned into a bird.

jinosan

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Ive been playing around with the coloring, but nothing quite yet. Color is always a hassle. Ill try to work a more tonal one or maybe colored lines or something. Thanks again and keep the CandC coming!

trey is meticulous

jinosan, I honestly love this, but I have a possible solution for your color situation

just pick one color, and color all the things in the picture that would be that color, and don't color anything else

for example, if you chose green, the dinosaur and the alien would be the only things colored

also, I liked it better on white or grey :)

trey is meticulous

look at "U R My HEROine" for a better idea of what I am saying

jinosan

Update! I narrowed it down to 5 colors, pretty tough stuff. Let me know if you all like the colors or maybe just shadows and highlights. Thanks for all your help and comments!

paaron46

I think Threadless should let slide the 5 color rule just for this submission!

But, those colors are looking fantastitc. And I love the higher placement on the shirt.

I don't know how many colors you have right now, but a gray may really help you. you could use it on the robots the building. and tons of other stuff in that picture.

It's looking really good. It's a must buy for me whether or not it has color.

Magnamoth

I actually think it looks cheap with these colors, v3 was better.

Christoph Jenkins

Yeah... And you do really have a sixth color, the shirt color. See if you can make that work for ya.... Mabe..

paaron46

If you go with highlights and lines I say go with V2, i like the gray lots more than brown on there. and bring back the old buildings. I like those too.

jinosan

Yeah, 5 just might not work. I've got another idea that might keep with the epic feel of it. It does kind of have that cheese factor with the basic colors. Thanks and keep up with the comments!

Magnamoth

color it like an old school comic book, black and white.

trey is meticulous

man I really like this shirt!!! Everything is perfect about it, the placement, the white tshirt, the artwork, we just need to figure out something about the colors. pick out 4 colors, and color in everything. Going with the comic book idea, old comic books only used 4 colors and everything was filled in. I'd suggest Blue Green Yellow and Red. Black would be your 5th color.

paaron46

I think the black and white idea is great. Sin City-esque. That would definitely keep the epic feel of it.

But, I can't wait to see what you're thinking of.

verbalbird
verbalbird profile pic Alumni

i thought your third version has been the best. i like the little color, just move it above the seem but keep it positioned at the bottom of the t. awesome drawing

jinosan

Yeah I'm working on going back to a tonal color scheme. I'll upload it as soon as I can, thanks again for all your comments!

Buclkes and or Straps

i say colour this how you want it and buy a screen print, its rad

jinosan

Hey Everybody!
Theres a new version in town. I thought it might be cool to just have a white fill on everything. Yeah.. there are a few details that need tweaking, but let me know what you think!

Also looks good on - Banana, Classic Pink (ohh yeah! for the ladies!), light blue, pacific blue, orange poppy, kelly, sagestone, burgundy, dakota slate, denim, khaki (seen here), athletic heater, and pretty much any of the other colors.

Please drop a line and for any one interested in getting a print of just the art... I still have to do some clean up but if enough people are interested I'll try to make that available at - http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47122688/?qo=28&q=by%3Ajdstone&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps - soon enough. (also, check out the rest of my gallery, just for fun!)
Thanks again party people!

cantstopsmilin21

AHAHAHA it needs color, just color the whole thing like a cartoon and ya, i like this placement though

Kiki756

I like v3 the best.

Prexis

V3.

DShawn

ya v3

paaron46

Yeah V3 or 2 here. But, i do like this latest one but I think if you're going to do it white like that you need some really good black shading everywhere. Like i said before make it look Sin City-esque and you've really got a winner I think.

Bowtie

I like V3 the best so far.

fuaijie

yeah, def. v3 :) i love the placement.

jinosan

Alright, the people have spoken!
Ill try to throw in some shading like V3 and get that out as soon as possible.
Thanks again for all your comments!

jinosan

Still working on V6. Will resemble V3 more. Thanks again for all the comments and critiques!

jinosan

Busy week but do expect a update next week! Thanks for all the support, comments, and critiques!

Rathany

I liked version 3 alot.

AlaskaCannoli

v4 is my fav! I think you should add more colors to that, if you can. Kick@ss!

manderss

v3 is great!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us