Close
One second...

Dumble's Fyne Doors

• by N2O
  • posted May 29, 2007
  • 48 Comments
Watch this
hippozzz

The font is extremely distracting, but the artwork is fantastic. Good idea, but that text...ugh.

Nice job, mate.

mj00
mj00 profile pic Alumni

Great illustration. I'm not sure it works as a shirt because of the concept. I take it this is a Harry Potter reference? Because the text is so small, I'm not sure this works as a Potter submission (would anyone apart from the wearer know what this is?). Also, I'm not sure non-Potter fans have any reason to wear this. It doesn't stand out to me.

I've liked your previous work, so I guess I'll probably like whatever the next one is better :)

ineo2

is it supposed to be like. dumbledore with a fyne in between?

ouchouch

i like it but not for a t shirt design.

steviec

Don't know Harry. Very confused. Mjoo, help me!

slr_ecoli

Explanation: there is a character named "Dumbledore." Play on words. I'm not a Harry Potter fan but the design is very well done.

N2O

I can change the font, that's easy. Not necessarily targeting Potter fans, just a play on the words.

workslayer

Nice artwork. hmm the unsecured doors on the side..I'll have to come back when it's dark and get mine.

alpha-fly

Love it! Change the font, though. Lose the "Dumble" and just hand-write "doors". 5$

Fdupblindkids

i despise these old looking designs

magicien

Beautiful illustration !!

N2O

Thanks for the insightful comment, Breanna.

N2O

Larger version; text changed/fixed. I think it goes better with the overall look now. Thanks EH & Jackie for the pointer.

Fyne Doors.

alpha-fly

Looks great! 5$ for sure!

Yo, magicien, why you gotta be like that? Is that you're brother you're kissing?

alpha-fly

...sorry, I meant "Fdupblindkids" comment, not magicien's...

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

great 5$

N2O

Thanks! Be shure to check out the updated version:

Fyne Doors

NThisStyle_10_6

It's a good use of somewhat-accurate multiple point perspective. I like the styple, I prefer the updated version, despite that I'm a harry potter fan. (Although, I do appreciate the stubtlety of the original version).

I like the colors, and the overall design. You're in the upper tier from me.

N2O

Thanks. Yeah, the perspective is off for a bit of an off-kilter look. I'll leave the perfect looking stuff to glennz & the like...

Sledge42

An oblique reference on an oblique angle. I dig it.

N2O

So, does the general dearth of comments mean this is not going to score well?

cheezee

i like the art, i like the text in the update, but i feel like i'm kinda missing something here.

kayleahrocks

Curlz is not a font that I would EVER be excited to see. More like cringe worthy. The rest is ok, its a good design I just don't thikn its wearable.

N2O

sigh

Did you even look at the updated version with the change?

Doors

"The rest is ok." Um, yeah, ok... and curlz is a coolio font...

kako64
kako64 profile pic Alumni

Nice nice illustration. Very good. +5

actionvaughn

Good illustration, but I think the whole concept will be missed since the sign is too small.

iguanabanana

i like it! i just... don't get it... i feel like it's missing people walking around or something. the sign is better in your updated version, but still....i personally wouldn't buy this. i dunno, it's kinda missing an interesting concept.

janell6267

I like it. It looks like a picture from a fairy tale, and I like that style of artwork. You would probably be a great illustrator for books. :) $5

N2O

Thank you. I have actually written & illustrated a children's picture. I'm on my third draft.

janell6267

oh very nice! and congratulations on your work.

N2O

Thanks :) I will likely be publishing it myself since the kids book industry is a big cut-throat-catch-22-dealio. We'll see what happens...

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

But without the Dumble part of the sign, "Fyne Doors" takes away the pretty much unknowable reference...right?

N2O

Right :)

N2O

Maybe I should add a sign and add a sign that says "Dumble's" on the front door...

N2O

People aren't really "wowing" over this as it is; final score or a additional comments will dictate if a re-work/re-sub is in order (but I doubt it).

Thanks, Evan!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

How about the sign outside the store says "Dumble's", and instead of a big window taking up the whole left side of the building, you put a sign that says "FYNE DOORS FOR SALE!", or reverse the idea and put "DUMBLE'S" on the side of the biulding and "Door for sale" on the smaller sign?

waltponce

By the way, A play on words isn't what this is. To say it is a play on words would be to suggest that it's clever or witty...or even good. It is none of these things.

Hahahaha, yes, we all get it, Dumbledore sounds like it has the word door at the end. Whew, you are a satirical genius.

N2O

Thanks, Evan, I'll try that.

Walter, quit being a tool.

-InsertWittyUsernameHere-

I love the perspective, but the sign could use alittle work. Maybe make "Dumble's Fyne" stand out alittle more?

N2O

Thanks, Meg. Did you check out the updated version?

N2O

yeah yeah, got it

N2O

F*ck me; I guess that answers that question...

alpha-fly

Wow, why does everyone here hate your art? Even if this didn't go over well for a shirt, it should have scored in the high 2s or low 3s just for the art; it looks great!

Voters, what the hell is the matter with you?!

N2O

Its cool; don't worry about it.

No account?
Join Us