Close
One second...

City In Ruins

• by cartooner
  • posted May 31, 2007
  • 51 Comments

I left this design a little sketchy because, with this drawing at least, I think it looks better with that "warn" feel.

Also I picked the color because I wanted to give it that dessert look. Hope you like it.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
cartooner
cartooner profile pic Alumni

I left this design a little sketchy because, with this drawing at least, I think it looks better with that "warn" feel.

Also I picked the color because I wanted to give it that dessert look. Hope you like it.

jean_warhol
jean_warhol profile pic Alumni

Dessert Look? Yeah I guess it looks a little like a cake. 3

N2O

Wow, this came out really nice! 5$

cartooner

sorry about the desert mispelling lol and thanks for the heads up jean

kingforaday

looks cool, 4 because its such a gnarly drawring.

hanzabean

A tasty, tasty cake.
Verreh nice, doodzor.

Melikochan

$5. Hope this wins -- I'd love this shirt.

travioli

IT's very different. $5

icebar

i still want to know what it's a picture of

cartooner

Its a city in ruins. Starting from the left, it is basically rock climbing and clibming up to were there are buildings that seem to be in shambles (the buildings look like they are from a desert region)

and if you look closely you may see the secret message (it has a small flag hoisted up to the right of the dome shaped building, take that for what you want)

cubfan2522

i like the artwork here alot. It is very detailed and has the perfect color selections, 5.

JAYGATZ

the hoodie looks pretty durn good.

suzbot

I know people will disagree with me, but I think it would look better with a higher more centered placement

cartooner

i tried to do a higher placement and it was hard to make it look like it fit there you know

icebar

yes but did you want it to look like an actual city that exists?
if not, good imagination!

cartooner

this is all free hand, and is my imagination
if by coinsidence somewhere there is a place that looks like this cool, but all i did was draw it one day off the top of my head and then make it cleaner and color it on the computer

icebar

nice. is that an american flag?

cartooner

thats up for interpratation

pooner

looks really good as a hoodie. looks decent as a shirt.

JGilla

sorry, asshats up top, correcting his spelling, PLEASE GROW UP. nice design btw

icebar

um some people need to grow up and learn how to spell, though.
sorry

The Sam

I love this!

siandra

I really like this design, however I'd like it better if the design was taking up a larger part of the actual shirt, rather than being in the corner like it is.

cartooner

sry about the size issue. That was the best i could get it situated on the threadless models shirt, but i am sure if it wins it would be no problem for threadless to tweek it a bit and make it better (as they have to other shirts with placement issues)

MelissaMae

yeah, not a fan of the placement on the shirt but i'm sure that wouldn't be a problem to fix.

sudanesepooch

nice image, but doesnt work on the shirt as well as it could, i feel!!

MooCowMoo

$5 It's very pretty, I like it a lot

no not really

I like the placement for a zip up. Nice work

cartooner

thanks for all the comments and compliments people
keep them coming (especially the compliments and 5s)

Aeeee

Well, I for one think it's pretty sweet, all nice & large there in the corner and the rest of the shirt is sky, or open space, for the theme of the deserted/desert place.

Gwendolyne

love it more on the hoodie ! $5 veeery nice love the scketchy feeling

teichou

you did good job drawing this

nice sandcastle design

darkshines

Looks a lot like Salvador Dali's ruined landscapes, and for that it seems to be lacking something. I love Dali's art, but the ruins would be in the background, with something more interesting in the fore.

treeboo

Awesome shirt! Id like it in the usual t shirt place, (fron and center, or maybe a little off-center). $5, Ill definitely buy this if it wins

Blonde Ambition

looks best on the hoodie, good color choice too

unin5pired

I like the hoodie.

cartooner

thanks, i really wanted to make this design into a sweet hoodie so its good im hereing allot of people like it
keep the comments coming

waltponce

Yes Yes Yes, please. I like that it looks like Jerusalem. Well done, kiddo. If this doesn't win don't be discouraged. Keep submitting things...you have a talent!

a for incredible

i like it a lot. the sketchyness and the colors work great together!

petpenguin

i really like how its sketched
i think when designing shirts people can make stuff to harsh but not everything always has to have a solid outline.

T Diddy

love the hoodie. not something you'd normally see. i'd deff' wear the hoodie!

unspeakable

man, everyone's already said it before but i'll say it again: GO hooodie! :) quite luverly.

jaz999

That would be "worn"
Nice illustration though.

DoodleJunkie.com

ohh man, i gave this a 5 when it was scoreing
I hope, some how, this will be printed on a hoodie

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us